Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,580 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

What You May Not Know About Paylater App - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What You May Not Know About Paylater App (910 Views)

Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them / Paylater Loans Declined. Why Are Our Loans Declined. / 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You May Not Know About Paylater App by jchibueze: 8:21am On Sep 06, 2016
(Paylater has access to vital information on your device).
Hey guys! I recently was checking some Apps and what accesses they have on my device.
I noticed that the Paylater App has the following accesses. My question is, why all this accesses?

1. Read phone status and identity
2. Read your text messages (SMS or MMS) ------What do they need my text messages for?
3. Approximate location (network-based, Precise location (GPS and network-based)
4. Read call log, read your contacts. ----------------What do they need my call log and contact for?
5. Read calendar events plus confidential information.--------------What do they need my confidential information for?
6. Full network access, receive data from internet, view network connections, view WiFi connections.
7. Run at start-up.
8. Draw over other apps.
9. Prevent phone from sleeping.

To confirm this on your Andriod phone goto settings>Apps>paylater and check the permissions.

I believe with the provision of personal information, BVN and account details during setup, they can do all their verifications. I hope someone in their group won’t make available all these data to all these deadly scammers. On a lighter mode, they could also use all these information on our phones to scam us later. This na Naija abeg. Afterall their name na paylater. Don’t be surprise when you start paying later with all the accesses they have. Please I am not discouraging anyone but only making common sense like my Oga Ben Murray Bruce.

Re: What You May Not Know About Paylater App by lazinny(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is quite interesting... once had the app, though my loan was declined. This is too much access I wouldn't be comfortable sharing.

(1) (Reply)

How To Transfer Messages From Samsung To Iphone 7 / How To Unscusrcibe Hitwe Accout - Delete Hitwe Account Here / SALLAH OFFER! How To Get 1gb For 200, 4gb For 1000 On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.