Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager (2132 Views)

15 Players Who Were Rich Before Football / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team / Guardiola Is Cautious About Everton Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager by djayflex10: 10:03am On Sep 06, 2016
New Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is regarded by many of the fans and pundits as one of the best managers in football history, but not all of his former players have enjoyed his managerial tactics, Here are 9 world class footballers who think Pep Guardiola is a very bad manager, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Samuel Eto’o, Cesc Fabregas and the others on this list:

9. Pep Guardiola ‘lacks experience’ – Franck Ribery

guza

The French forward Franck Ribery hit out at Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola for his failure to win the Champions League during his time at Bayern Munich.

“Pep didn’t have a long career as manager,” he told Bild. “He is a young coach. He lacks experience. Sometimes he talks too much. Football is very simple.”

8. Cesc Fabregas was not aware of Pep’s system

Cesc Fabregas

“With Guardiola I ended up not understanding the system,” he admitted after the promotion of Tito Vilanova in the summer of 2012.

“I came from another type of football and to take in everything that he wanted so quickly was difficult because the others already understood it.”

7. Samuel Eto’o blast Pep Guardiola after being sold to Inter Milan

Samuel Eto'o blast Pep Guardiola

Samuel Eto’o once accused Pep Guardiola of being a coward and disrespecting him in his final season at Barcelona.

Despite scoring 30 goals in 36 league matches, Eto’o was sold to Inter Milan where he won another treble, lifting the Champions League again after helping to dispatch Guardiola’s Barcelona in the semi-finals.

“I first of all reminded Guardiola that he’d never been a great player,” Eto’o told BeIN Sports. “He was a good player, that’s true. I told him. As a coach, he had proven nothing. He came in and didn’t even know the story of the dressing room.

“Guardiola has never had the courage to say things in front of me. He passed by the players. Xavi told me they wanted me to stay but I had to talk to Pep. I say ‘never, if you do not respect me, I do not respect you’.

“Pep told me how to move like a striker. I told him: ‘You’re not normal!’ The true story is that Pep didn’t respect the things in football.

“What hurt me is that they invent things that the press relayed. They wanted to send me to Uzbekistan. I stayed at my place and I told him that he will apologise for that in the future.”

6. Pep Guardiola is not good on a human level – Dante

DANTE

Brazilian central defender Boafim Dante has criticised his ex-coach at Bayern Munich, Pep Guardiola, saying the current Manchester City manager is not good on a human level.

“He doesn’t speak to you so as a player you don’t know where you stand,” he told German newspaper Bild. “There are coaches who are world-class from a tactical point of view, but who aren’t good on a human level and this is the case with Guardiola.”

Read more: http://www.istylmagazine.com/news/sports/nine-world-class-players-who-think-pep-guardiola-is-a-very-bad-manager/

Re: Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager by 007Nasky(m): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2016
different people hav different philosophy
Re: Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager by Ajoboss(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
Pls o is Dante a world class player?
Re: Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmm

Re: Nine World Class Players Who Think Pep Guardiola Is A Very Bad Manager by goalisma(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
The LeaguesThe superiority of the La Liga told as they were well represented in the recently released 2016 FIFA Balon d'Or nominations
http://www.goalisma.com/2016/10/epl-vs-la-liga-world-class-managers-vs.html

(1) (Reply)

Christiano Ronaldo Son Admiring Messi At The World Best Award / 20/12/2017 Sure 15+ Odds(100%) / Las Las Bet9ja Na Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.