Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Farai Simoyi, She Is Zimbabwean Designer Who Works For Beyonce And Nicki Minaj - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Farai Simoyi, She Is Zimbabwean Designer Who Works For Beyonce And Nicki Minaj (765 Views)

This Fashion Designer Who Is A Unilag Drop-out Won $20,000 / Zimbabwean Hairdresser Rips Hair From Woman’s Head After Boyfriend Failed To Pay / Nigeria Meek Mill And Nicki Minaj. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Farai Simoyi, She Is Zimbabwean Designer Who Works For Beyonce And Nicki Minaj by newstrafficker(m): 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
New York-based Farai Simoyi is one of the rising stars of the catwalk with her self-titled clothing line. Born in London, raised in Zimbabwe and educated in the United States, she has caught the attention of fashion enthusiasts around the world.

When she first moved to New York City, she was hired as a Senior Denim Designer for House of Dereon, the clothing line by mega-artist, Beyonce and her mother, Tina Knowles. Simoyi recalls one day, standing on the 17th floor of a building in Times Square, the heart of Manhattan and having an epiphany; “look at how far I have come and how much I have accomplished; I am a Zimbabwean designer on the design team TISI +1.02% for Beyonce’s clothing line and my parents were raised in huts in Zimbabwe, Africa,” she said, awed by the trajectory of her life.

Having worked with pop star Beyonce, she is currently the senior designer for hip-hop artist Nicki Minaj's fashion collection.

Much like her boss Nicki Minaj, the only woman on the FORBES’ Hip Hop Cash Kings list (since 2011) who once told a Forbes contributor, “I am not going to fall back from something because it’s never been done before by a woman,” Simoyi’s foray into fashion took the same tone and tenacity. “Building my own fashion label from scratch has been a major challenge on it’s own, but building a brand in one of the most unstable industries is even tougher,” said the Zimbabwean fashion designer, “but I don’t see myself doing anything else,” she emphasized, resolutely.

Hear her, "Working with #Beyonce and #NickiMinaj has been such an eye-opener and such an amazing experience because I always tell people, you know, you can't get to that level of stardom without being brilliant and without being a genius".

Source: http://www.africafuturestars.com/2016/09/farai-simoyi-young-zimbabwean-designer.html

(1) (Reply)

Sefia Kayan Mata For Cheating Hubby , Is Hubby Pursuing Roadside Chicks,not Jazz / Folorunsho Alakija Stands Out With Stunning Looks / Download Tutorial Video: How To Do Spring Makeup Look | Beginner Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.