Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

10 Best Deals By English Premier League Clubs In The 2016 Summer Transfer Window - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Best Deals By English Premier League Clubs In The 2016 Summer Transfer Window (686 Views)

Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career / The New NPFL Referees Kit For The 2016/2017 Season (photos) / Top 15 Blunders Of The 2016 Olympics with Pictures…#1 Is Horrific (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Deals By English Premier League Clubs In The 2016 Summer Transfer Window by chideyofficial(m): 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
The summer transfer window is one of the exciting moments for football fans; and this year, the English Premier League wasn’t lacking in exciting moments too, as many EPL teams did they part in bringing in footballers that will better their clubs.

But some clubs had the best deals as they bought wonderful players that will help to improve the teams. These players are players who their services are needed in the team; you know, players that will suit positions that need to be reinforced, players that will bring the fear factor to the clubs, players that will devastate their opponents and most especially players that will use their talents and gifts and take the club higher in the table.

So, all things being equal, these guys, for me, are my best deals of these year’s summer transfer window.

(In no particular order)

1. Georginio Wijnaldum (From Newcastle United to Liverpool, £25 million)

When I logged on to goal.com back in July 22 and saw this transfer, I was like, “Liverpool can have brain o”.

For a relatively small £25 million, methinks that Liverpool hit the jackpot in this signing.
Wijnaldum is a crazily talented midfielder who I’ve followed way back in his days at PSV Eindhoven. He is technically gifted and is also good in distributing passes and making the midfield tick.

And another interesting part is his goalscoring prowess. Last season, this guy scored a whooping 11 goals, from the midfield, for a mediocre team like Newcastle. I can’t forget his four-goal haul against Norwich City.

And Chidey says… Liverpool won’t regret this buy (All things being equal including no injuries)

2. N’golo Kante (From Leicester City to Chelsea, £30 million)

For me, this is unarguably the best buy of the transfer as far as the English Premier League is concerned. This is the perfect case of buying someone that will reinforce an ailing position in a team.

You know, Antonio Conte is now the man at the helm of affairs at Chelsea and he knows, just like every other person that the Chelsea team need a lot of upgrading, a lot of work. Everybody expected him to change the formation, maybe bring his Juventus 3-5-2 formation. And as expected, he has reverted to a new formation, the 4-1-4-1 formation. And the N’golo boy is the pivot, he is literally the “one” in the team.

His immense contributions in Leicester are already being missed, you can see for yourself in their first three matches of the season. Man can cover the ground as if he’s got an engine in there in his belly. Even his former teammate Drinkwater once said that with Kante in the team, its like there are 12 players in the team instead of 11. Marking, check! Passing, check! Tackling, check! Interception, check! Shooting from long range, check! All hail the birth of a better Claude Makelele in the premier league!
And his performances so far have been very very encouraging.

With an over 80% rate in interception and tackling for Leicester City last season, you can bet your house rent Kante will help Chelsea come back on uppermost parts of the league table where they rightly belong.

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (From Paris St Germain to Manchester United, free transfer)

The god himself!

Apart from the fact that he has a character that I like, Zlatan is an exceptionally gifted player. You already know about that part.
Zlatan is the kinda guy that will develop any team, even Derby County. And with the qualities he has to offer, he is a good buy for Man Utd. If he’s not scoring, he’s bringing the fear factor to Man Utd. And yep, opposition defenders are gonn’ be scared of him. I’m sure of that.

4. Sadio Mane (Southampton to Liverpool, £32 million)

Liverpool has always been good customers to Southampton; Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, the list is endless. And now, Sadio Mane. And if you ask me, he’s exactly what Liverpool need now.

The Senegalese has an amazing burst of energy, pace, dribbling skills and all-round ball control.

Expect him to continue humiliating EPL defenders.

5. Moussa Sissoko (From Newcastle United to Tottenham, £30 million)

Sissoko is the kinda player that makes you think he must have been a bully back in secondary school. The guy is a bully in the pitch. Whether he is playing in the middle of the park or as a winger, expect ace performances…with bullying.

But not just the bullying, Sissoko is technically gifted and also a good dribbler with high pace and eye for goal.

Mauricio Pochettino sure has good eyes.

6. John Stones (From Everton to Manchester City, £47.5million)

Whenever you watch this guy play, you’ll be like, “is this a defender or a midfielder?”

Stones is the quintessential defender for a coach that likes everybody, even the goalie, using their feet to play the ball, a coach that expects everybody in his team to have good footwork.

Stones have an amazing footwork quality, dribbling ability and still retains the core tenets of the defensive business.

Forget last season and Euro 2016, Stones is the defender for the future and Manchester City made one of the best decisions by buying him.

7. Andre Ayew (From Swansea City to Westham United, £20.5 million)

Westham United’s record signing. Andre Ayew is a brilliant signing for Westham.

Westham United has become a very ambitious club lately and their performance last season is a testament to that and The Ghanian has all the qualities to even take Westham higher. His predatory instincts and all-round attacking qualities are more than just amazing. All things being equal, this will go down as one of the best signings in Westham United’s history.

8. Victor Wanyama (From Southampton to Tottenham Hotspurs, £11 million)

Another midfield maestro going to Tottenham, I’ve always told people that Pochettino is a big devil, big one.

Wanyama is the kinda guy that can improve any team. His ballet dancing in midfield reminds me of the great ballet-dancing midfielder, Thiago Alcantara!

Every EPL fan would have loved to have this guy in his or her team but it’s Tottenham that has the last laugh.

9. Ashley Williams (From Swansea City to Everton, £9 million)

At a meagre £9 million, this is like the shrewdest EPL transfer this summer.

Everton had a very awful season, hence the coming of Ronald Koeman to revitalize the team. And like Koeman said, Williams is the type of ‘strong’ defender Everton need.

Ronald Koeman now wants to tap into that experience, his strength, power and presence as he looks to rebuild Everton’s defence. Good on the ball, Williams is comfortable at bringing it out of defence and has even played in midfield for Wales. Plus, his injury record is hugely impressive and since Swansea’s promotion into the Premier League in 2011, he’s missed only a handful of games.

Time to teach Everton defence a thing or two.

10. Paul Pogba (From Juventus to Manchester United, £89 million)

This list would not be complete without this, otherwise, Manchester United fans will eat me alive, lol.

Even though the £89 million Manchester United splashed on Paul is a very huge sum, I think Manchester United will not regret signing him (all things being equal, anyway)

Paul is multi-talented lad with an awesome array of qualities in the midfield. He can shoot, he can run, he can bully, he can pass and he can plaaaaay good football.

Even though he’s the type that likes showing off, he will do well as the holding midfielder in the seemingly new Manchester United.

Notable mentions
1. Claudio Bravo (From Barcelona to Manchester City)
2. Islam Slimani (From Sporting Lisbon to Leicester City)
3. Henrikh Mkhitaryan (From Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United)
4. Granit Xhaka (From Borussia Monchengladbach to Arsenal)

Culled from http://nolongtalk.com/__trashed/

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles New Coach Gernot Rohr Rejects Abuja House Says “it’s Too Big” / "I Want To Give Something Back"ahmed Musa / Paul Pogba Faces Brother Pogba In The Europa League’s Round Of 32- See Full Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.