Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' (2505 Views)

Should Muslim Women Be Forced To Take Their Veils Off During A Trial??? / Is Right For This Cleric To Rain Curses On Wasiu Ayinde Pls Give Ur Opinion / Should Muslim Men Wear Niqabs/veils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by olanajim(m): 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2009
Egypt's highest Muslim authority has said he will issue a religious edict against the growing trend for full women's veils, known as the niqab.
Sheikh Mohamed Tantawi, dean of al-Azhar university, called full-face veiling a custom that has nothing to do with the Islamic faith.
Although most Muslim women in Egypt wear the Islamic headscarf, increasing numbers are adopting the niqab as well.
The practice is widely associated with more radical trends of Islam.
The niqab question reportedly arose when Sheikh Tantawi was visiting a girls' school in Cairo at the weekend and asked one of the students to remove her niqab.
The Egyptian newspaper al-Masri al-Yom quoted him expressing surprise at the girl's attire and telling her it was merely a tradition, with no connection to religion or the Koran.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8290606.stm
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by olabowale(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
If Tantawi said so, it shows his lack of full knowledge because a mere reading of Surah Azhab should have told him that it is the commandment of Allah on the house of Sunnah; the women of Muhammad (AS) (his wives)! We say in America: We will follow those who follow Muhammad (AS). Whoever does not follow Muhammad (AS) we will not follow him in what he chooses to follow instead!

It is true that it is not compulsory on the women are not the wives of the prophet (AS), but it should not be disapproved either, because it is the Sunnah of the fardidah of Kimar (the head and neck covering) commanded by Allah on all women who belief! Those who blindly follow Sheiks, this is a lesson to you of some of them who are ignorant!
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Nezan(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2009
if mohammed were alive, olabowale would have known islam more than him, he likes condemning other islamic sheiks
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Abuzola(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
Exactly my point sir olabowale, am still wondering if they will implement it seeing Egypt as a sunni nation i believe is just mere shakara.

The society has change, what is happening now has not been during any caliphs time. You will hardly find virgin youth, the ummah is polluted with lewdness and temptation by the unbelievers, from indecent dressing that will make a man adjust to phonography, in this age even a 3 years old baby knows beauty and love wallayi. I was as well stunned when i read the news yesterday though the news said it will only be applicable to Azhar university female because of terrororist disguising
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Abuzola(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2009
Sleek, are you ok ?
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Abuzola(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2009
Lmao , maga don pay, awon boiz dey vex. Hehehe.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by olabowale(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
If Muhammad (AS) to be alive, Olabowale would have followed him, step by step as the best of them (RA) followed him! You are desperate now, Nezan. I wish I speak your traditional language, I could have written it as in the Pele, and rora of my Yoruba language! Lol.

Alhamdulillah, Tantawi is not 100% authority in Islam. Below is Surah Azhab that speaks about the veil.

33:59: O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful.

@Abuzola: These sheiks are sometimes people who bend Islam because of their worldly gains. Alhamdulillah we are Muslims and Muhammad (AS) is our Leader.

@Sleek29: An adopted son is not a blood son! Davidylan I love like a son, but he is not Olayiwola! David has his real father and I am a fake father because we simply agree to be very friendly with each other. But boy, if he marries the irl that I want him to marry and he  makes a mistake to divorce her, the girl would have really matured to a woman that can hang with this sugar at that time! Do you think if I have a space still in my marital condition, I will let some immature dude like Sllek29 get his hand on her and waste a good dish on a terrible pallet? You must be kidding me.

Fake father and son relationship is not a real father and son relationship, because Muhammad (AS) is not a father of any of you (believing) men; thats the condition of Muhammad and Zaid and Zaynab  (AS and RA jamia respectively), and the reason Allah ended it by this relationship, ending what is false and replacing it with what is true
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Lagosboy: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2009
I have followed Tanatawis comments in recent years and i will say he his always an embarrassment to the the prestigous Al azhar university. He his no more than a stooge appointed by Mubarak.

No doubt the veil is a personal choice of a woman and it is not compulsory in the least. It is one extreme to make it compulsory like some saudi scholars and it is another extreme to ban it and limit the freedom of a woman to express her faith. Personally i will not want my wife to use the veil or my daughters but to say it is not of islam is a fallacy. Extremism has no limits, we seek refuge from our Lord from extremism on all fronts.

Tanatawi was the same man the suported the French govts banning of the hijab, was the same man his fellow Azhar scholars taunted fro shaiking hands with i think condolezza rice at the UN, he his full of controversies.

The problem of this ummah is with the scholars. May God make us recognise the truth as truth and falshood as falshood, this was the prophet's PBUH dua "Allahuma arina al haq li haq . . . . . . wa arina al batil li batil wa . . . . . . "
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Abuzola(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2009
Amin. Long time lag boy
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2009
No wonder: the "scholar" is one hell of a bastard and shame to Islam and Muslim. Have heard of many of his so-called fatwas.

Forget him. cool
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by abulbanaat(m): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2009
Tantawi is a Shaykh of the Ash'ari leaning he does not speak for the Ahlus-Sunnah (the People of Sunnah, as we are here, Masha Allaah).

For the set of beliefs of the Ash'aris visit Asharis.com (It is a Sunnah site exposing them.)
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by fizzybaba(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2009
wal asri!
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2009
fizzybaba:

wal asri!

truth hurts but it has to be told. the man is not from God. cool
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Lagosboy: 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
Please any moderator should please delete the insultive word to the prophet of islam. the post contains a particular word which in my opinion is insultive and inflammatory. "S** ma***** " post from sleek29.

Honeslty it is comment like this that has made me take the back seat especially when it is not deleted.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
@Sleek29,

You better behave yourself. You hear?
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2009
or what, strap a bomb on yourself and blow up the site? cool
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2009
I just tell you.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ain't threatening you, gal. Just telling you to bahave sensibly. Period!
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2009
i'm not a girl grin, i have a right to speak as long as its the truth, why do you feel ashamed to hear about your role model?
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Abuzola(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
Jarus or mukina where are you ?

Lagosboy is right
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Abuzola(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2009
Sleek, why calling my name, na wetin ?
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2009
check the post again
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2009
Sleek29,

Start a fresh thread on whatsoever you wanna discuss; I'll engage you there. Respect this OP.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2009
sorry but i had to draw your attention, opened a thread abt the 12 year old bride who died due to child birth complications and none of you went near the thread.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
Most probably your thread deserved that action. That beside, I didn't know know that ever existed.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2009
you knew but could not respond to it, here is it https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-323797.0.html#bot
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2009
I ressurected the thread; are you happy? cool

But I said all I got to say there.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by abulbanaat(m): 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2009
Let this 'sleeky thing' ask a reasonable question and we shall answer her. These rantings of her can come from none except someone who is in need of a religio-pshyco logical therapy, which she can get from nowhere but Islam. okay ask your question reasonably, O Sleeky or what are you called?
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 08, 2009
@lagosboy,longtime, why wont you like your wife and daughters to veil,is it not better to obey ALLAH(SWT)?
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by luvola(m): 6:28am On Oct 08, 2009
shut d folk up sleek. @uplawal - do u wear d full veil
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by sleek29(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2009
abulbanaat:

Let this 'sleeky thing' ask a reasonable question and we shall answer her. These rantings of her can come from none except someone who is in need of a religio-pshyco logical therapy, which she can get from nowhere but Islam. okay ask your question reasonably, O Sleeky or what are you called?

Chic i aint a chic, whats up, i'm sorry i called your man mo names i should grin, but i was so mad after reading the news of a 12 year old bride that died after 3 days labour, and if anyone is in need of a therapy its someone who is okay with a man who makes women look like objects of sex.
Re: Egypt Cleric 'to Ban Full Veils' by muhsin(m): 11:14am On Oct 08, 2009
sleek29:

Chic i aint a chic, whats up, i'm sorry i called your man mo names i should grin, but i was so mad after reading the news of a 12 year old bride that died after 3 days labour, and if anyone is in need of a therapy its someone who is okay with a man who makes women look like objects of sex.

He didn't do it, did he? Please enough of that crap; lets discuss something else, eh?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Says Here That The Quran Tells Muslims To Become Terrorist. / Islam Enjoys Fairness And Open-mindedness In Communication / The Truth Behind Muslims Facing The Kaaba For Prayers Every Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.