Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours (639 Views)

Youtube Monetization 2018: Account Must Have 4000 Watch Hours & 1000 Subscribers / How To Increase Your Website Traffic From 0 To 100,000 In The Shortest Time / DNS Propagation On Qservers.net Taking Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by amJoe(m): 6:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Hello, I registered a dot com dot ng domain with Smartweb since 2nd Sep. 2016, the domain is marked active in my domain list. I gave them my DNS so they can set it up for me. they told me it is set up.. I tried using the domain for my hosting but its not pointing. I contacted them and they told me it's due to DNS propagation. I tried checking the DNS record and whois record but I received an error msg. its over 100 hours getting to 125 hours and yet they're telling me its because of DNS propagation. do b
DNS propagation takes up to 100 hours before it takes effect?
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by donkelly2(m): 7:10am On Sep 07, 2016
Hey amjoe

Don’t get scared

Contact there support dept ask if you can set the dns yourself (I think that is the best way to follow)

Besides to your question dns propagation take about 24 - 48hours to fully propagate.
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by javijabor1(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Max 48 hours.
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by spikesC(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2016
Use this tool to query for the nameserver

http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by amJoe(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
donkelly2:
Hey amjoe

Don’t get scared

Contact there support dept ask if you can set the dns yourself (I think that is the best way to follow)

Besides to your question dns propagation take about 24 - 48hours to fully propagate.
I've contacted them but they keep telling me its DNS propagation
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by amJoe(m): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
spikesC:

the tool says my domain isn't found cry
spikesC:

the tool says my domain isn't found
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by spikesC(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
amJoe:
the tool says my domain isn't found cry the tool says my domain isn't found

What's the domain name
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by amJoe(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
spikesC:

What's the domain name
crv.com.ng
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by Compliant(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
@op if they have problem they should be sincere to tell you .DNS don't take that long bro
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by donkelly2(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
I just checked the domain in question and receive a response " Sorry! crv.com.ng is already taken!" which means the domain was registered truly

To the issue at hand I see no reason why the dns should take that long(try check your account to see if any dns was truly added)
Wish I can help further but I have not used the company in question

amJoe:
I've contacted them but they keep telling me its DNS propagation
Re: Do DNS Propagation Takes Up To 100 Hours by SpikesC1: 6:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
amJoe:

I replied (with my main account) but just noticed my post was flagged as spam and I got banned.
I have attached the info below as an image. Just follow the link and confirm the whois data. Also, confirm the nameservers are what you're expecting

(1) (Reply)

Our Company Needs A Web-design Firm To Partner With (portharcourt Only) / Please Rate My Blog's New Design / "MOBIMATIC" The New Simple Mobile App Builder.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.