Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List (30280 Views)

Headies 2016 Winners: See Full List Here / City People Awards 2016 - Winners (Full List) / Full List Of Winners At Broadcasters Merit Awards 2016 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by ccnation(m): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
How can Olamide's "Mayweather" be ranked above Falz's "Stories that touch" in a rap category? .....well it's Naija so I can't expect more.
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by MosquitoLaps(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
since it is called "NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT AWARD", why is it being held in the US?
Can't we have the ceremony hosted here in Nigeria?
Has the Americans ever hosted the Emmys, VMA, Oscars or Grammy outside the shores of the US?
Why we no dey use our head for dis country sef
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Desdola(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
Everyone cannot be pleased. The organisers have tried their best. But please host the shows in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by niofa(m): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
How did 'Eyan Mayweather' beat 'Stories That Touch'
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Womanitarian(m): 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Must u all cries about the location of the event undecided it was held in the State so deal with that
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by niofa(m): 6:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ejhoor...how come 'Soldier' didn't win any award. chai!!!
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by crazygod(m): 6:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Olamide is not a rapper

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Catalyst4real: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
Abeg what about "Young John the Wicked producer "? cheesy

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by adimsmt: 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
purplejuli:
The eleventh edition of the Nigerian Entertainment Awards [NEA], took place on Sunday September 4, 2016 at Tribeca Performing Art Center in New York, anchored by Actress Ebbe Bassey and Actor Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD)

The event, saw the likes of Kiss Daniel, Olamide, others winning big at this year’s edition.

See complete list of winners below:

MUSIC CATEGORIES

Album of the Year: Eyan Mayweather (Olamide)

Hottest Single of the Year: Mama (Kiss Daniel)

Best Song: Pick Up (Adekunle Gold)

AfroPop Artist of the Year: Kiss Daniel

Rap Act of the Year: Olamide

Best RnB Artist of the Year: Seyi Shay

Dancehall Artist: Ketchup

Best Collabo of the Year: My Woman, My Everything - Patoranking ft Wande Coal

Best Live Performance: 2Baba

Best Music Video of the Year (Director): Unlimited LA (Emergency, Dbanj)

Best New Act to Watch: Adekunle Gold

Alternative Artist: Aramide

Indigenous Artist of the Year: Flavour

Diaspora Artist of the Year: Ayojay

Gospel Artist of the Year: Frank Edward

Most Promising Act to Watch: Mr. Eazi

Music Producer of the Year: Masterkraft

African Male Artist of the Year (Non Nigerian): Shatta Wale

African Female Artist of the Year (Non Nigerian): Efya

OTHER CATEGORIES

Female Disc Jockey of the Year: DJ Mystelle

Male Disc Jockey of the Year: DJ Gavpop

Diaspora Disc Jockey of the Year: DJ Tunez (NYC)

Africa Disc Jockey of the Year: DJ Slick Stuat & Roja (UG)

Disc Jockey Collabo of the Year: DJ Kaywise ft Oritsefemi

Entertainment Executive of the Year: Don Jazzy

OAP of the Year: Tisan (Raypower

TV Presenter: Daala

Online Comedy Act: Emmanuella

Fashion Model: Mayowa Nicholas

Comedy Act of the Year: Basketmouth

FILM/TV CATEGORIES

Best Actor: Joseph Benjamin (Rebecca)

Best Actress: Fathia Balogun (Ishanna)

Supporting Actor: Sambasa Nzeribe

Supporting Actress: Osas Ajibade

Best Actor (Non Nigerian / Africa): Abraham Attah

Best Actress (Non Nigerian / Africa): Nuong Faalong (Freetown)

Film Director of the Year: Frankie Ogar (Soldiers Story)

Best Picture: Ishanna

Film of the Year (Producer, Non Nigerian / Africa): Beast of No Nation

Actor - TV: Folarin Falana (Jenifa's Diary)

Actress - TV: Abimbola Craig (Skinny Girl)

TV Show of the Year: Skinny Girl in Transit

Short Film - Blood Taxi (Folasakin Iwajomo)

Source: http://www.042express.com/2016/09/list-of-winners-nea-2016.html

Nigeria entertainment award, Why New York
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by calmbad007(m): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:
What's the rationale for holding the NEA awards in New York? Is that where most of the awardee are based?
I have always said it and would keep at it, I have never rated Olamide and I still don't rate him. Dude has got no lyrics. His contemporary (Wizkid) is flying high because he worked on himself.
I didn't bother to look at the film category, I don't watch naija films FFS
Olamide has got no lyrics........u need to stop smoking.

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Cathony(m): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hmmm, rubbish!!!
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by adimsmt: 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Womanitarian:
Must u all cries about the location of the event undecided it was held in the State so deal with that

Ask yourself will America ever host any of their entertainment show in Nigeria. I live here in America and I'll tell you we need whatever this event generated no matter the amount in our own local economy not in America. If Nigeria entertainment industry want to attract foreign investors or they are looking for more exposure please my people it is not through hosting an award show in foreign countries .
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by itsMrIke(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Isryl02:
Orisirisi awards. NDLEA abi wetin dem call dis one undecided

Bros abeg this ur comment gave me a good laugh... Thank you very much

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by HERSLEY(f): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
WARRIBLOOD:
IS OLAMIDE A RAPPER?..... BEST RAP ACT OF THE YEAR.. WHAT A JOKE cheesy
lol nigga sings more than he raps like Drake cheesy

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by holluphemydavid(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
For all d people wailing abt d yorubas dat won d award, firstly hw many yorubas made d list and again, besides dat, yorubas rep in entertainment industry in Nigeria

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
HERSLEY:
lol nigga sings more than he raps like Drake cheesy
Olamide to me ain't no rapper.. he might have done the basics in d past. But he ain't even among naija top ten rap acts

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by HCF(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nzeokafor:
Y did the event take place in New York instead of Nigeria?
Them no well...

I'm happy 4 emmanuella dats all..
As if u knew what I wanted to say: Emmanuela's award is the one I am thrilled about... smiley

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by gabriella4691(f): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
quote author=gabazin080 post=49159430] sorry who are this people u mentioned. do they sell fuel or rice[/qu ;Dote]uhn uhn!dem dey sell garri and groundnut grin
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Fact007(m): 8:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:
What's the rationale for holding the NEA awards in New York? Is that where most of the awardee are based?
I have always said it and would keep at it, I have never rated Olamide and I still don't rate him. Dude has got no lyrics. His contemporary (Wizkid) is flying high because he worked on himself.
Na true talk bro Olamide no get lyircs...Olamide lyircs na talk lyircs not Rap lyircs lk Reminsce or vector

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
calmbad007:

Olamide has got no lyrics........u need to stop smoking.
If you think Olamide is got lyrics then you really need to start smoking.
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by jojothaiv(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
And the end of the day, D'Banj is still a winner!
Case closed, good night!

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by jojothaiv(m): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Abeg what about "Young John the Wicked producer "? cheesy
Because with all his wickedness he's yet to produce for Terry G, as una no dey fear God na
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Ogbeifun75(m): 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
frank Edwards I see u
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by prince985(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:
who cares? undecided
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by FREDDi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:
who u epp?
You don baff?
Where you serve?
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by FREDDi(m): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:

If you think Olamide is got lyrics then you really need to start smoking.
sometimes its not by lyrics ...your target Market is of high priority since music/rap this days is all about the money not passion anymore,
if na by Lyrics,person like MODE9 for don turn tuface of rap...not to talk of pheneom and luke~warm ABAGAS
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by ExplicitContent: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin ;DOlamide, Best Rap Act of the year?! grin grin
I laugh in kafanchan
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by ExplicitContent: 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
FREDDi:
sometimes its not by lyrics ...your target Market is of high priority since music/rap this days is all about the money not passion anymore,
if na by Lyrics,person like MODE9 for don turn tuface of rap...not to talk of pheneom and luke~warm ABAGAS

Just Shut Up before I spank that your mouth..!
What dyu know about RAP! sad
Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by Mariojane(f): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
sapiosexual1:
either you rate them high or watch Nigeria movies or not that will not reduce their bank account or stop them from Taking their awards. Millions of people watch them so if you donot then it won't change anything nd they don't even know or care about you

Re: Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2016 Winners List by funnynation(m): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
when phyno go dey win award like olamide nah?

Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / BBNaija: Biggie Issues Strike To Ike, Exempting Seyi, Gets Blasted / Pere’s Fans Protest Against BBNaija's ‘White Room Twist’ In Lagos (Video)