Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Yaba As The Silicon Valley Of Nigeria: Fact Or Myth - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Yaba As The Silicon Valley Of Nigeria: Fact Or Myth (1245 Views)

Silicon Valley Insiders Reveal How People Get Hooked To Facebook, Twitter And Sn / Steve Job’s Final Masterpiece Is Completed: New Silicon Valley Headquarters / The Future Of Flying Cars: Science Fact Or Science Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yaba As The Silicon Valley Of Nigeria: Fact Or Myth by Orikinla(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Are Co-Creation Hub and Andela the only reasons old Yaba area is called the Silicon Valley of Nigeria?
That made the famous Mark Zuckerberg, Cofounder and CEO of Facebook to visit Nigeria in his first trip to sub Saharan Africa.

Is the "Silicon Valley" tag a fact or just a myth?

Watch "Opposite Co-Creation Hub, Silicon Valley of Nigeria in Yaba" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_PP1v-Qdw

Re: Yaba As The Silicon Valley Of Nigeria: Fact Or Myth by Donald3d(m): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Well i agree with you,i believe its the silicon valley of Naija, but to say its because of CCHUB and Andela i disagree, there are countless tech establishments and startups there who have no link whatsover with CChub and Andela (i leave in Yaba,i have worked with a team at CCHUb to create a 3D game as a character Deigner ,so i know what i am saying)
Re: Yaba As The Silicon Valley Of Nigeria: Fact Or Myth by Orikinla(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Donald3d:
Well i agree with you,i believe its the silicon valley of Naija, but to say its because of CCHUB and Andela i disagree, there are countless tech establishments and startups there who have no link whatsover with CChub and Andela (i leave in Yaba,i have worked with a team at CCHUb to create a 3D game as a character Deigner ,so i know what i am saying)

Honestly, I think the hype is more than the reality.
I am yet to see anything fantastic from Co-Creation Hub compared to iHub in Kenya.

(1) (Reply)

What Is One Scientific Idea You Wish You Could Understand? / Psc Solar 10kva/48v Xantra Cns Advanced Online Solar Inverter / Convert Eml To Outlook Pst - Eml To Pst Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.