Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau (856 Views)

9 Things You Might Not Know About The Prophet's Mosque / 9 Things You Might Not Know About The Prophet's Mosque / How Do Liars Get To Sleep? (the OAU Muslim Comm And MSSNOAU Issue). Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by Newnas(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
SIX THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT MSSN OAU

1. Mssnoau Ife is a body of peace-loving Muslim students. WHY? (1) I used to think Osama bin Laden and Al Qaida et al were fighting for Islam until I met a Salafiy brother from OAU. (2) Despite its conflict with OAU Muslim Community, MSSN OAU has never locked any of the school gates by way of protesting. The peaceful brethren believe in dialogue which is the Prophet's methodology.

2. MSSN OAU adheres strictly to the Qur'an and Sunnah and therefore doesn't entertain any religious padding. This is why many modernist Muslims have problems with them.

3. MSSN OAU attaches great importance to Islamic knowledge. This is why you will find many huffaadh in OAU. There is someone among them I consider really challenging. He came to OAU as tabula rasa but at 21, he memorized the whole Qur'an with Sahih Bukhari and Muslim. This is just one; I know many others.

4. MSSN OAU encourages members to excel academically through numerous tutorials for both Muslims and non-Muslims. That sister, best graduating student, that got twelve prizes in OAU College Medicine last year is a member. This is just one. I know many others.

5. MSSN OAU proudly promotes any of the traditional Islamic practices without fear of name-calling. In fact, I have heard people say OAU brethren don't know more than 'triple N' (nikah, niqob and nisfus sak). Does marriage affect education? Are niqob and n-sak not part of Islam?

6. MSSN OAU does highly effective dawah. Within a semester in OAU, many scarveless sisters turn to khimar and have a complete change of lifestyle. I know a primary school mate who used to host parties before gaining admission to OAU. Surprisingly, Shamadex came back home after his first session in OAU without his Afro Hair-style. I felt like crying when I saw him holding a copy of the Qur'an. I was really happy. This is just one out of many.

The above and many more things are the reasons I love MSSN OAU, the custodian of the largest student mosque in Southwestern Nigeria. I pray Allah bless them more and grant them the required patience and wisdom to weather the storm.

Oladele Saheed
Ex-Corps Member, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 08, 2016
Masha Allaah!

It was the salafi brothers in school that catalysed my becoming a practicing Muslim which is the mercy of Allaah on me, i wasnt like this before entering Unilorin, it really makes me feel happy if i look at my past and present.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by Newnas(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Masha Allaah!

It was the salafi brothers in school that catalysed my becoming a practicing Muslim which is the mercy of Allaah on me, i wasnt like this before entering Unilorin, it really makes me feel happy if i look at my past and present.

Same with me, I was a video game and football addict until I got admission to OAU and AlhamduliLlah, now I spend my money on books of noble scholars instead of complete sports, and I spend my time reading and memorising the Quran and sunnah instead of video games.

And I realise that our existence is for a purpose which is the worship of Allah not to eat, drink, sleep, reproduce and die like goats and chickens .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2016
Newnas:

Same with me, I was a video game and football addict until I got admission to OAU and AlhamduliLlah, now I spend my money on books of noble scholars instead of complete sports, and I spend my time reading and memorising the Quran and sunnah instead of video games.

And I realise that our existence is for a purpose which is the worship of Allah not to eat, drink, sleep, reproduce and die like goats and chickens .

Allaahu Akbar!! That's nice cool sadly it is in the same school I've seen many go astray.

1 Like

Re: Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by Feanah(f): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
Great
May Allah continue guiding us,amin

2 Likes

Re: Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by prodam(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Newnas:

Was that the best that happened to you upon joining MSSN? I was expecting improvements in areas like having patience, calmness in speech, more tolerance, better eating and drinking habits, and other islam-inspired improvement.

You could have solved your addiction problem some other ways too though. Better still, even balance things up by allocating time judiciously to gaming, football, noble scholars books and other Islamic engagements.
Re: Six Things You May Not Know About Mssnoau by Newnas(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
prodam:

Was that the best that happened to you upon joining MSSN? I was expecting improvements in areas like having patience, calmness in speech, more tolerance, better eating and drinking habits, and other islam-inspired improvement.

The fact that I mentioned a few does not negate the presence of the others.

And it's not possible to mention all.
Surah An-Nahl, Verse 18:
وَإِن تَعُدُّوا نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ لَا تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

And if you would count the graces of Allah, never could you be able to count them. Truly! Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Secondly, there's no mercy and guidance that's trivial. The ones you have listed seem to be the greatest lessons of Islam to you but I tell you, there's no favour and mercy of Allah that's as great as the correct aqeedah. And AlhamduliLlah, Allah has guided many including me through MSSNOAU to the right and pristine monotheism of the companions. RodiyaLLaahu anhum.

You could have solved your addiction problem some other ways too though. Better still, even balance things up by allocating time judiciously to gaming, football, noble scholars books and other Islamic engagements.

Firstly, who told you I never tried all those means.

Secondly, leaving a bad deed is not the ultimate goal rather it's leaving it and picking something good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.... / Abu Abdul Rahman Muhammad Ali Jabata / We Lost DJDOLA Finally, May Allah Forgive Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.