Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira (5751 Views)

Is Nigerian Paypal Now Accepting Payments? / How Much Is Payoneer Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate? / Get Back On Ebay And Paypal Now! With Incognito Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by adewasco2k(m): 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
i was trying to upgrade my VPS server today from 3GB RAM to 4GB RAM for the rest of the month which is just $6.

surprisingly i saw something on paypal that caught my attention.

they displayed the naira equivalent which i will be charged using my naira card linked to my paypal and it shows a naira equivalent calculated to be 1naira to about $0.00296229

so for $6 i was to be charged N2,025.45

This will be so awesome but my traction didnt go through.

i tried my VISA card from access bank (naira card) it failed
i tried my Mastercard from GTB (dollar card) it failed
i tried my Mastercard from GTB (naira card) it failed then i got a mail that "Declined Card Transaction: DCC Restriction"

see attached screenshots.

if this goes through it will be just too cool for guys that guy stuffs online.

ordering FIFA 17 comes to mind grin

seun

Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by Ikenna17(m): 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
That's about the same as Amazon charges you, but then how much will this bank actually charge as you make the transaction is what you should be worried about
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by AngryNigerian(m): 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Our FOREX market is dead!
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by DTRUMPER: 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
The site is just trying to integrate the official inter-bank rate into their system, but failed to factor in how corrupt the Nigeria fx system is currently.

There is nothing OFFICIAL anymore.

So the banks cannot honour your request at that rate displayed.

1 Like

Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by Heshei: 12:08am On Sep 08, 2016
The banks will def not want to honor that price cos its not the same as what they have available for transactions
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by satelliteDISH(m): 12:28am On Sep 08, 2016
Everything about our banking system is bullsh!t. All bullsh!t. Sorry abeg make Una no vex, I forget say na buhari regime we dey. So everything about our banking system is Cowsh!t. All Cowsh!t.
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by DualCore1: 2:44am On Sep 08, 2016
From a Naira Mastercard:

====
Dear Valued Customer,
Declined Card Transaction: DCC Restriction
Thank you for using your GTBank Naira MasterCard.

Please be informed that your transaction with the details below could not be completed because you have selected the DCC payment option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) that allows you to pay in Naira, which has been temporarily restricted on all our cards. Please reattempt the transaction and select the currency of the country you are transacting in.
Card Number :
Account Number :
Merchant Name : PAYPAL ***
Amount : USD7.75 (NGN2944.84)
Date : ***
====
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by DoyenExchange: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2016
Do you want to buy online but your card is DECLINED? Have your goods or services paid for in a twinkle of an eye! See our website for more details or call: 09058905310
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by abhosts(m): 9:08am On Sep 08, 2016
I saw the Naira Option but Never attempted it because the Rates were unrealistic. PayPal has a link that you can choose to be billed in the Merchant's actual Currency and that is the option that works with our Banks.

1 Like

Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by VIABLEBUSINESS: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:
i was trying to upgrade my VPS server today from 3GB RAM to 4GB RAM for the rest of the month which is just $6.

they displayed the naira equivalent which i will be charged using my naira card linked to my paypal and it shows a naira equivalent calculated to be 1naira to about $0.00296229

i tried my Mastercard from GTB (naira card) it failed then i got a mail that "Declined Card Transaction: DCC Restriction"

seun
what site do you subscribe to for your VPS I am looking for a reliable VPS server 4GB Ram. Thanks
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by semasir: 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
Wow..... I pray this is realistic..... I will just be ordering anything, anyhow kíákíá.

You can try out namecheap.com as they haven't failed me personally since I've been trying them.

VIABLEBUSINESS:
what site do you subscribe to for your VPS I am looking for a reliable VPS server 4GB Ram. Thanks
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by VIABLEBUSINESS: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
semasir:
Wow..... I pray this is realistic..... I will just be ordering anything, anyhow kíákíá.

You can try out namecheap.com as they haven't failed me personally since I've been trying them.

how much is their VPS 4gb Ram I need cheaper one like the Op own.Thanks
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by bedfordng(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

seun
with this currency conversion, this is the beginning of nigeria nightmare because lots of people will have problem with dcc restrictions. This has started happening with facebook, google, amazon and other site that has started converting us dollars way lower than what the banks are charging. This will affect lots of nigerians who makes use of naira visa and master card because the bank charges is clashing with the marchant payment site and the banks will not accept such exchange rate. This is why dcc restriction is affecting online payment in most foreign site. I see lots of website and domain going down the drain in the future because they will not be able to make payment with naira visa and master card. Even gtbank naira master card will keep failing if this conversion is implemented in most foreign site.

There is a serious problem coming on the way. To make foreign payment now would require dollar dominated cards, not naira.
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by adewasco2k(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
VIABLEBUSINESS:

Siteground.com
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by adewasco2k(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
VIABLEBUSINESS:
how much is their VPS 4gb Ram I need cheaper one like the Op own.Thanks

It's not cheap actually, this is just an upgrade fee for the remaining days u have left 18days from 3gb RAM to 4gb RAM .

Currently I pay $78.89 per month
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

It's not cheap actually, this is just an upgrade fee for the remaining days u have left 18days from 3gb RAM to 4gb RAM .

Why not go for their cloud hosting. I think it goes for $60 monthly and its cool.
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by adewasco2k(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
okedion:

Why not go for their cloud hosting. I think it goes for $60 monthly and its cool.

Exactly what I'm on....it's cloud VPS. But I have upgraded few things to make it $78.89
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by dogstyle007(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
I'm currently facing this same issue i don't just know what to do 9ja just de vex me... i'm so fedup with 9ja
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

Exactly what I'm on....it's cloud VPS. But I have upgraded few things to make it $78.89
Ok
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by VIABLEBUSINESS: 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
adewasco2k:

Thanks for thr reply
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by luwins(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
abhosts:
I saw the Naira Option but Never attempted it because the Rates were unrealistic. PayPal has a link that you can choose to be billed in the Merchant's actual Currency and that is the option that works with our Banks.
GUY ONLY THE GOOD LORD THAT CAN BLESS YOU. THIS WORKED FOR ME. THANKS A MILLION
Re: Paypal Now Converts Dollar To Naira At 338 Naira by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
You can easily get your virtual credit cards from www.vccexperts.com. Their customer service is the best and their cards are cheap too! So don't worry much about the Gtbank restriction on foreign transactions or the Africard $100 limit, hurry over and get your Virtual credit cards. Remember, you can top up your card up to $2500 per transaction! It can also be linked to Paypal

(1) (Reply)

Web Site For N1,000(php,html) / What Are The Disadvantage Of Free Hosting / How To Earn Money Online Legitimately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.