Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Inspiring story of Alibaba Founder Jack Ma - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Inspiring story of Alibaba Founder Jack Ma (660 Views)

Bobrisky Shares Throwback Photos With Inspiring Words / Drake Gives Accolades To Wizkid And Tekno For Inspiring His New Album / Gentle Jack Goes Shirtless In New Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring story of Alibaba Founder Jack Ma by Daniel058(m): 11:23am On Sep 08, 2016
Jack Ma is the founder of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba. His individual net worth is of Rs. 1,58,410 crores ($22.4 billion). His amazing story will inspire you !

He failed in exams many times in elementary and middle school.
When he was applying for college, he failed his entrance exams 3 times.
He even applied to Harvard 10 times! But he was rejected each time.
Ma’s failures didn’t stop there, after spending three years in college, he applied for jobs 30 times but he didn’t get any job.
When KFC opened in china, 24 people went for the job. 23 people got job, except him.
When he applied for a job in the police force, he was the only one that got rejected out of 5 applicants. He was told, “No, you’re no good.”
He allegedly started two business ventures, that ultimately failed. But that didn’t stop him from continuing to try.
He started Alibaba in 1999 with a group of friends, but failed to find major funding in Silicon Valley. They said that he was running an unprofitable business model.
For the first three years, he made zero revenue.
Many times when he was trying to pay up, the restaurant owner would say, ‘your bill was paid.’ and there would be a note saying, ‘Mr. Jack ma, I’m your customer on the Alibaba platform. I made a lot of money, and I know you don’t, so I paid the bill.'
In September 2014, Alibaba went public at $92.70 per share, making it the biggest US IPO in history. It currently has a market cap of roughly $190 billion.
His story tells us no matter how many times you fail but if you will keep trying you will get success eventually.
Just ‘NEVER GIVE UP’.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1348517845198386&substory_index=0&id=126587470724769&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6327892699199629792%3Amf_story_key.-6327390080401524847&__tn__=%2As

Re: Inspiring story of Alibaba Founder Jack Ma by oteneaaron(m): 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2016
Wow! OP ...you won't believe this, but you just Inspired me the more!

thank you !

cool

1 Like

Re: Inspiring story of Alibaba Founder Jack Ma by Daniel058(m): 8:19am On Sep 17, 2016
oteneaaron:
Wow! OP ...you won't believe this, but you just Inspired me the more!

thank you !

cool
am happy you are inspired ✋

(1) (Reply)

Lol...see What This Guy Is Doing So His Ex Will Never Find Peace / Angelina Jolie To Divorce Brad Pitt / Dj Cuppy Shows Her Dancing Skills On A Yatch In Spain(pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.