Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? (1555 Views)

Help!!! Why Do We Urinate Often During Rainy Season / Sickle Cell Disease - 6 Crisis In 5weeks. Please Help Why?? / How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by figbomor(m): 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
Dear Doctors in the house,

Am a 38 years old male. I have been having this issue for a while now, I always feel sleepy while at work which, especially in the morning which last till afternoon or even evening; my eye balls would then be red. I would take coffee, take a little walk, splash water on my face etc but all to no avail. I normally sleep from around 10 pm to 5:30am daily. I have even complained to a doctor few months ago, he told me it could be due to stress, or intake of heavy food in the morning which I told him that my work is not a strenuous one and I don't involve in any stressful thing either physical or mental. I always take tea and little loaf of bread in the morning, sometimes palp and bean cake or corn flakes. even when I have not taken breakfast, I do feel sleepy too.

Though am asthmatic, I don't know if it has anything to do with this.

Dear people of God, kindly look into my matter and advice accordingly.
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by sam6055(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
What you are experiencing is microsleep which is brief moments of sleep, even after you are awake. Well you can't control microsleep, meaning you are putting yourself and other road users at at risk when you drive.

I think you should take your doctors advice and slow down on the intake of coffee or tea........

Also

Create a time schedule, which says you will go to bed at exactly this time, and also going to bed when you are tired will help...

Now how do you feel when you wake up in the morning..

Do you feel stressed, pains or aches on your body.. or you feel strong, wide eyed and ready for the day?
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by missKiffy(f): 1:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
I think you should just take some days off work and rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by equity2genesis(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by equity2genesis(m): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by figbomor(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
sam6055:
What you are experiencing is microsleep which is brief moments of sleep, even after you are awake. Well you can't control microsleep, meaning you are putting yourself and other road users at at risk when you drive.

I think you should take your doctors advice and slow down on the intake of coffee or tea........

Also

Create a time schedule, which says you will go to bed at exactly this time, and also going to bed when you are tired will help...

Now how do you feel when you wake up in the morning..

Do you feel stressed, pains or aches on your body.. or you feel strong, wide eyed and ready for the day?

Thank you.

I started taking coffee due to this and the tea is just a tea bag of lipton, honey and milk (even I started this not quite long ago)

I don't feel any pains or aches when I wake up; though a little bit weak sometimes even when I feel strong I will still be feeling sleepy later at work.
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by figbomor(m): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
missKiffy:
I think you should just take some days off work and rest

Ma'am, i have done that; i observed my annual leave of 20 working days two months ago, Believe me, i rested very well.
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by missKiffy(f): 2:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
figbomor:

Ma'am, i have done that; i observed my annual leave of 20 working days two months ago, Believe me, i rested very well.
I guess you've gone to the hospital, what's your doctor saying then
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by figbomor(m): 3:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
missKiffy:

I guess you've gone to the hospital, what's your doctor saying then

That i should avoid stressing myself (which i dont - mentally or physically) and to stop heavy food in the morning (i dont eat heavy food for breakfast too) she said i would be okay, But till now, its still the same. thats why i need a better advice from much more experienced people.
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by sammysunny88: 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
figbomor:

Am a 38 years old male. I have been having this issue for a while now, I always feel sleepy while at work which, especially in the morning which last till afternoon or even evening; my eye balls would then be red. I would take coffee, take a little walk, splash water on my face etc but all to no avail. I normally sleep from around 10 pm to 5:30am daily. I have even complained to a doctor few months ago, he told me it could be due to stress, or intake of heavy food in the morning which I told him that my work is not a strenuous one and I don't involve in any stressful thing either physical or mental. I always take tea and little loaf of bread in the morning, sometimes palp and bean cake or corn flakes. even when I have not taken breakfast, I do feel sleepy too.

Have you ever go for test since this started? Because there are some causes of excessive sleepness in daytime;
1. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA); is one of the common excessive sleepness in the daytime and people with this (OSA), struggle to breathe during the night and wake up many times per hour as a result. These wake ups continually interrupt the natural cycles of sleep, with all its lighter and deeper stages. As a result, the person doesn't have sufficient and healthy sleep and then start feeling sleepy the next day. Many people with OSA don't realize they have it, because they wake up so briefly they believe they have slept continuously through the night (in fact they may have woken up a hundred times or more). If you are excessively sleepy during the day and especially if you snore, have high blood pressure, or are overweight (factors associated with OSA), it's a good idea to have your doctor investigate the possibility of this sleep disorder.
2. Insomnia is another common cause of excessive sleepiness, in which a person has difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep for the 7-9 hours the body requires. Then the following day, the person will start feeling sleepy even while walking, talking, eating especially people that work in office who sit in one place will feel sleepy more.
3. Another less common sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness is narcolepsy. A person with narcolepsy unwillingly and briefly falls asleep during the day—while walking, talking, eating a meal, or even driving. In addition to feeling sleepy during the day, people with narcolepsy often have disturbed sleep at night, which compounds the problem of daytime sleepiness. Most cases of narcolepsy are caused by the dysfunction of a certain area in the brain that promotes wakefulness.

ABOUT THE ASTHMA; it can be comletely and permanently cure if u want to treat it. Am aware that many believed that there is cure for asthma but there is cure for asthma because I have treated and cure asthmatic patients. There is natural pure herbal that can address all your issues from the excessive sleepness. In the daytime and the asthma. This herbal product are very effective and they are curative. Quote me and drop your contact for easy communication and I will get back to you with details of this herbal and it efficacy.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by ronadeola(m): 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
figbomor:

Don't think u shud have to worry about that. Every other person can feel sleepy depending on his or her state of mind. Getting bored,unhappy, lonely and worried might increase one's chance of sleepiness. Always make sure u do hang out with good folks who would make your feel Alive or better still, engage yourself with activities that build you up with sound mind. As for me, surfing the internet, playing games; going on outings are some of the things I do to get my inner self conscious.
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by figbomor(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
sammysunny88:
Have you ever go for test since this started? Because there are some causes of excessive sleepness in daytime;
1. Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA); is one of the common excessive sleepness in the daytime and people with this (OSA), struggle to breathe during the night and wake up many times per hour as a result. These wake ups continually interrupt the natural cycles of sleep, with all its lighter and deeper stages. As a result, the person doesn't have sufficient and healthy sleep and then start feeling sleepy the next day. Many people with OSA don't realize they have it, because they wake up so briefly they believe they have slept continuously through the night (in fact they may have woken up a hundred times or more). If you are excessively sleepy during the day and especially if you snore, have high blood pressure, or are overweight (factors associated with OSA), it's a good idea to have your doctor investigate the possibility of this sleep disorder.
2. Insomnia is another common cause of excessive sleepiness, in which a person has difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep for the 7-9 hours the body requires. Then the following day, the person will start feeling sleepy even while walking, talking, eating especially people that work in office who sit in one place will feel sleepy more.
3. Another less common sleep disorder that causes excessive sleepiness is narcolepsy. A person with narcolepsy unwillingly and briefly falls asleep during the day—while walking, talking, eating a meal, or even driving. In addition to feeling sleepy during the day, people with narcolepsy often have disturbed sleep at night, which compounds the problem of daytime sleepiness. Most cases of narcolepsy are caused by the dysfunction of a certain area in the brain that promotes wakefulness.

ABOUT THE ASTHMA; it can be comletely and permanently cure if u want to treat it. Am aware that many believed that there is cure for asthma but there is cure for asthma because I have treated and cure asthmatic patients. There is natural pure herbal that can address all your issues from the excessive sleepness. In the daytime and the asthma. This herbal product are very effective and they are curative. Quote me and drop your contact for easy communication and I will get back to you with details of this herbal and it efficacy.

Thank you sir.

f.igbomor@gmail.com
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by equity2genesis(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by sam6055(m): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
figbomor:

Thank you.

I started taking coffee due to this and the tea is just a tea bag of lipton, honey and milk (even I started this not quite long ago)

I don't feel any pains or aches when I wake up; though a little bit weak sometimes even when I feel strong I will still be feeling sleepy later at work.

I will says you sleep at a rough pace... that is you sleep without a schedule... and I am sure that you don't feel sleepy at work everyday..

So what I want you do to do is sleep at a schedule and always stay on that schedule like I always sleep at 11:00 pm after bathing at 10:15pm everyday keeping consistent to this schedule makes me wake up strong even though I wake up at 5pm (that is 6 hours of sleep)

Also

Get comfortable.....

Create a room that's ideal for sleeping. Often, this means cool, dark (turning of the lights really helps, but if you are afraid of the dark, you can use those dim coloured lights, which consist of either red or green colours) and quiet.

Learn how to control stress (through meditation and exercise) which maybe a factor causing microsleep...

Also follow the doctor's orders..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by figbomor(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
sam6055:

I will says you sleep at a rough pace... that is you sleep without a schedule... and I am sure that you don't feel sleepy at work everyday..

So what I want you do to do is sleep at a schedule and always stay on that schedule like I always sleep at 11:00 pm after bathing at 10:15pm everyday keeping consistent to this schedule makes me wake up strong even though I wake up at 5pm (that is 6 hours of sleep)

Also

Get comfortable.....

Create a room that's ideal for sleeping. Often, this means cool, dark (turning of the lights really helps, but if you are afraid of the dark, you can use those dim coloured lights, which consist of either red or green colours) and quiet.

Learn how to control stress (through meditation and exercise) which maybe a factor causing microsleep...

Also follow the doctor's orders..

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Okay.... i will try the sleeping schedule starting from today.

thank you for your effort.
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by opunarms: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
@figbomor You have hormone imbalance, your testosterone level may be low. feeling sleepy during the day or at work is your body's way to make more testosterone for u. Over 90% of our testosterone (men only) is made by our testes why we are sleeping, That is why we have early morning erections It is also called morning glory. Its a sign that we are real men. Men who do not have morning glories are walking ladies, let them just go and grow boobs. The first thing you should do is not to allow doctors or anyone to swindle you off ur money. Go urself to a good medical lab of ur choice and do some blood work. Do the following tests 1. TESTOSTERONE 2 ESTROGEN 3 DHT 4 PROGESTERONE. Each blood work will cost u approximately from 5 to 7k each. Your result should be out in about 4 days. Go through your result you will see the potion marked reference range. Testosterone reference range for men should be between 3,5 to 35.0ng/ml while ur estrogen level should be abt 4 to 94pg/ml. If as a man u hv lower level of testosterone your body system will complain by making you to feel sleepy during the day time. ur body is begging to to go to sleep so that it will produce more hormone for the next task. Have u ever wondered why we fall asleep after having sex? could it be that our body wants to replace what we just ejaculated? Its true when they say u cant cheat nature. On the other hand if ur Estrogen level is higher than normal start shouting and crash it as fast as u can. The result of ur test will tell u the next thing to do but be sure that hormonal imbalance is treatable so dnt panic if u have it. Here are a few things to avoid while u wait for ur test 1. Do not smoke two hours before u sleep at night. Although I smoke myself (shame on me) but cigarettes contains too many toxins including nicotine which is not toxic but gives our brains some ginger. nicotines disturbs the production of melatonins, melatonins are produced in the dark to make us fall asleep that is why we switch off our lights b4 we sleep. What tobacco says to our melatonins is something like "what do u mean u wnt to go to work now, are u nuts? dont go to work yet joo. 2. Do not take any tea at night even Lipton. every tea made of leaves contains caffeine which u already know whacks sleeps. If u must drink tea at night drink only chamomile tea (I think its made in London by twinings) reason why I take chamomile tea myself is because it is made of flowers not leaves to sooth and calm u into happiness. I am not promoting any product but it will help u sleep more deeply and 8 hours of deep sleeping everyday equals to optimal level of testosterone, more testosterone means happier wives (winks) 3.Do u take ginseng? Ginsengs (weather panax or koreans) is great for memory and all but it does to our melatonins what tobacco does to it if u must take ginseng or kolanuts take it 4 hours before u sleep. 4. Eliminate coca-cola drinks. 5. Stop worrying. 6 Masturbation is healthy but excessive masturbation will deplete our zinc storage and zinc is one of the vitamins that nourishes our prostrates and also helps builds up our testosterone levels so its ok to periodically jerk off like myself but if u are jerking off everyday then u must supplement with 200mg of zinc everyday to replenish. When ur result comes out do post it here and if its hormonal imbalance I will tell you the natural way to eliminate ur day sleepiness and rev it up with some vitamins, nuts, roots and seeds on ur own without any doctors epp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by equity2genesis(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2016
opunarms:
@figbomor You have hormone imbalance, your testosterone level may be low. feeling sleepy during the day or at work is your body's way to make more testosterone for u. Over 90% of our testosterone (men only) is made by our testes why we are sleeping, That is why we have early morning erections It is also called morning glory. Its a sign that we are real men. Men who do not have morning glories are walking ladies, let them just go and grow boobs. The first thing you should do is not to allow doctors or anyone to swindle you off ur money. Go urself to a good medical lab of ur choice and do some blood work. Do the following tests 1. TESTOSTERONE 2 ESTROGEN 3 DHT 4 PROGESTERONE. Each blood work will cost u approximately from 5 to 7k each. Your result should be out in about 4 days. Go through your result you will see the potion marked reference range. Testosterone reference range for men should be between 3,5 to 35.0ng/ml while ur estrogen level should be abt 4 to 94pg/ml. If as a man u hv lower level of testosterone your body system will complain by making you to feel sleepy during the day time. ur body is begging to to go to sleep so that it will produce more hormone for the next task. Have u ever wondered why we fall asleep after having sex? could it be that our body wants to replace what we just ejaculated? Its true when they say u cant cheat nature. On the other hand if ur Estrogen level is higher than normal start shouting and crash it as fast as u can. The result of ur test will tell u the next thing to do but be sure that hormonal imbalance is treatable so dnt panic if u have it. Here are a few things to avoid while u wait for ur test 1. Do not smoke two hours before u sleep at night. Although I smoke myself (shame on me) but cigarettes contains too many toxins including nicotine which is not toxic but gives our brains some ginger. nicotines disturbs the production of melatonins, melatonins are produced in the dark to make us fall asleep that is why we switch off our lights b4 we sleep. What tobacco says to our melatonins is something like "what do u mean u wnt to go to work now, are u nuts? dont go to work yet joo. 2. Do not take any tea at night even Lipton. every tea made of leaves contains caffeine which u already know whacks sleeps. If u must drink tea at night drink only chamomile tea (I think its made in London by twinings) reason why I take chamomile tea myself is because it is made of flowers not leaves to sooth and calm u into happiness. I am not promoting any product but it will help u sleep more deeply and 8 hours of deep sleeping everyday equals to optimal level of testosterone, more testosterone means happier wives (winks) 3.Do u take ginseng? Ginsengs (weather panax or koreans) is great for memory and all but it does to our melatonins what tobacco does to it if u must take ginseng or kolanuts take it 4 hours before u sleep. 4. Eliminate coca-cola drinks. 5. Stop worrying. 6 Masturbation is healthy but excessive masturbation will deplete our zinc storage and zinc is one of the vitamins that nourishes our prostrates and also helps builds up our testosterone levels so its ok to periodically jerk off like myself but if u are jerking off everyday then u must supplement with 200mg of zinc everyday to replenish. When ur result comes out do post it here and if its hormonal imbalance I will tell you the natural way to eliminate ur day sleepiness and rev it up with some vitamins, nuts, roots and seeds on ur own without any doctors epp.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by opunarms: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2016
yes please go ahead and ask any question. I will try as much as I can to answer them. I had similar problem myself and those were the steps I took to get them resolved. Asking questions and getting answers might be of some help to others but my email is opunarms@yahoo.com in case you insist on private chat. cheers!
Re: Help!!! - Why Do I Always Feel Sleepy? by nero1818(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
sammysunny88:

(1) (Reply)

KIDNEY- Once Damaged / Resident Doctors Strike: Cost Of Arbitrariness / Man Undergoes Surgery To Reduce His Huge Testicles And One Meter Pennis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.