Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Experiences In The North. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experiences In The North. (558 Views)

Tired Little Boy Hawking Fruits Around 10pm In The North (Photo) / Suicide: Woman Hanging On A Tree In The North (Photos) / Jealous Woman Pours Hot Water On Another Lady In The North (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experiences In The North. by junnyjake(m): 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
I'm not a Hausa guy but a northerner, I decided to relocate back home 9 years back, I've traveled to different part of the North, been to Kano, Kaduna, Nassarrawa, Jos, Benue, Kogi, that I'm alive to Share my experiences Here is nothing but a miracle.

We have had a fair share of religious crisis where I stay, we maintain our individual territories, you risk being lynched once caught evading a foreign territory.

I've witnessed people getting killed in my area because of that, and same otherwise.

I was once arrested by men of the Dss in a church because my face was unfamiliar so I was a suspect, I was accompanied home to verify that I was a Christian, though I'm not a Catholic, I had to get a rosary for proper identification whenever I'm entering a Christian dominated territory. And a kaftan whenever I going to a Muslim area which I rarely do.

That's all in the past now, as we cohabit peacefully presently.

The first time I experienced anything crisis was when I went to the market with a friend one evening, 8 years back, we were shopping when suddenly we saw people running shouting, 'an Fara' I don't know if it was a product of my imaginations influenced by the chaos but I remember seeing a guy in kaftan close to me pulling out a knife from underneath and in a matter of seconds I was speeding away on my heels, leaving my friend behind, I had acquired a safe distance before it registered in my memory that I was with someone, I then turned around to see my friend jogging behind me, really? He never saw what I saw then.

I had a blackberry curve 4 the affection I had for that phone was something else, so when the charging port was damaged, I was do heartbroken, I had to go fix it in town. It wasn't fixed that day so I had to go back to school with it caz I don't trust anyone with my phone, I was told to come back the next day but I wasn't able to because I was low on cash, was training the next day on the pitch when guy in my faculty brought news of how he was just 5 minutes away from the bombed scene. The same day I was supposed to be at the same place.

That phone meant nothing but trouble for me, I never realized that until when I went back to that same place 2months later, this time I was only 2 hours away from the scene of the blast, I was like 'Baba oshe o.'

Someone once told me how I should have used my running skills represent Nigeria in the just concluded Olympics, I would have done well. All I needed to do was picture myself in a crisis situation and act within the orbit, and make it as if I'm running for my life. My response to that was 'you de craze' cheesy

These are just few of what've seen, and it's not as bad as people out there see it.

Though I've lost friends, business, money but not life and I always have God to thank for that.

Whenever I see someone without a hand or leg, I don't ask any questions, caz I know exactly what happened and wouldn't want to rub his misfortune over him.

If you've lived, served in the north or have been living and still live there, hop in here and share your experiences.

1 Like

Re: My Experiences In The North. by farouk0403(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
some part of not are peaceful as UAE
Re: My Experiences In The North. by junnyjake(m): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
farouk0403:
some part of not are peaceful as UAE

I'm not saying all parts of the North are in crisis. No, I said in a paragraph 'it's not as bad as they've heard.
Re: My Experiences In The North. by farouk0403(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
junnyjake:

I'm not saying all parts of the North are in crisis. No, I said in a paragraph 'it's not as bad as they've heard.

OK

(1) (Reply)

America And Corporate Frauds / Omg! Most Wanted Female Thieves Arrested In Akwa Ibom State / See EFCC Official Public Notice Declaring Ex Katsina Governor Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.