Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED (4566 Views)

I Have Five Hundred Thousand Naira, 500,000, Please Advise Me On Business To Do / I Have 1,000,000 Naira / I Have 1 Million Naira, I Want To Set Up An ISP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Toks2008(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
you can consider special Dogs breeding and sales business. money spinner, anyway any time.

Has a turn over of over 5million every two years.

i know this may sound odd. But my older brother is in the business and just made over 500k selling just few puppies of rott breed.

Abeg i no fit shout. If you are interested, just let me know.

Toks
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by kayjegs: 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2009
You can start the Transport business with that and you will make between N200,000 and N250,000 per month. Servicing business is the best in Nigeria and Transport is one of it which many people do not consider. I have been sending info to people concerning it and they like the idea. You can mail me for more info at kayjegs@yahoo.com.
In any case, just make sure you choose a servicing business. Take care and good luck.

regards,
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by entinvest: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
as high as 9.3m, its not an online biz of money making scheme
kindly send an email to me @
iminvest08@yahoo.com
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Tayogeorge(m): 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
HI,
1.7m is a big money, even across the border. in fact with wish decission, one can turn millionaire in as little as Six Months. There are Many Business you can lay your hands on though, but what about "Love for job"

As a professional, i must let you know the following;

Before you begin brainstorming possible markets to target, you need to seriously consider the following,
• What are you interested in?
• What are you passionate about?
• What subject or topic do you have a lot of knowledge about?
• What are people always coming to you for advice about?
NOTE: Acquire education is just for thinking in order to innovate. So don't allow your HND certificate to slow things for you.

Whether it's expertise you picked up on the job, skills you developed through a hobby, or interest in a subject you've long wanted to explore further, just about every single skill or interest you have is something that can become the foundation for a successful business.

You can start with this!

You simply need to stop and think about your life experiences. Create a list of all the jobs you've ever had, all the hobbies you've ever pursued, all the volunteer work you've ever done, all the times you've helped someone and felt really good about it, and all the things you're interested in or think you're good at.

If you feel like you're on the spot and forgetting something, don't just give up! Keep a note pad handy and jot down things as they occur to you -- and remember you can always add more later. Sometimes the best ideas show up in the weirdest places, so be ready when inspiration strikes! Detailed Information-

More free lecture here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-339822.0.html
Or
http://www.onlinemarketingtraining.mgtimpact.com/Free-Lecture-To-Start-online-Business.php

Seeing you at the Top,
George

Note: if you want free Business plan, try here www.onlinemarketingtraining.mgtimpact.com
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by ponyonm: 5:10pm On Oct 19, 2009
I
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by jamace(m): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2009
@ lakeside: forget about people who come to you in the name of God and start quoting scriptures. They are fake. My dad retired from first bank as a big shot. He had worked in the banking sector for 36yrs with central bank,barclays bank in the uk and first bank in nigeria. When he retired,he wanted to go into biz and a lot of people came around with the pastor thing and duped him seriously. The money they duped him of on the roofing of our house alone can build four flats. Run away from pastor this,brother that. Am a child of God too but when people come with that approach,i don't give them listening ears. I could help you get involved with the entertainment and events planning biz,show you how to go about it and give you useful contacts. If you're interested,you can call me on 08099342008. Cheers! Whatever you do,Pls be wise because capital is very hard to come by in biz.

A very good advice there. Please heed it.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by odejayi200(m): 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
hi,
i am into oil and gas(down stream) i work as an independent marketer in NNPC Depot,Suleja. you can call me if u r interested in investing in oil and gas cos the money u have can still do some thing and u still get a good reaturns.i will take u from A-Z of oil and gas. call lanre:08055051674
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by fuke(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ thread poster.

Take Tayogeorge advice and choose a field you have passon for.
I only need to add that you[b] MUST[/b] learn from a successful person
in the field to know the bumps. N1.7M is a lot of money even in Nigeria
but if not managed prudently, it can burn off within a twinkle.

I wish you well.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by fuke(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ thread poster.

I wish you well.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by fuke(m): 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ thread poster.

I wish you well.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by fuke(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2009
@ thread poster.

I wish you well.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by shola75: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2009
To be sincere with you, 1.7million is even too much to start car sale business. I say this provided you partner with somebody that have existing dealer license in the USA. I started this business primarily to assist my church members in Nigeria who keep disturbing me about assisting them to buy cars. I buy these cars and gave them out to them to sell. They have no kobo in it, and i reward them for their efforts. You can make a fortune investing 1.7million in car sales. You need to be a trustworthy person before you can win the heart of Nigerians in the USA because of 419 guys. I receive fraudulence mails and faxes from these guys regularly. You also need to be careful not to fall into fake, false and fraudulence "dealers". Good luck.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by shola75: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
Hey Odejayi, can you mail me at solayinka96@gmail.com about info on oil and gas investment. I will like to check it out, thanks.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2009
check
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Chiaka(f): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2009
@ponyonm
Thanks alot for sharing your story. I caught something from it.
I love God and I like church and worship and pay some church dues.
But I keep my business to myself.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by temisafety: 10:25am On Oct 30, 2009
Pretend as if you don't yet have the money and go fix it for one year. In the mean time research "durable" opportunities. When you finally choose the one you think is the best, don't assume you know all, write out a standard business plan and launch out. Rmember that's not small money these days, so be careful.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 31, 2009
put ur money in a Fixed Deposti account and cont ur education jor.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Lakeside247(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2009
Thanks for the various contributions. Nigeria is such good country with many oppurtunities but the problem is that one hardly meet truthful individual to do business with. I am still open to suggestions because i do not want to fall victim to 419ers. I am not looking for quick money pls.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2009
if u really want to do it the honest way, i'll advice this, get a trusty person, to ship a car down 4 u, wen it gets here, sell it, u can make roughly 100k on one car, wen u get ur money, ship in anoda, dont touch ur profit, let it grow, b4 u know whats up, u'll build ur own car business,

OR

u can get a space, and help display othe ppl's car, get ur commission wen u get them buyers, if the cars are good, u can make roughly 400k in a month helpin ppl sell their cars.

could hook u up if u have the flair but if u dont, pls dont do it then.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by nukration(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
20% interest rate per annum. what would you want as collateral? 07038717104
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by ViyonA(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2009
I'll advice you to put between a million - million/half.

Went to a bank branch recently and saw their interest on fixed deposits (11% for 30 days). Bank Charges about 3.5% or lower if yu can negotiate well. So that leaves between 7.5% - 9% interest. If you put 1 million thats between 75k-90k monthly till you think of a good biz yu can go into. 112k-135k monthly if you fix 1.5milion.

But dont take my word for it, go to 3/4 banks and really ask questions.

you may think that money is much but it can disappear right b4 your eyes.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Lakeside247(m): 9:14am On Nov 04, 2009
@ viyon, thanks for your suggestion, i have been to various banks and discover that the % stated is per annum and not monthly. Also concerning the car sales, i will surely need an open land for display and also people tend to raise eyebrow thinking someone has arrived because apparently, i will be called a car dealer.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by tiwo: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2009
Hi,
Thats a good capital,though small but can be maximised.
Going by present economic crisis,I would advise that you go into Agriculture,to be more specific FISH FARMING,PIG rearing or POULTRY.
for a detailed business plan contact me on 08033657984 or oyekoya.taiwo@yahoo.com

'EVEN IN ECONOMIC CRISIS THE POOR MUST EAT'
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by laan5226: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2009
My best advice to you is to keep the money in the bank. And invest around 10% of it to help you provide for your younger ones. Find a job and get paid for your services. When the time is right, opportunity will come. But if you push it, you'll get desperate and definately fall into the wrong hands.
"He who wants your money is much much wiser than you". So be patient, Gods time is the best.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Lakeside247(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thanks for your various contributions. I am trying to be very cautious.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
Order a very clean car from the USA ( from a reliable person)

sell it off, make your profit and order again!
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by OAM4J: 5:18am On Nov 08, 2009
@ OP

Please whatever you do, dont do fish farming. I did it for about 3 years before i left naija. The only thing God used to rescue me was the fact that i bought a land to start it. At the end I only gained from the land apreciation. I invested about 1.5M in 2005 bought the land in Okota for about 500k and the rest 1m into the fish biz. 2008 I had nothing. the last set of fish died tru 1 infection and the other. But I was able to sell the land for 2M. now the money is fix in one of the naija bank. dont know what to do with it yet cos am out of the country now. But please DONT DO CATFISH BIZNESS. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE LONG.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by magragold(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2009
My advise to you is that you need to do a business where you will have control over your funds with minimal/manageable risk leveraged against uge profit potential.

If this is your take, then reach me at ephrathahwnltd@yahoo.com
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by wintek(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
If you don't mind diversifying your fund and also being in charge,you could contact me at wintek111@gmail.com for details.
Re: I Have #1.7m To Start A Business. Nl Please Advise Me -DELETED by domack99(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2009
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN GADGET IMPORTATION, ENGINE OIL AND IN AGRO ALLIED BUSINESS DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME ON domack99@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SON Reduces Product Registration Time To 60 Days / Obi Cubana Launches Odogwu Bitters Herbal Drink / Banks Spend N34.2bn On IT, E-business Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.