Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 (1140 Views)

Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / His CGPA Is 1.14 After Two Years, PLEASE ADVICE! / Daniel Nkemelu Graduates With 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 by aristo50: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
Heelo everyone,Can someone here help me out here,cos am confused right..I am in my 500 level dats new session,and my 1st semester credit unit is 22,and second semester 23..my Cgpa is 3.34,how can i achieve a 3.50 Cgpa on graduation?? Pls,help me out de targets interms of minimum grades
Re: How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 by Deenite(m): 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chairman read ur books, capitalize on ur C.A. prepare well for exams, and get minimum of B in project. Then hopefully u will make 2.1. I just pray ur not in futminna, bt if incase u r. Read harder cos dat school sabi suck cgpa for final year.
Re: How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 by tammyboy1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Lol this was me when i was in school,by God's grace i was able to cross over in my 500lvl..just work hard and apply the God factor..peace

1 Like

Re: How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 by Toluwani113: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2016
If you want to improve your grades, first focus on learning. While learning and grades are not equivalent, those who stress over grades sometimes get worse grades because they do the wrong things trying to get there.

Some of this is already known to you, but I like to always state the obvious just in case.

Listen in class.

Listen intently. Listen actively. Try to rephrase what was just said in a way that makes sense to you. Ask questions.

Do all assignments.

Every single one. Every single problem. No exceptions.

Apply what you've learned.

Constantly try to apply what you've just learned to situations in your life. You'll be amazed how much more you can remember this way. This also deepens your understanding and helps you answer higher level questions about that topic.

Figure out what you know, and what you don't know. Once you realize what you don't know... figure it out.

One difficulty for some is figuring out what they don't know. Can you take a definition and rephrase it in your own words? If not, you don't understand it. Can you name several examples and counterexamples? If not, you don't understand it.

Once you realize what you don't know, be relentless until you figure it out. Check your notes, Wikipedia, and hound your teacher until you understand it. If your teacher doesn't explain things well, find one that does.

Study for all major assessments.

Make flash cards. Write hypothetical test questions and answer them. Make up songs or sayings to help memorize complicated things. Go through your notes and make "notes notes." (Take notes commenting on what you've learned.) If you can't answer questions on your own without looking things up, you're not ready.

Learn your teacher.

Teachers all have a style. Learn their style. Learn the questions they like to ask, and the answers that they expect. This is similar to learning to please a boss. You learn what the boss wants, and you give it to them.

Relax. (Especially before tests.)

You do want to study for exams and quizzes, but too much studying and worrying can be counterproductive. You want to make sure and get sleep and not be stressed on the day of major exams. Have a routine that gives you good feelings on the day of a major test. Eat food you like. Listen to a certain song. Be confident

I'm sure there is more, but if you do these things I would be very surprised if your grades didn't improve if you take even half of these recommendations to heart.

Meanwhile , kindly check the latest admission news and life changing tips @ www.dailyschoolgist..com

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Improve His Cgpa From 3.34 To 3.50 by farrukhnawaz: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thats a realy fact you must create unique content for your assignment. Constantly make an effort to use everything you've just learned to circumstances in your life. You will end up surprised simply how much additional you are able to keep this in mind way. In addition, it deepens your understanding and helps you respond to higher level questions relating to that subject. Determine what you are aware, and what you do not know. After you understand that which you don't know... find it.

One trouble for most is figuring out the things they're doingn't understand. Could you get a description and rephrase it in the own keywords? Or even, you don't comprehend it. Are you able to mention a few examples and counterexamples? If not, you never comprehend it.

After you recognize what you have no idea, be relentless until you figure it. Check your notes, Wikipedia, and hound your instructor until it is understood by you. Should your instructor does not clarify factors well, find one that does.
You can use paraphrasing tool to make your conent unique

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Commences Registration [see FULL GUIDELINES] / 2017/2018 UNILLORIN UTME Aspirants Thread / 2017/2018 Federal University Lokoja Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.