Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP (2655 Views)

We’ll Push Dollar To N305—CBN Boasts / CBN Suspends Dollar To Naira Trades Till Monday / Ifeanyi Ubah: 'I Can Bring The US-Dollar To N200 In One Month' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Salihumainasara(m): 4:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
Please I want make an order online with my Nigeria FCMB ATM card and am to pay in USD, please I need advice of the transaction be done base on d official exchange rate or the bank will convert base on black market. Thanks in advance as I await ur candid response
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by ClitRaider: 4:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
450/$ if you're lucky.
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Salihumainasara(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
ClitRaider:
450/$ if you're lucky.
tnx... Naija no go kill us
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
Link your card to paypal

Don't mind the badbelle above , the exchange rate is not up to 400 let alone 450

It's in the range of 340 or a little more and that's the international rate , parralel market rate so to speak lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by agarawu23(m): 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Fcmb will show u pepper cos they will charge higher than black market.

I will advice u to use stanbic or gtb for online transactions.
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by agarawu23(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
GMBuhari:
Link your card to paypal

Don't mind the badbelle above , the exchange rate is not up to 400 let alone 450

It's in the range of 340 or a little more and that's the international rate , parralel market rate so to speak lipsrsealed
[/s]you dont know anything about the transaction. The guy is right, fcmb charges more than black market rate. Which bank will sell dollar for u @ 340/$

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2016
So if i don't agree with you , it means i don't know anything ?? Common sense is good sometimes, i just received the delivery of goods i purchased 10 days ago and i still made order today at 348 to 1 $ , Paypal's updated services allows user to choose if they want to be billed in direct Naira or USD rates , Naira rate is less than $ value , Doesn't matter if it's PHP, Skye or Diamond

That said ,

Respect yourself and don't ever quote me to insult me

agarawu23:
[s][/s]you dont know anything about the transaction. The guy is right, fcmb charges more than black market rate. Which bank will sell dollar for u @ 340/$
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by vizboy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
GMBuhari:
So if i don't agree with you , it means i don't know anything ?? Common sense is good sometimes, i just received the delivery of goods i purchased 10 days ago and i still made order today at 348 to 1 $ , Paypal's updated services allows user to choose if they want to be billed in direct Naira or USD rates , Naira rate is less than $ value , Doesn't matter if it's PHP, Skye or Diamond

That said ,

Bros through which means did you pay 340.

Cause most banks ATM card charge upto 425 per $ transaction. So tell me where you get you own card from.
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by agarawu23(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
GMBuhari:

That said ,

[s] Respect yourself and don't ever quote me to insult me [/s]

are u using magic card? Tell us more .
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by vizboy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
agarawu23:

It seems that guy is among those that get forex at cheap rate from the CBN.

Or maybe he doesn't live in Nigeria
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by agarawu23(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
vizboy:

It seems that guy is among those that get forex at cheap rate from the CBN.

Or maybe he doesn't live in Nigeria
I think so.
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
I want to believe you people are not blind

I said I USE PAYPAL , YOUR NIGERIAN BANK DOES NOT DICTATE FOR PAYPAL

vizboy:

Bros through which means did you pay 340.

Cause most banks ATM card charge upto 425 per $ transaction. So tell me where you get you own card from.

agarawu23:
If you want to beg for advise or info , Be respectful and pay attention
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Bookiemart01(f): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
Which bank card did you use nah.

GMBuhari:

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by agarawu23(m): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
GMBuhari:

Bookiemart01:
Which bank card did you use nah.
let's ask him o.

At least he will use a particular bank to fund his PayPal abi PayPal now functions on its own without a card
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
[size=18pt][b]All the mentions i have received so far indicates how clueless these so called Importers really are

I have just explained in clear terms that the bank's card you use does not matter as long as it is linked to paypal

Every Nigerian bank inflates the conversion rate , to make profit , That is very clear to anyone who does transactions with different banks

And i am not talking aout the rates like 490 , 450 ,489 that some ridiculous , shameless, copy and paste Anti Buhari robots always paste online

Paypal will charge you equivalent of international rate + transaction charges

As of this morning , rate from CBN's website is 305 , which means that's the general and official exchange rate , save for a sharp increase or reduction in rates which is automatically updated is 305

Parallel market ( international ) lists rate as 315

I am not talking about black market here or aboki rates which is what most of you wicked souls scream about day and night

Every bank under CBN will add their own profit if you pay with card directly which is why the exchange rate will be a whole lot higher than the official rate

I am intentionally not going to mention my bank's name , So , do some research , Link your card to paypal and call me a liar with proof

If you don't have or use paypal , stay the fuucckkkk off my bleeping mentions

[/b][/size]

dabullit , Htwoow
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by vizboy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
GMBuhari:

Sorry to say this. Even with your card linked to PayPal you can't pay for anything at that rate.

No bank will let you do that. The least you can get is 390/$
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 11:13am On Sep 10, 2016
FURCCCKKK OFFFFFFFFF

I hate speculations , pay for $10 worth of goods on banggood with your paypal , then tell me how much you were charged

If you haven't , please shutttt the fuccckkkkkkkk up and stop quoting me , my comment is based on a very recent experience, not speculation

vizboy:

Sorry to say this. Even with your card linked to PayPal you can't pay for anything at that rate.

No bank will let you do that. The least you can get is 390/$
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by marksburg: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
but I do payments online every other day and Av Neva gotten such ridiculous rates D guys above r quoting. I don't even use PayPal and d highest rate Av done should be within 230$
so Whr r u guys getting urs from and decide to make it seem u guys r gurus whereas u need enlightenment. op bliv Doz fools at ur own peril
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Bookiemart01(f): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2016
You need to calm down and cut the insults
I have about 5 bank cards and the list I was charged in the past week was #378$ and I was charged as high as #441/$ by another bank.

It will also interest you to know that 4 out of my banks declined my transaction using paypal conversion rates until I changed it to $. I still insist YOUR CLAIM THAT "the bank's card you use does not matter as long as it is linked to paypal " is very far from the truth

GMBuhari:
[size=18pt][b]All the mentions i have received so far indicates how clueless these so called Importers really are

I have just explained in clear terms that the bank's card you use does not matter as long as it is linked to paypal

Every Nigerian bank inflates the conversion rate , to make profit , That is very clear to anyone who does transactions with different banks

And i am not talking aout the rates like 490 , 450 ,489 that some ridiculous , shameless, copy and paste Anti Buhari robots always paste online

As of this morning , rate from CBN's website is 305 , which means that's the general and official exchange rate , save for a sharp increase or reduction in rates which is automatically updated is 305

I am not talking about black market here or aboki rates which is what most of you wicked souls scream about day and night

Every bank under CBN will add their own profit if you pay with card directly which is why the exchange rate will be a whole lot higher than the official rate

I am intentionally not going to mention my bank's name , So , do some research , Link your card to paypal and call me a liar with proof

[/b][/size]

dabullit , Htwoow

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Bookiemart01(f): 11:30am On Sep 11, 2016
#230/$ or your transaction has never exceeded $230...shed more light please

marksburg:
but I do payments online every other day and Av Neva gotten such ridiculous rates D guys above r quoting. I don't even use PayPal and d highest rate Av done should be within 230$
so Whr r u guys getting urs from and decide to make it seem u guys r gurus whereas u need enlightenment. op bliv Doz fools at ur own peril

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by mployer(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2016
marksburg:

Wake up to reality bro and stop embarrassing yourself. Your post shows you have not bought even a pin online recently.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by mployer(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2016
GMBuhari:

[/b][/size]

dabullit , Htwoow

Lol

You better stop embarrassing yourself. You probably have a PayPal account or know someone that has, but you have never made a payment with PayPal.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2016
shocked 378 ,441.

Like you said, you used your bank's card because your payment was declined by PayPal, IT happens a lot, especially on weekends, I'm not refuting your claim and I am not calling you a liar, this is what riles me up, the fact that you just called me a liar saying my comment is far from the truth what do I have to gain if lie on behalf of PayPal?

Whenever your PayPal payment goes through, tell how much you were charged

You would agree with me that cbn rate is different from Individual bank rate

you would agree with me that PayPal auto conversion from your account is less than banks conversion rate

Finally I think you agree with me that you made your transaction with direct debit from your card / issuer which made the rate higher,

If you agree with at least two of the above circumstances then I am right and there's no need to insult me for arguing PayPal rage can never be 450 to a dollar

Bookiemart01:
I have about 5 bank cards and the list I was charged in the past week was #378$ and I was charged as high as #441/$ by another bank.

It will also interest you to know that 4 out of my banks declined my transaction using paypal conversion rates until I changed it to $. I still insist YOUR CLAIM THAT "the bank's card you use does not matter as long as it is linked to paypal " is very far from the truth

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by FEGEITOK: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
GMBuhari:
shocked 378 ,441.

Like you said, you used your bank's card because your payment was declined by PayPal, IT happens a lot, especially on weekends, I'm not refuting your claim and I am not calling you a liar, this is what riles me up, the fact that you just called me a liar saying my comment is far from the truth what do I have to gain if lie on behalf of PayPal?

Whenever your PayPal payment goes through, tell how much you were charged

You would agree with me that cbn rate is different from Individual bank rate

you would agree with me that PayPal auto conversion from your account is less than banks conversion rate

Finally I think you agree with me that you made your transaction with direct debit from your card / issuer which made the rate higher,

If you agree with at least two of the above circumstances then I am right and there's no need to insult me for arguing PayPal rage can never be 450 to a dollar

What's the meaning of this error?

We're sorry, but your transaction couldn't be completed using the selected card, MasterCard x-0000. This happened because it has been denied by the card issuer.
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
FEGEITOK:

What's the meaning of this error?

We're sorry, but your transaction couldn't be completed using the selected card, MasterCard x-0000. This happened because it has been denied by the card issuer.

I'm not an expert on error codes or error messages, I'm but a humble shopper but I can help you with another scenario

Your took a GTB card to Skye ATM machine, you attempt to make a withdrawal and machine tells you issuer or interswitch error

What does that mean?
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
See this one, in your mind PayPal is heaven a golden spoon?

If I wasn't so sane and calm today I'd have pasted 5 receipts from PayPal just to prove my point, but then I'd be bringing myself down to your insane world

Nice try by the way

Best of luck
mployer:

Lol

You better stop embarrassing yourself. You probably have a PayPal account or know someone that has, but you have never made a payment with PayPal.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by marksburg: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
mployer:

Wake up to reality bro and stop embarrassing yourself. Your post shows you have not bought even a pin online recently.

obviously, u're still a ruckie...
would not waste my tym peddling words with u.
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Obynolee(f): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
GMBuhari:
Link your card to paypal

Please which bank charge 340 or a little more /$?,GTB charges me 380/$…
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Obynolee(f): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
GMBuhari:

That said ,

Please what's the bank you use that allows you to pay in naira?
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by GMBuhari: 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Obynolee:

Please what's the bank you use that allows you to pay in naira?

I will not mention any bank's name, I said that earlier, and as I've said it's all a function of PayPal that's why the bank does not matter
Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Obynolee(f): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
GMBuhari:

[/b][/size]

dabullit , Htwoow

Go and sit down you're a big liar,you don't even make payment online, yes PayPal allows you to pay either in dollar or naira but banks doesn't accept naira option of payment, that is when they will sent you a message about DCC.At least I know about GTB and Zenith.

1 Like

Re: Dollar To Naira For An Online Transaction....please Advices Are Needed ASAP by Obynolee(f): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Don't glorify the guy with a quote, he just want to use back door to get information, he makes false claims, you tell him the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help With Stallion Rice Wholesale / IGBO BUSINESS MEN: Sudden Wealth And Their Money Rituals! / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.