Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

The Needle Bender - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Needle Bender (386 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Needle Bender by sweetynessy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
"The Needle Bender"
Last nyt was quite boring for a Friday to me sha oo. Anyway, as my own "personal minister for power", I wore my agbada, switched on my Generator and hailed my self "oshey fashiola noni". No vodka to drink , "Sooo unlike me. I always stock up.....what must have happened....I lay on my bed wondering."
My fone rang...i smiled cos i knew it wasnt Eseoghene or any of my isoko fans....its was that special Celine Dion's "because you loved me" ring tone........My "boo" just remembered me...(am forever in love with her, her husband and her other two kids...)
"Hello mum" I echoed happily..... She sounded too formal for my liking ..."mummy what is it" I asked....."ogemdi nwam ina ekpekwadi nke wu ekpere at all ebe ahu ino?" (My son do you even pray at all over there)....now my mum is the praying type she must av sensed something and am not too good at lying to her wen it comes to my spiritual life..., she has previously warned me about my prayer life especially now dat am in isoko.....
"Ok ma,I will improve" , I promised. She cheered up Nd we started "chyking" ourselves as usual...
I dropped the fone....instantly went on my knees and connected to heaven...I prayed like have never done in a long while......after which I went to bed feeling happy and fulfilled.
My fone rang around 11:30pm.. One of the nurses on night shift...there was an emergency...I managed to bundle my sleepy self outta bed strolled to d hospital.....d handed me his request form....d young dude seem to av been poisoned or maybe must an taken too much there local monkey tail
....the doctor on duty was yet to resume... probably on his way cos he had already noted the tests to be carried out on d poor fellow.....I set up my unit to get to work .....went to the emergency ward and I saw d nurses gathered around d guy as he lay helplessly and unconcious...
The two elderly nurses were speaking isoko dialect and one of them held a bent cannular ...they explained to me DAT d guy I on jazz....say needle no dey enter en body.....d guys mom and sister were already in tears.....the dad was furious ....me I was confused.....my confusion turned to horror when it happened right before my very eyes......another cannular broke just as the nurse tried forcing it into d guys vein....they tried with a syringe.....omo I see it happen in odieshi movies....Dis one happen korokoro for my eyes ooo needle bend ooo....it was more like a needle against a wall of brick.He needed infusion ASAP.....me I needed blood to run his tests.....I told d nurses to gimmie anoda cannula say nothing dey happen....I just wanted to see how d kin cannulla will break least lemme experience it mysef....I located d vein....in inserted the cannulla,....the needle went in peacefully into his veins .... Everyone was shocked including myself.......my hands started shaking.....my heartbeat increased.......mehn fear catch me.......
The whole room went silent....I stayed in my bent position looking at the needle in the young mans veins......and I asked my sef....."what the hell just happened!!!!!"
...To be continued.....
Read the previous episodes on
http://www.gisturb.com/search/label/Epic?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Readers Are Leaders / Four Years After The Demise Of The Late Prof. Chinua Achebe / My Encounter With The Wild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.