Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Declare Your Position, Nairalanders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Declare Your Position, Nairalanders (462 Views)

Naked And Unafraid: Unapologetically Declare Your Opinions / “Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by justlove91(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2016
It often occurs on the religion section where a person is wrongly accursed of being an atheist when there opinion defers from ours leading to abuse and the rest. Sometimes a person feels his/her position is not fully grasped by people, so I feel there is a need for the religion section to have a kind of platform where each person's position is represented INDIVIDUALLY, no matter how sure you're about a person's position PLEASE keep quiet and give them the honor of saying it personally.
It is the aim of this thread to provide a platform where the position of individual Nairalander about there belief or disbelief in God can be verified. It is imperative to note that "God" here doesn't necessary mean Jehovah, Allah etc. but as a name for a higher power/intelligence than human.
The positions would be grouped into five which are as follows:
1. Theist - I strongly believe there is God and holds no possibility that He doesn't exist.
2. Agnostic theist - I believe God exist but holds the possibility that He may not exist.
3. Agnostic(50/50) - God may or may not exist.
4. Agnostic atheist - I believe God doesn't exist but holds the possibility that He may exist.
5. Atheist - I strongly believe that God doesn't exist and holds no possibility that He may exist.
This is not a platform for ridiculing anybody's position and like I said earlier it is just a platform to make clear individual position as at NOW. I said now because individual position can change at any time and thus, necessary adjustment should be made when this happens. I urge all Nairalanders to participate especially those that frequent the religion section. Also, you're free to add a few note to make your position clearer if you feel it is not well represented. Your can always call on people to make there position known and if they don't want that, I urge us to respect there choice and not call them coward and all.
Having said all these, I will start by declaring my own position.
My position is of agnostic theist - I believe in God but not Jehovah or Allah but a higher power/intelligence other than man but holds the possibility that He may not exist.
NOTE: Please don't preach or ridicule on this thread.
Thanks for your participation and corporation.
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by cckris: 7:28am On Sep 10, 2016
Theist
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by justlove91(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2016
cckris:
Theist
Thanks for sharing
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by hopefulLandlord: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2016
Agnostic Atheist

I think you should also add Deist, Pantheist
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by Blaqsmith(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2016
Agostic Atheist.
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 10, 2016
Agnostic Deist
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by DeSepiero(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
On that scale smiley
Re: Declare Your Position, Nairalanders by ifenes(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
God is asking a question. If we must use the term "God",therefore I am one of the many Gods on nairaland. There is no other God except all of us. Monotheists god is a creation of the Ego mind. otherwise called the christian god.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/10/16 / PSALM 24 / Know About The Catholic Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.