Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe (525 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by irisola(f): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2016
itz been bothering my mind for a long time now..cus i see most of my class mates pay tithe in church..i knw the bible says 10% of my income nd as a Nigerian the mentality is that the verse belongs to the working class people..so pls i want to read the veiw of others..thanks
Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by gratefulheart(m): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2016
Yes, you can pay tithe from your upkeeps and financial gifts.
Your upkeeps and financial gifts are your income for now as a student.

1 Like

Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by KingRex1(m): 8:48am On Sep 11, 2016
Give wat u can from ur heart.. Nufn is mandatory

2 Likes

Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by annunaki2(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
irisola:
itz been bothering my mind for a long time now..cus i see most of my class mates pay tithe in church..i knw the bible says 10% of my income nd as a Nigerian the mentality is that the verse belongs to the working class people..so pls i want to read the veiw of others..thanks

As a christian you are not obligated to pay tithes in the first instance. Tithing is an old testament practice.
Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by irisola(f): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
annunaki2:

As a christian you are not obligated to pay tithes in the first instance. Tithing is an old testament practice.
huh..does that mean new testament does nt support tithing..bt it is generally believed that christain are to pay tithe most especially workers with stable income
Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by annunaki2(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
irisola:

huh..does that mean new testament does nt support tithing..bt it is generally believed that christain are to pay tithe most especially workers with stable income

Pastors generally preach tithes to favour themselves. Biblical tithes was not money even though there was money in those days and it was not based on income but on annual harvest. That said new testament Christians are not meant to observe the jewish laws in the old testament of which tithing is a part of.
Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by irisola(f): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
annunaki2:

Pastors generally preach tithes to favour themselves. Biblical tithes was not money even though there was money in those days and it was not based on income but on annual harvest. That said new testament Christians are not meant to observe the jewish laws in the old testament of which tithing is a part of.
thanks am cleared to some extent.. bt paying it in cash as per the jewish law aint no sin
Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by oluwalewis(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
irisola:

thanks am cleared to some extent.. bt paying it in cash as per the jewish law aint no sin

I beg to differ a bit to ur ideology,though tithes wasn't mentioned in its contextual meaning bt Jesus talkd about tithe's importance.
Basically tithe is meant to take care of the needy(b it food,money or waheva form) so as long as the needy eg widows,orphans,beggars,etc are still in our surroundings,tithe can't be pushed aside. Don't let the frivolous spending of our so called men of God hinder,u can pay ur tithe directly to the needy after u must av prayed on it

1 Like

Re: Are Students Obligated To Pay Tithe by annunaki2(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
irisola:

Paying tithes in cash was not allowed, read reuteronomy 14:22-29 for more enlightenment on the subject matter.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Churches And Hypocrisy / Selective Healings In Today's Church / How Many Of Us Can Do This Today??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.