Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon (2244 Views)

Please Help. My Hp Laptop Has A Wifi Connection But Refuses To Browse The Intern / Packard bell Screen touch laptop has been sold thanks / How To Extract Audio File From Video File Using VLC Media Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
All the icons have turned into vlc icons, and when i clicked on an app it wil bring be playing vlc media, i uninstalled vlc and it turns normal and installed it and it all changes back...what can i do.
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by BLINGZ88: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Uninstall the Vic and try DOWNLOADING a another vlc player
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by drake2(m): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
There is a file on your desktop which you wrongly changed its property to a vlc file, but it is not.

Right click on everyone of them, check it's properties and select in d dialogue box that which best describes the icon
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
drake2:
There is a file on your desktop which you wrongly changed its property to a vlc file, but it is not.

Right click on everyone of them, check it's properties and select in d dialogue box that which best describes the icon
thanks but am not getting it o
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
I av uninstall the vlc...but the icons are now showing blank...just white blank sheet..what can i do.
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Ukeachu1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Paulscholari:
I av uninstall the vlc...but the icons are now showing blank...just white blank sheet..what can i do.

once had this problem. tried many solutions I found online but none worked for me tho some folks said it helped them. I eventually had to create another user account on my PC and made it the administrator. everything works fine now. can't find the sites I found those solutions but u can get there tru Google. creating another user profile should be last resort.
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Thayay(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
Go to open with, and open each files with the appropriate softwares as defaults..... My roommate's system once had such problem, but can't just remember vividly if that's the step i used in fixing it for him then. But it was fixed within short period
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Aboki4inside(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
go to control panel and search for backup and restore, click restore to an earlier state when you've seen it and follow the instructions... sorry my instructions r vague
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by simplejayy(m): 11:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
change the "open with" to default application. this should settle it
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Trust2001(m): 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
delete all the shortcut icons and create new desktop shortcut.
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ok..i created another user account, and i av default icons,but on that nothing is displayin on my desktop..i av to click on d start menu to reach my files
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Ukeachu1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
Paulscholari:
Ok..i created another user account, and i av default icons,but on that nothing is displayin on my desktop..i av to click on d start menu to reach my files
just create short cuts on the desktop for all the applications u want.
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
Ukeachu1:

just create short cuts on the desktop for all the applications u want.
ok..i created a new user account, but there are no icons on the desktop, i have to go to d start menu folders before i can access d icons and folders that ought to appear on the window screen..how can i fix dat.
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Ukeachu1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Paulscholari:
ok..i created a new user account, but there are no icons on the desktop, i have to go to d start menu folders before i can access d icons and folders that ought to appear on the window screen..how can i fix dat.

u can create shortcuts on d screen. that is icons
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by paulworld(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
Use tuneup there is an option to repair broken desktop icon

or use easy fix search for this online
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by lagrangea: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
Just go to system restore, and then restore to last known setting that worked. It will start working normal, please don't delete anymore of ur files abeg
Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2016
lagrangea:
Just go to system restore, and then restore to last known setting that worked. It will start working normal, please don't delete anymore of ur files abeg
thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by tunisbaba(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
lagrangea:
Yes! From personal experience, this will definitely fix the problem.

1 Like

Re: Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon by Paulscholari(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
tunisbaba:

Yes! From personal experience, this will definitely fix the problem.
thanks bro..all is fixed now

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With Window 7 Ultimate Activation / 2 months used HP 15 for sale SOLD / Corei5, 8G Ram, 500G HDD, backlit keyboard Dell Latitude E5440 (very neat) @90K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.