Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) (2284 Views)

Davido's "IF" Finally Debuts On Billboard / Limerick Drops HOT Rap Freestyle NO BREATH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by kayo80(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Below are the top 10 hot rap songs on Billboard this week. Drake is still slaying. I don't think any rapper in history has been in the forefront of mainstream rap for as long as Drake has...no kidding. I mean, dude has been at the top since 2009...that's 8 years straight. But of cos, you know I am not talking purely of rap skills and lyricism; I think Kendrick Lamar has got that spot for now. I am talking of the ability to be keep reinventing yourself and making hits, upon hits, upon hits, every single year. People in the forefront of mainstream rap don't last more than 3-4 years, before someone else takes over that position.

Okay, enough of the talk. Below is the list of the top 10 rap songs of the week.

10. That Part- Schoolboy Q feat. Kanye West

9. Money Longer- Lil Uzi Vert

8. I Got the Keys- DJ Khaled feat. Jay Z, and Future

7. Don't Mind- Kent Jones

6. Tiimy Turner- Desiigner

5. Panda- Desiigner

4. For Free- DJ Khaled feat. Drake

3. Sucker for Pain- Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons, Logic, Ty Dolla $ign feat. X. Ambassadors

2. Broccoli- D.R.A.M feat. Lil Yachty

1. Too Good- Drake feat. Rihanna

http://www.kaysrapzone.com/2016/09/top-10-hot-rap-songs-on-billboard-this.html

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by bonechamberlain(m): 10:08am On Sep 12, 2016
I don't understand America anymore, Drake is overrated, I can't consider him a rap artiste, I see him as a hip hop artiste. The guy is very lucky and hardworking, most of his chart topping songs might not make my top 5. My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by kayo80(m): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2016
bonechamberlain:
I don't understand America anymore, Drake is overrated, I can't consider him a rap artiste, I see him as a hip hop artiste. The guy is very lucky and hardworking, most of his chart topping songs might not make my top 5. My opinion.

Well, with hardwork and focus comes luck.

About you not seeing him as a rap artiste, what classifies someone as a rap artiste? Does Drake RAP? Yes. Yea, he sings sometimes, but at least 70% of the time, he is rapping, so why are you not considering a rap artiste? The guy is a great talent, give that to him. I know great rappers that can rap circles around drake but can't make a good song to save their lives. Making a great song takes a lot of talent and creativity.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by chuksisaac: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
pls.....drake has been in the top ...but have never achieved no 1 status in hiphop in his life....and will never do that....instead he is an icon on his own.....kendrick is a more versatile artist than drake...somebody that can make hits out of songs that are not radio friendly..but still have true hiphop undertone...jcole/kendrink and others are true to their game...jcole can make hits if he wants to...just that hiphop is not just about hits...
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by chuksisaac: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
And wre is holy keys on your list...
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by kayo80(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
chuksisaac:
pls.....drake has been in the top ...but have never achieved no 1 status in hiphop in his life....and will never do that....instead he is an icon on his own.....kendrick is a more versatile artist than drake...somebody that can make hits out of songs that are not radio friendly..but still have true hiphop undertone...jcole/kendrink and others are true to their game...jcole can make hits if he wants to...just that hiphop is not just about hits...

We are saying the same thing.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by kayo80(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
chuksisaac:
And wre is holy keys on your list...

Dude, I didn't make the list...go and ask Billboard. Billboard compiled the list based on the commercial success this songs are having currently, and not based on skill of the rapper or favoritism.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
kayo80:

Well, with hardwork and focus comes luck.

About you not seeing him as a rap artiste, what classifies someone as a rap artiste? Does Drake RAP? Yes. Yea, he sings sometimes, but at least 70% of the time, he is rapping, so why are you not considering a rap artiste? The guy is a great talent, give that to him. I know great rappers that can rap circles around drake but can't make a good song to save their lives. Making a great song takes a lot of talent and creativity.

I've never heard him rap. The guy has no talent at all. He can't rap. He can't sing. He can't make a good song. That number one song of his for this week will be in the trash can in twelve weeks time.

You do admit there are rappers who can rap circles around drake. You hit the nail on the head, I give you that. Great observation but there are also over 200 rappers that can out rap him and make a better song than him anytime, anyday. You just don't know.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by kayo80(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
RSAMAN:

I've never heard him rap. The guy has no talent at all. He can't rap. He can't sing. He can't make a good song. That number one song of his for this week will be in the trash can in twelve weeks time.

According to you. Nobody really cares about your opinion homie.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
kayo80:

That's not an opinion pal. It's a fact.That hot line bling bling blang is already in the bin as we speak.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Okay let's hear the great talent possessed by this fella. Go ahead and give me drake's best line right now.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
kayo80:

Still waiting for the line.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by kayo80(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
RSAMAN:

That's not an opinion pal. It's a fact.That hot line bling bling blang is already in the bin as we speak.

How can you say it is a fact that Drake doesn't have talent? Or that he doesn't rap? Or that he can't sing? Those are opinions. Or do you have English comprehension problems? Because you don't like someone doesn't make your opinion a fact.

And about Hotline Bling, every hit song has a time frame in which it is on constant rotation, and after which, it is considered old (or a classic), and is listened to every once in a while. Hotline Bling was on Billboard's top ten chart for 19 weeks (almost 5 months). Hotline Bling sold over 600,000 copies in the UK. Hotline Bling sold over 2 million copies in the U.S. These are facts, not opinions.

I love rap too, but I love other kinds of music and talent in general. When I see talent I respect it. Well, I don't blame you. You have never tried to write a story, or sing, or act before to know the amount of work that goes into creating art, that is why you can open your mouth and talk shiit.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by MaddSkillz: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
I'm not surprised, billboard is a joke
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
kayo80:

How can you say it is a fact that Drake doesn't have talent? Or that he doesn't rap? Or that he can't sing? Those are opinions. Or do you have English comprehension problems? Because you don't like someone doesn't make your opinion a fact.

And about Hotline Bling, every hit song has a time frame in which it is on constant rotation, and after which, it is considered old (or a classic), and is listened to every once in a while. Hotline Bling was on Billboard's top ten chart for 19 weeks (almost 5 months). Hotline Bling sold over 600,000 copies in the UK. Hotline Bling sold over 2 million copies in the U.S. These are facts, not opinions.

I love rap too, but I love other kinds of music and talent in general. When I see talent I respect it. Well, I don't blame you. You have never tried to write a story, or sing, or act before to know the amount of work that goes into creating art, that is why you can open your mouth and talk shiit.

Hot line bling blang blung has sold 600 000 copies in the UK and 2 000 000 copies in the U.S? That makes it a great song right? Well 150 billion flies think shiit is delicious.

19 weeks on billboard? Like @maddskillz said: billboard charts are a joke.

And how can I say it is a fact drake doesn't have talent? Well if I didn't know of over 200 rappers who can rap and write songs way better than him perhaps this fella would be great just like nokia 3310 was best when there wasn't iphones and samsung s7s.

And I suppose you mean beyonce,rihanna and chris brown when you say you listen to other kinds of music too? when real artists in other genres who possess real talent are: Norah Jones, Melody Gardot, Esperanza Spalding and Diana Krall.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
Judge for yourself
Started... Zombie on the track... [Chorus:] Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now my whole team fucking here Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team here, nigga Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now my whole team here, nigga Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team fucking here [Verse 1:] I done kept it real from the jump Living at my mama's house we'd argue every mornin' nigga, I was trying to get it on my own Working all night, traffic on the way home And my uncle calling me like "Where ya at? I gave you the keys told ya bring it right back" Nigga, I just think it's funny how it goes Now I'm on the road, half a million for a show And we... [Chorus:] Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now my whole team fucking here Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team here, nigga Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team fucking here, Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team here nigga [Verse 2:] Boys tell stories about the man Say I never struggled, wasn't hungry, yeah, I doubt it, nigga I could turn your boy into the man There ain't really much I hear that's poppin' off without us, nigga We just want the credit where it's due I'mma worry about me, give a Bleep about you Nigga, just as a reminder to myself I wear every single chain, even when I'm in the house Cause we... [Chorus:] Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now my whole team fucking here Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team here, nigga [Bridge:] No new niggas, nigga we don't feel that Bleep a fake friend, where you real friends at? We don't like to do too much explaining Story stayed the same I never changed it No new niggas, nigga we don't feel that Bleep a fake friend, where you real friends at? We don't like to do too much explaining Story stayed the same through the money and the fame Cause we... [Chorus:] Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now my whole team fucking here Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team here, nigga Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now my whole team here, nigga Started from the bottom now we're here Started from the bottom now the whole team here nigga
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
That was average at best and anyone with half a brain can write that in under 2 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
[Prince Poetry]
Check it out, we're like Three LP's precise from my Five Deadly Venoms With international plugs like nine Organized emblems Get it? Twenty Thousand Leagues, extra deep Runnin with the number thirteen with my 40 Below's upon the feet Now Adam 12 got me in this 20/20 so I'm double oh seven about my four one one Seventy-four catch my eighty-three degrees of heat We merkin four-twenty eat island three five N2Deep Mack 10 under seat for carjacking Passenger 57's A Product 19 who gets the dumpster behind 7 Eleven 4-1-0-8-0-9-1-5-9 Same 227 style with one nosy bitch in the blind Hit, one-five-five for twenty sacks and better Nothin but love for this nigga, Mr. 16th Letter Mr. 16th Letter, Mr. 16th Letter...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
The above rap cannot be rapped by your average rapper even in the next 50 years. Look how witty he put those numbers as he was rapping on a song named 'Numbers'. The verse was rapped by Prince Poetry of Organized Konfusion. Go ahead and tell me you still think drake is talented because I know you wouldn't know talent even if it hit you in the face.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by MaddSkillz: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
Just take a look at all the songs there most of them can hardly pass as hip hop songs, big L said something similar about this and yes it's happening. .. Truely hip hop is dead
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by MaddSkillz: 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
Imagine that panda song called a hip hop song
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2016
MaddSkillz:
Just take a look at all the songs there most of them can hardly pass as hip hop songs, big L said something similar about this and yes it's happening. .. Truely hip hop is dead

There is still good hip hop out there. You just have to know where to look. Rappers and rap groups such as: atmosphere, blackalicious, el-p, immortal technique and pharoahe monch are still keeping it alive.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2016
MaddSkillz:
Imagine that panda song called a hip hop song
Haven't heard panda or any song from the chart list but a song with a name panda surely belongs in the trash.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by chuksisaac: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Ehen hiphop heads dan reach ere...rsaman..what do u think about new school kendrick or jcole?.....and again....drake is blessed with poor narrative technique...he can't even tell a full story.....he needs to listen to more of slick rick or notorious b.I.g...even jayz with his appeal for pop and rock..still made hits...and still wrote good lyrics...what he did in HISTORY and friend or foe can not be overstated...lyrically none of drakes songs equal kendrick lamars sing about me or hiiipower...or even jcole STAY....or immortal techniques dance with the devil...or organised confusion stray bullet.....God bless hiphop...those songs on that list should not be mentioned as hiphop..
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
chuksisaac:
Ehen hiphop heads dan reach ere...rsaman..what do u think about new school kendrick or jcole?.....and again....drake is blessed with poor narrative technique...he can't even tell a full story.....he needs to listen to more of slick rick or notorious b.I.g...even jayz with his appeal for pop and rock..still made hits...and still wrote good lyrics...what he did in HISTORY and friend or foe can not be overstated...lyrically none of drakes songs equal kendrick lamars sing about me or hiiipower...or even jcole STAY....or immortal techniques dance with the devil...or organised confusion stray bullet.....God bless hiphop...those songs on that list should not be mentioned as hiphop..

Man Kendrick Lamar and Jcole are pushing the boundaries of hip hop. I remember when I first listened kendrick's section.80 for the first time. I listened to it on youtube and I was blown away and thought it was something everyone should listen to and they stop listening to the overproduced shiit that's on radio. Kinda mcs we need today.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
chuksisaac or maddskillz. Have you guys heard the album Deltron 3030 by Deltron 3030?

I listened this album and to this day I still think it is the best album released in hip hop EVER.
And I've never reffered to anything hip hop avant garde until I heard this album. Truely inspiraltional.
some works of art are so avant garde you just see paint thrown onto a painting In patterns you cannot follow or even make out whats going on the painting and get marvelled when one artist tells you it's the best art he's ever come across. And the artist say: you won't understand because it's avant garde. And you be like: avant what?
We could say the same about this album. Because I always research my music I'd hear ppl going raving mad about it over review sites, amazon and youtube. I finally downloaded just to hear what everyone was raving about. I put it in for a spin and man was I disappointed. And thought to myself: was that it? That everyone is raving about? The beats sounded cheap and lyrics sounded forced. I forced myself to finish it and then had to Stash it away for over a year after which I thought let me give it another go,
It won't kill me. I still didn't understand it. I never gave up. Gave It another go. It was just the most difficult thing to digest. Took me a while but luckily it it finally kept growing on me little by little but after about ten listens Man, man, man I felt like I could cry over stashing it for over a year. I Finally understood what the term 'avant garde' is, man it's a hidden gem, one that grows on you no matter how many good rap albums you've listened to, even hardcore rap fans like me found it hard to digest. Guys you need to hear this album but I can't guarantee you will love it at first listen. In fact its almost a guarantee you will dislike it even after maybe 2,3 to 4 listens. But don't give up(I wish someone told me that and I would never have slept on it and stash it away for so long) just because it might sound like cheap underground beats and wack raps of which it isn't at all, because it's(should I say avant garde again? Let me just say It's a hard to understand album)

About the album:

The album is so futuristic in nature and is based on a concept which sees the album set on a year 3030 concept.
Members of deltron 3030 are Del The Funky Homosapian(raps), Dan The Automator (production), Kid Kaola (scratches), del the funky homosapian on the album is cast as deltron zero and he's lyrics are so on point and can paint a picture that can remain vividly in your mind.
I'll leave it there. I suggest you go to wikipedia and learn more about the concept of the album. They explain it in more detail than I can do it here. Just read the part: 'album information'

I definetely recommend this album to you guys.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deltron_3030_(album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6YJjkO7F5A

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by MaddSkillz: 10:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
RSAMAN:
chuksisaac or maddskillz. Have you guys heard the album Deltron 3030 by Deltron 3030?

I listened this album and to this day I still think it is the best album released in hip hop EVER.
And I've never reffered to anything hip hop avant garde until I heard this album. Truely inspiraltional.
some works of art are so avant garde you just see paint thrown onto a painting In patterns you cannot follow or even make out whats going on the painting and get marvelled when one artist tells you it's the best art he's ever come across. And the artist say: you won't understand because it's avant garde. And you be like: avant what?
We could say the same about this album. Because I always research my music I'd hear ppl going raving mad about it over review sites, amazon and youtube. I finally downloaded just to hear what everyone was raving about. I put it in for a spin and man was I disappointed. And thought to myself: was that it? That everyone is raving about? The beats sounded cheap and lyrics sounded forced. I forced myself to finish it and then had to Stash it away for over a year after which I thought let me give it another go,
It won't kill me. I still didn't understand it. I never gave up. Gave It another go. It was just the most difficult thing to digest. Took me a while but luckily it it finally kept growing on me little by little but after about ten listens Man, man, man I felt like I could cry over stashing it for over a year. I Finally understood what the term 'avant garde' is, man it's a hidden gem, one that grows on you no matter how many good rap albums you've listened to, even hardcore rap fans like me found it hard to digest. Guys you need to hear this album but I can't guarantee you will love it at first listen. In fact its almost a guarantee you will dislike it even after maybe 2,3 to 4 listens. But don't give up(I wish someone told me that and I would never have slept on it and stash it away for so long) just because it might sound like cheap underground beats and wack raps of which it isn't at all, because it's(should I say avant garde again? Let me just say It's a hard to understand album)

About the album:

The album is so futuristic in nature and is based on a concept which sees the album set on a year 3030 concept.
Members of deltron 3030 are Del The Funky Homosapian(raps), Dan The Automator (production), Kid Kaola (scratches), del the funky homosapian on the album is cast as deltron zero and he's lyrics are so on point and can paint a picture that can remain vividly in your mind.
I'll leave it there. I suggest you go to wikipedia and learn more about the concept of the album. They explain it in more detail than I can do it here. Just read the part: 'album information'

I definetely recommend this album to you guys.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deltron_3030_(album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6YJjkO7F5A

Thanks bro, I'll check it out
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by RSAMAN(m): 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Cool.
Re: Top 10 Hot Rap Songs Of The Week (courtesy Of Billboard) by demacall: 1:46am On Sep 14, 2016
The Music Wonleto Pre Ft Burna Boy is really an amazing music from the TMR front-line artist which he released just few days after the video to his assisted Yung6ix single titled "Lagos" and now P.R.E is back with Wonleto Ft.Burna Boy.
The Music Record Wonleto Pre Ft Burna Boy was Produced by Rexxie who is closely affiliated with Twisted Mind Records

Listen to ‘Wonleto’ below and kindly share your thoughts using the comment section below!
[url]Download Music WONLETO[/url][url]http://muzikdeal.com/?post_type=wpdmpro&p=400&preview=true [/url]

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Fever Vs Burna Boy Gbona Mixtape 2018 / MUSIC: Lil Kesh Ft. Mayorkun – Nkan Be / Rich The Kid – Boss Man Full Album | Zip File Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.