Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

[business Idea] How To Start A Sportswear Business - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / [business Idea] How To Start A Sportswear Business (978 Views)

I Want To Start A Procurement Company From Togo To Nigeria. / I Want To Start Dealing On Hair But Don't Know How Start....You Have An Idea??? / ASG Sports- A One-stop Wholesale Hub For All Your Sportswear Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[business Idea] How To Start A Sportswear Business by barbieQ(f): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
If you’re thinking of a trendy, lucrative business to start, you might want to consider selling sports apparel to the fitfam community. The sports apparel business is an untapped niche market in the Nigerian clothing industry. The market is ripe for the taking, thanks to the #fitfam trend which sees more individuals and working professionals signing up for gym memberships, marathons, charity walks and let’s not forget Zuckerbergs Lekki-Ikoyi bridge rendezvous. The business appeals to all ages and creeds, isn’t saturated, and the starting capital isn’t prohibitive.
An October 2015 Morgan Stanley report predicted an estimated $83 billion rise in sales within the active wear market by 2020. There isn’t a better time than now to get a slice of the pie.
If this all sounding appealing to you, please read on. I’m about to delve into the mechanics of how the business works, and what things you need to consider before launching.
Where do I find customers for gym/sportswear?
1. Instagram
While you’re still building a customer base, it is a good idea to put your goods in front of your customers, while spending as little as possible to do so. Instagram the photo-sharing app, helps you do this while being cheap, quick, and easy to use. Your aim is to draw users in, get them engaged with your captivating photographs, and entice them into ultimately making a purchase. You will then need to follow this up with engaging photographs, interactions with your followers, competitions and cross posting on other blogs.
2. Local ecommerce stores
Various online stores offer independent vendors a chance to feature on their websites. These include Konga, Jumia, GTbanks’s SME Markethub.
3. Local classifieds websites. You can list your items on classified websites such as Kaymu, Efritin, Olx, etc.
4. Facebook. Create a business page, upload photos and item descriptions, engage with people who ask questions, tag fitness gurus on your friends list (don’t be annoying though) and get to selling.
5. Nairaland: I was looking through this platform a while ago and noticed that vendors actually sell on it. You will need to be careful about ow you go about it though, in order not to break the rules.
6. Pop-up store: You can organize a pop-up at shopping festivals, marathon events or plan one yourself.
Where to get stock

Need more of the awesomeness?

Please visit: http://www.mrpepe.com/uncategorized/business-idea-start-a-sportswear-business/[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Rita Dominic 2016 Glam Styles (photos) / Fashion And Textile School In Lagos, Nigeria / Original Kojic Acid Supplier In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.