Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ponzi And Pyramid Schemes In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ponzi And Pyramid Schemes In Nigeria (1059 Views)

Dual Guaranteed 4,000 Ngn Paying Business Killing Ponzi Schemes In Nigeria / How Is Piuni Different From Ponzi And Pyramid Scheme? / The Difference Between Network Marketing And Pyramid Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ponzi And Pyramid Schemes In Nigeria by danielgod(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
I want to bring your attention to a number of Ponzi schemes being perpetuated in the country under names like MMM, Global Alliance, Helping hands etc. I do not know whether there are currently laws in our constitution that allow or criminalizes such schemes.

A Ponzi scheme (also a Ponzi game or a Ponzi) is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

Ponzi schemes occasionally begin as legitimate businesses, until the business fails to achieve the returns expected. The business becomes a Ponzi scheme if it then continues under fraudulent terms. Whatever the initial situation, the perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to sustain the scheme.
In all places where this scheme operated, unsuspecting citizens lost their moneys either to the scammers or due to a collapse of the fraudulent system.
If these schemes are not checked for their legitimacy, it could lead to a lot of Nigerians losing their moneys to scammers.

I hope this is looked into
Re: Ponzi And Pyramid Schemes In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
You are saying helping hands is a ponzi scheme too?

(1) (Reply)

Brazil Wool Needed Urgently / What Can I Do With 150,000? / Ten Top Tips For Transcribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.