Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,400 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Message Unplugged - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Message Unplugged (604 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message Unplugged by sonofluc1fer: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2016
I've always been outspoken, sometimes to my own detriment. I'd rather disappoint a person than lie to them. Sometimes, the truth is ugly because it is a mirror. Anyways, this post isn't about motivational quotes...

I remember an event that occurred years back in Secondary School. A Pastor was invited from a nearby church to come teach us the eh, path to salvation. We were all young impressionable minds, and as we took our seats after the worship session was over, Mr. ManOfGod stepped on stage. This man had holy spirit prayer warrior written all over him - his suit and tie wore the ragged look of His Bible.

So the message started, and what a message I believe it could have been. Unfortunately, Mr. ManOfGod seemed to be having a personal battle with the microphone. He couldn't understand why the microphone was louder than he was.. And so he raised his voice louder, and the speakers transmitted these signals across the hall, beating the sounds of war on our eardrums.

Five minutes in, and I could tell everyone was uncomfortable. And I was too. So my feet led me to the speaker, and my hands moved towards the source of our troubles, and unplugged it.

A hush fell over the shocked listeners. Even those who were asleep delivered themselves from their ailment. As one, their eyes moved towards the speaker, and there I was, my long head and the speaker cable in my hand.

One of our hostel mistresses left her altar position and ran towards my location, Without explanation, she pulled me outside the auditorium, and proceeded to get on her knees.

Just as I was about to be thankful for the gesture, she looked towards the heavens, and a stream of tears were let loose. She made lamentations to the God of Abraham on my behalf, pleading and asking for mercy.

The school administration was so shocked they didn't hand me any punishment. I think they left me in God's hands....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Message Unplugged by hahn(m): 10:12am On Sep 13, 2016
grin cheesy tongue

Mad man
Re: Message Unplugged by sonofluc1fer: 10:25am On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:
grin cheesy tongue

Mad man
grin lalasticlala ndewo o.
Re: Message Unplugged by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2016
errr...... *Scratches head*

I hate literature cry
Re: Message Unplugged by CAPSLOCKED: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

The school administration was so shocked they didn't hand me any punishment. I think they left me in God's hands....

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FIRST MAN TO EVER BE SAFE IN GODS HANDS!
Re: Message Unplugged by urahara(m): 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2016
sonofluc1fer:
I've always been outspoken, sometimes to my own detriment. I'd rather disappoint a person than lie to them. Sometimes, the truth is ugly because it is a mirror. Anyways, this post isn't about motivational quotes...

I remember an event that occurred years back in Secondary School. A Pastor was invited from a nearby church to come teach us the eh, path to salvation. We were all young impressionable minds, and as we took our seats after the worship session was over, Mr. ManOfGod stepped on stage. This man had holy spirit prayer warrior written all over him - his suit and tie wore the ragged look of His Bible.

So the message started, and what a message I believe it could have been. Unfortunately, Mr. ManOfGod seemed to be having a personal battle with the microphone. He couldn't understand why the microphone was louder than he was.. And so he raised his voice louder, and the speakers transmitted these signals across the hall, beating the sounds of war on our eardrums.

Five minutes in, and I could tell everyone was uncomfortable. And I was too. So my feet led me to the speaker, and my hands moved towards the source of our troubles, and unplugged it.

A hush fell over the shocked listeners. Even those who were asleep delivered themselves from their ailment. As one, their eyes moved towards the speaker, and there I was, my long head and the speaker cable in my hand.

One of our hostel mistresses left her altar position and ran towards my location, Without explanation, she pulled me outside the auditorium, and proceeded to get on her knees.

Just as I was about to be thankful for the gesture, she looked towards the heavens, and a stream of tears were let loose. She made lamentations to the God of Abraham on my behalf, pleading and asking for mercy.

U sef no send wink

(1) (Reply)

My Wedding Day Tragedy (blast From The Past) / [fiction] Igadamigada: An NYSC Tale In Igbo Land {part 2} / Today Is World Poetry Day: What Are Your Favourite Poems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.