Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! (2240 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by adediwura97: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
I had an encounter recently that is driving my head to different direction and am getting sick. In a bid to get job and after trying so hard not getting one. I decided to use the school holiday period to port to teaching job. Although i have teaching experience. I am a lady married with a kid. I researched about a school that uses computer per student and use projector to teach as against white/black board. As i love computer a lot and felt i will derive joy managing that till a better one comes.
To my shock i was invited by the school did CBT test and macro teaching all came out well. Was asked to wait for the owner of the school as he was eager to meet me and the other lady waiting. What came out from his mouth nearly killed me. I will be offered 20,000 naira for the job. Which includes Monday to Saturday. 7:30 to 4pm. Saturday is 8am to 4pm. Am i dreaming i asked him to make it 35,000 and ask if there will be any extra money for those extra hours. He said NO that 20,000 is their best offer. My transport to the place is 600 naira per day i told him and that makes it 14,400 for transport. I was asked to resume to teach Civic and Government, because i studied international relations.
Honestly, when i saw their staff, the other lady for interview called my attention to it that am i not seeing poverty written all over the staff, but i told her not to conclude as it was holiday period, but after the meeting i got my answer. The school fee of this school is massive. Primary pay times 3 to 4 of what am been offered.
Since that day i lost my sleep got sick the conversation kept playing on my head. Is this how big schools pay please?[b][/b]
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by compuseun: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
N they expect the teachers to impact knowledge in their pupils, with that peanut. No wonder all these private schools don't have stable teachers.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by compuseun: 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
I believe you are not a dullard, I will advise you to think on what you can do our own that will fetch you money. By the time you deduct your transportation money from the so called stipend, its not worth it.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by ADUNOKIKI(f): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
I don't expect you to take up such job.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Emmysteve(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
The situation is almost the same with all the private schools. They are very wicked and care less about the welfare of their staff. Teaching is a very nice thing to do but the heartless proprietors and proprietress makes unattractive for people who have the passion in the profession. They treat their staff like a piece of trash because they know jobs in Nigeria are not easy to come by.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by dhope: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
there is always one thing i usually observe with those employers especially schls proprietors. anybody dt rolls out vacancies every term or every 3rd term, just believe he/she is maltreating staffs except in d case of expansion of d schl. pple like to take advantage of unemployment condition in nigeria to cheat their fellow compatriot. that is d world we have found ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by izzou(m): 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
Adediwura97
Its better you hawk oranges than do that job. If any man should take something from you, don't let them take your time. If they must take it, they should pay well for it.
Am not employed yet, but I can't take a job of 40k. Though I have a business that gets me up to that in a month.
Instead of wasting your whole week for peanuts, channel it on your self. You'll go places

5 Likes

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
teaching is suffering

It's one of the most challenging job with least pay..

Teachers reward should be on earth, and not heaven..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by charles009(m): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
izzou:
Adediwura97
Its better you hawk oranges than do that job. If any man should take something from you, don't let them take your time. If they must take it, they should pay well for it.
Am not employed yet, but I can't take a job of 40k. Though I have a business that gets me up to that in a month.
Instead of wasting your whole week for peanuts, channel it on your self. You'll go places

people should start thinking like you do. I attended a recent interview for a regional manager position with a famous make up company, the lady said she was gonna pay me 100k, I started smiling and she enquired. I reminded her that my last salary was more than 200k. and I feel I can do more. politely I declined. I now run two very small businesses and I can boldly know my boys gonna bring back nothing less than 5k daily. Do the calculation.

Nigerian graduates, please stop working for peanuts. use your head, think, think, think

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by izzou(m): 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
charles009:

people should start thinking like you do. I attended a recent interview for a regional manager position with a famous make up company, the lady said she was gonna pay me 100k, I started smiling and she enquired. I reminded her that my last salary was more than 200k. and I feel I can do more. politely I declined. I now run two very small businesses and I can boldly know my boys gonna bring back nothing less than 5k daily. Do the calculation.

Nigerian graduates, please stop working for peanuts. use your head, think, think, think

You just said it all at the bolded

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Emmysteve(m): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
charles009:

I wish I know the business you are into
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by kikies(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
Proprietors/proprietresses of today r not educationists
Owning a school is business to them,whether teachers r bin taken care of or not.
Or whether students r bin imparted upon or not is not dier business........dier primary aim is to mk Moni.
Its rather sad

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Benjom(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
The Lord is our strength in this country.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Crystalclara(f): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
op I feel u....
I also got a teaching job this holiday and was offered 25k, and I will be on probation for six months o...
Oya come and see rules and regulations now...d most annoying one is, I will have to switch off my phone and submit to madam from 7.15am of resumption to 3pm of closing, Mondays to Fridays, plus some seminars and trainings on Saturdays though not all Saturdays. Am married with a child o... now my question is what if an emergency comes up and am needed but can't be reached.
Do you advice I take it or leave it.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
Crystalclara:
op I feel u....
I also got a teaching job this holiday and was offered 25k, and I will be on probation for six months o...
Oya come and see rules and regulations now...d most annoying one is, I will have to switch off my phone and submit to madam from 7.15am of resumption to 3pm of closing, Mondays to Fridays, plus some seminars and trainings on Saturdays though not all Saturdays. Am married with a child o... now my question is what if an emergency comes up and am needed but can't be reached.

ask yoursef this question:

wat is the aim of taking this job? is it to be less dependent on my husband or not to feel jobless?
if it is the latter, start a business like a food business, if it is the former, liaise with ur husband and ask him for his advice

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
adediwura97:
I had an encounter recently that is driving my head to different direction and am getting sick. In a bid to get job and after trying so hard not getting one. I decided to use the school holiday period to port to teaching job. Although i have teaching experience. I am a lady married with a kid. I researched about a school that uses computer per student and use projector to teach as against white/black board. As i love computer a lot and felt i will derive joy managing that till a better one comes.
To my shock i was invited by the school did CBT test and macro teaching all came out well. Was asked to wait for the owner of the school as he was eager to meet me and the other lady waiting. What came out from his mouth nearly killed me. I will be offered 20,000 naira for the job. Which includes Monday to Saturday. 7:30 to 4pm. Saturday is 8am to 4pm. Am i dreaming i asked him to make it 35,000 and ask if there will be any extra money for those extra hours. He said NO that 20,000 is their best offer. My transport to the place is 600 naira per day i told him and that makes it 14,400 for transport. I was asked to resume to teach Civic and Government, because i studied international relations.
Honestly, when i saw their staff, the other lady for interview called my attention to it that am i not seeing poverty written all over the staff, but i told her not to conclude as it was holiday period, but after the meeting i got my answer. The school fee of this school is massive. Primary pay times 3 to 4 of what am been offered.
Since that day i lost my sleep got sick the conversation kept playing on my head. Is this how big schools pay please?[b][/b]

if u know ur worth u wont take that job, the school is filled with efizzy to entice the parents to pay more, next term their school fees would be higher than that
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Thobiy(m): 12:40am On Sep 14, 2016
It somehow ok, u have more experience
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Thobiy(m): 12:41am On Sep 14, 2016
It somehow ok, u have more experience and learn new things
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Emmysteve(m): 2:52am On Sep 14, 2016
Crystalclara:
op I feel u....
This is broad day slavery. I think government should start monitoring the welfare of staff in private schools because they keep doing what they do because the system allows them. How would somebody ask me to switch off my phone and submit it. I am learning this for the first time. Untop how much sef.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by jaycool01(m): 6:58am On Sep 14, 2016
Op, the situation is serious. I had same experience with one big school like that in Ibadan last week but I passionately rejected the slavery. Thank God for my graphics design skills, it makes me not to be desperate.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by holluphemydavid(m): 7:48am On Sep 14, 2016
Teaching is a gud profession, but dey avnt been treated very nicely, and dis happen almosy everywhere in Nigeria, I pity dem
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by iwatch: 11:54am On Sep 14, 2016
Worry not people. I am going to perform an experiment using a friend and within a few weeks from now, I will come here with my result. The plan is basically to see how anyone residing in capital of any state can set up a thriving private tutor business. My friend is a serving corper (also a nairalander) whom I do hope to get as much clients as possible for and much faster than you can imagine.

If you like the idea of private tutor, one that can basically fetch you as much as 50k to 100k per month (it could be more from the look of things), this will be the best moment. The more you can do, the more money that you can make. I have noticed that lots of nairalanders love to teach and the lack of jobs in the country is really alarming.

I see some people building their own schools from this by God's grace and I pray that the first test brings in positive results.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by rhymxkid(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
charles009:

pls sir can u forward the email address of the said coy that offered u 100k sir ... I guess I can start from that as a am a fresh graduate yet to find a sole revenue ... pls send it here sir asiruayomide @ gmail. com
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by rhymxkid(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
iwatch:
Worry not people. I am going to perform an experiment using a friend and within a few weeks from now, I will come here with my result. The plan is basically to see how anyone residing in capital of any state can set up a thriving private tutor business. My friend is a serving corper (also a nairalander) whom I do hope to get as much clients as possible for and much faster than you can imagine.

If you like the idea of private tutor, one that can basically fetch you as much as 50k to 100k per month (it could be more from the look of things), this will be the best moment. The more you can do, the more money that you can make. I have noticed that lots of nairalanders love to teach and the lack of jobs in the country is really alarming.

I see some people building their own schools from this by God's grace and I pray that the first test brings in positive results.

kudos to your creative thinking and perch for trying new things and exploring...pls I did like to have ur personal contact ...you could drop it in my inbox Sir ...asiruayomide @ gmail. com ...thank you in anticipation of a positive feedback
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by iwatch: 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
rhymxkid:

kudos to your creative thinking and perch for trying new things and exploring...pls I did like to have ur personal contact ...you could drop it in my inbox Sir ...asiruayomide @ gmail. com ...thank you in anticipation of a positive feedback
email sent!
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by charles009(m): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
let me ask us all a question? I have a business Manager role to help market a software to schools, with a 100k salary. my bet is, I will be taking more than 5000 applications.

Breakdown: you basically don't know what you gonna market, how to do it and most importantly you detest marketing, all you need is the 100k. Of course you will surely make an attempt both online and offline.

Now the Question: What if I decide to make an attempt to market my own idea?

All am saying is try using up half energy you will for someone else's businesses and make an attempt to market your idea.

Remember all you need in life to be overly successful is just one idea, sleep for 50years, wake up with 1 .

So in desperate times like this, I challenge all fresh graduates to start thinking. Don't be afraid.

May God give you the strength to fathom out that which will make your heart fulfilled in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Crystalclara(f): 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Emmysteve:
This is broad day slavery. I think government should start monitoring the welfare of staff in private schools because they keep doing what they do because the system allows them. How would somebody ask me to switch off my phone and submit it. I am learning this for the first time. Untop how much sef.
my broda I tire
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by izzou(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
charles009:
let me ask us all a question? I have a business Manager role to help market a software to schools, with a 100k salary. my bet is, I will be taking more than 5000 applications.

Breakdown: you basically don't know what you gonna market, how to do it and most importantly you detest marketing, all you need is the 100k. Of course you will surely make an attempt both online and offline.

Now the Question: What if I decide to make an attempt to market my own idea?

All am saying is try using up half energy you will for someone else's businesses and make an attempt to market your idea.

Remember all you need in life to be overly successful is just one idea, sleep for 50years, wake up with 1 .

So in desperate times like this, I challenge all fresh graduates to start thinking. Don't be afraid.

May God give you the strength to fathom out that which will make your heart fulfilled in Jesus Name Amen.

Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by mkoabiola: 11:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
Crystalclara:
op I feel u....
Hahaha
I was laughing till I fall frm d chair
Submit ur phone madam for gud 8 hours
With a salary of 25k
Lol
In fact u need to see d anger and sorrow of d teachers in DAT sch bf u can conclude
Ds one Don pass more than day slavery
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Crystalclara(f): 11:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
mkoabiola:

Hahaha
I was laughing till I fall frm d chair
Submit ur phone madam for gud 8 hours
With a salary of 25k
Lol
In fact u need to see d anger and sorrow of d teachers in DAT sch bf u can conclude
Ds one Don pass more than day slavery
almost all the teachers resigned after the last session except for two which is extremely bad.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by jabojafa(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
Crystalclara:
op I feel u....
even banks dont their staff to switch off phones.
Re: Please Advice Is This Job Or Poverty!!!!!!!!! by Pureheart91(m): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2016
the sure way in excelling in our generation is thru an IDEA...just 1 Idea wud change u n ur posterity career.
But, dere are lots of buisness minded Men n Women out dere,which wud make excessive competition a barrier to sucess..
This iz where u need him..God! Yes u do; remember the stoory of Hannah in the bible, u can do better..
All u need is shut ur door, get personal wid God, (hey! Dont go asking him questions or bringin up irrelevant issues) just talk to him as ur heavenly father, surrender ur heart to him and tell him u need his guardance and directives on what to do.....dats all.. Very Easy..

NB: for effective prayer
a)Confess ur sins and repent from dem
b)Forgive any wrongdoing from any man
c)trust not in any man, but only on God
d)apply your faith into doing that buisness no matter how small
e)when blessed, never forget God and seek to bless the poor around u.

THATS ALL! The secret of sucessidn in that buisness idea is in ur hands, use it now.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Workforce Group, 29th June, 2018 / MainOne (Orange Group) Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / Federal Fire Service Past Questions & Answers Download PDF Below

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.