Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Solar Vs Inverter - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Solar Vs Inverter (6523 Views)

Solar Market: Online stores vs our deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Vs Inverter by lovelin1993(m): 2:51am On Sep 14, 2016
House pls help me with this two stuff cos dnt knw what to go for
1.wch one is more good and preferably to go for
2.the cost of the two.
3.if its solar or inverter wch power shud i go for?
4.wch one is more powerful..tnks
Re: Solar Vs Inverter by emmy4lov(m): 3:23am On Sep 14, 2016
lovelin1993:
2.the cost of the two.
first a solar system Should coninsist of an inverter.

Solar panels provider electrical energy which are stored in batteries and the energy in the batteries are converted to electricity for you home by an inverter.

So your inverter needs a source of power which can be from solar or PHCN..

Answer to your question above

1. Solar is best coz you complely go off grid with a well designed solar system and need not to relay on PHCN or Generator to charge ur batteries.

2. Solar system is more expensive. I can't give you a precise figure because it depends on the no of loads you are powering.

3. Your budget will should determine that.

4. Which is more powerful.? The quality the system depends on the type batteries and inverter you are buying and how robust ur design is.

I hope it help...
Re: Solar Vs Inverter by solarview(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2016
lovelin1993:
2.the cost of the two.

Here are the breakdown for a better understanding/choice making.

Inverter Vs Solar.

Inverter system is a system that consists of an INVERTER and BATTERY. Such a system must have a power source of either PHCN and, or Generator set.
When there a power supply from either of the above mentioned power sources, the inverter will store the energy from the source in to the battery ( process called -charging) and stores it as reserved energy (DC-power).
When the power supply from the source- PHCN/Gen. goes off, the inverter changes mode and starts taking from the reserved DC -power in the battery and converts (inverts) it into AC -power that is usable by your home appliances.

SOLAR POWER SYSTEM: This system is another power supply source which comes from Sun light (photons). With the help of photovoltaic (PV) cell or Solar panels you can use the light from the sun to charge your battery. Even without Generator or PHCN. But in day time. The system typically consist of, Solar panels, charge controller, inverter and BATTERY. So if you have an Inverter system before you can as well up grade it to solar power system.

NOW some advantage of solar power system among other are..

1) You don't pay for it apart from the initial installation cost.
2) No noise pollution and you are fully in charge of your power system.
3) Rest of mind which only can be explained only when you have the system and you would get to appreciate technology advancement more.
4) Your Constant basic energy needs would be taking care of and more depending on the size and capacity of your installation.
5) you can up grade from one capacity to another.
First hand rule is that the initial installation cost is high between 450-600 naira and more per wattage depending on your location, product /make and capacity to be installed etc. And more so lways note that the ordinary ELECTRICIAN is not same as Solar engineer. We have got many clients making that mistake.

Inverter is good... among other reasons :
When there's constant power supply in your area that can always charge your battery to last you through power outage period. It's only a very few places that can boast of this in Nigeria presently and even at that it's sustainability can not be certain.

2) when cost is considered more than availability of constant supply.

So if you can. ...go for solar because that's where the future is helding to... And you will be glad you did.

Hope this was helpful and you could as well ask any questions of concern. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Solar Vs Inverter by melvyano: 10:34am On Sep 20, 2016
Zinox Technologies Limited the makers of Zinox Computers are the makers of premier digital hybrid solar inverter systems. kindly contact 08031813497 for more discussions.

Re: Solar Vs Inverter by jaz(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2017
How much would it cost to power 2 1hp borehole water pumps round the clock
Re: Solar Vs Inverter by ultrazone(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
The truth is that solar is the way forward in Nigeria. I hope my country get to a stage when we can start looking into renewable energy sources as opposed to the problems that come with refining crude oil. God bless Nigeria.

Solar inverters in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

hp 640g2 i7 6th gen for sale / New Hp Pro Book 4540s Intel Core I3,fingerprint , 84k / ***Sold*** Distress sale; HP Pavilion 15 PC | Core I3 |1T/8GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.