Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. (7270 Views)

Strike: ASUU Hopeful Of Fruitful Meeting With FG On Monday / Strike: ASUU Postpones Branch Congress / FG Delaying End To Strike – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has no plans to commence an interim strike on October 2, an official has said.
The Chairman of the University of Abuja chapter of ASUU, Ben Ugheoke, told PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday that he was wrongly quoted on a planned strike.

The News Agency of Nigeria had quoted Mr. Ugheoke on Tuesday as saying the lecturers’ strike would commence next month.
In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday, Mr. Ugheoke told said he never gave such statement to the NAN reporter.
“A certain reporter in NAN is responsible for this damage,” he said. “As a result of this falsified report, I am facing a panel later tonight from ASUU National body.”
The university don said he had asked for a rebuttal of the story since it was published.
“I have reached out to the NAN reporter and he told me it was a mix-up. He also begged me to save his job,”
he said.
In the report widely circulated by Nigerian media, the government news agency quoted the don as saying ASUU was to embark on a one-week warning strike from October 2.

The report also said a full blown strike was planned for November if the federal government failed to meet the demands from its negotiations with ASUU in 2009 and 2013.
The report also highlighted that the federal government was yet to provide funds for the Universities NEEDS Assessment and the facilitation of the registration of the Nigerian Universities Pension Management Company, NUPEMCO.
Speaking on ASUU, Mr. Ugheoke said the union had been sensitizing the public on its stance on national issues and university education.
“We have had zonal press conferences. Abuja zone had its own on August 31, 2016. Although I was present, the event was anchored by the zonal coordinator, Theophilus Lagi,”
he told PREMIUM TIMES.
“During the event, we listed all the things we have been trying to get the federal government to look into.
“This we did so that the general public can be made aware of what we are doing and the current state of things between ASUU and the federal government.
“We have never given a date for any form of strike, whether warning strike or full blown strike. There was nothing like a date fixed for a strike,”
he said.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/210380-no-plan-strike-ASUU-assures-nigerians.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Jafar1: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
LETS JOIN HANDS AND FIGHT CORRUPTION

CORRUPTION THAT WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING SINCE INDEPENDENCE,

I WONDER HOW STRONG THIS CORRUPTION IS THAT FIGHT A WHOLE NATION ALONE

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Zainey338: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

3 Likes

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by herzern(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2016
National Assembly should pass this bill into law...

"NO WORK....NO PAY"

for these Universities Lecturers....

They earn a lot......yet any little scuff....They resort to strike hence leavinq innocent students at the recievinq ends....

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by MKO4ever(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2016
sammyomal:
The News Agency of Nigeria had quoted Mr. Ugheoke on Tuesday as saying the lecturers’ strike would commence next month.
In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday, Mr. Ugheoke told said he never gave such statement to the NAN reporter.
“A certain reporter in NAN is responsible for this damage,” he said. “As a result of this falsified report, I am facing a panel later tonight from ASUU National body.”
The university don said he had asked for a rebuttal of the story since it was published.
“I have reached out to the NAN reporter and he told me it was a mix-up. He also begged me to save his job,” he said.
In the report widely circulated by Nigerian media, the government news agency quoted the don as saying ASUU was to embark on a one-week warning strike from October 2.
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by herzern(m): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2016

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Sep 15, 2016
EFCC shud also probe this asun abi na ASUU. all the monies them collect from GEJ wetin dem use am do. ehn.

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by myners007: 7:26am On Sep 15, 2016
No plan to strike after collecting Egunje. naija we too much

4 Likes

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by saintkel(m): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2016
Ofcos, we don't need strike from ASSU now abeg

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by osborn442(m): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2016
Even if they go on strike, Nigerian's will not be surprised because that is always what they resort to for dispute resolution with little or no end result, leaving the students at the receiving end...

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by raebox: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2016
anyways. anyhow
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2016
MAY GOD HELP US...
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by raebox: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2016
ednut1:
EFCC shud also probe this asun abi na ASUU. all the monies them collect from GEJ wetin dem use am do. ehn.
DEM USE AM PLANT FLAWA

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by docmajor: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2016
The ASUU chiefs has been remanded of their past looting records. Who are they not to laylow...like labour chiefs undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by agwom(m): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2016
ok
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Toluwani113: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2016
Nigerian news will always get part 2
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Unsad(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Mtcheeew
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Kaybee14(m): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2016
It's better you're quoted wrongly. I do hope Nigeria's education system would come out from this mess soon.
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by sirworlex: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2016
that's better... say no to ASUU strike
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by GoldenJAT(m): 7:42am On Sep 15, 2016
none of my business!!!!na my younger ones 1 pity sha
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by fratermathy(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2016
When I said it, they doubted. ASUU doesn't go on strikes just like that. There are protocols involved. One dude was even asking me if I was ASUU chairman.

Thank God the misconception has been cleared.

10 Likes

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by giftft(f): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2016
They born you well, to go strike now, in this govt, this tyrant?
Try it!!!
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Cubeet2: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2016
They already know the kinda wicked government now on board. They even risk being Sacked
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by tete7000(m): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2016
Jafar1:
LETS JOIN HANDS AND FIGHT CORRUPTION

CORRUPTION THAT WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING SINCE INDEPENDENCE,

I WONDER HOW STRONG THIS CORRUPTION IS THAT FIGHT A WHOLE NATION ALONE

But I hope you know that it is also corruption when politicians told us to patronise home made good but our president seek medical treatment abroad and also vacate there. Infact in his words: 'I have been using my doctor in uk since 1978 when I was in petroleum' To be sincere with you our leaders inability to walk their talk is main corruption we have in the land. A CNN journalist asked the president in the heat of forex debacle while he expects Nigerians to school at home while his children go abroad and his answer was 'I can afford it'. So why won't many others too steal to afford the foreign lifestyle their president enjoys and flaunts on social media? There is too much hypocrisy in our governance. That is the corruption... Lies, deceit, et al.

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by fineyemi(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2016
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Ikigia: 8:12am On Sep 15, 2016
The rate bad news spread.......all is well
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by adedayo3193(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2016
Zainey338:
Hello every one, how are you? smiley

wots up zainey
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Thobiy(m): 8:43am On Sep 15, 2016
Hmmn and they will still go on strike... undecided
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Slimszy: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2016
herzern:
National Assembly should pass this bill into law...

"NO WORK....NO PAY"

for these Universities Lecturers....

They earn a lot......yet any little scuff....They resort to strike hence leavinq innocent students at the recievinq ends....
So easy to bash when u aint involved... I hope you get denied of your working entitlements someday and i see how you react

2 Likes

Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by JonSnow(m): 9:12am On Sep 15, 2016
Strike. Who cares?
Re: No Plan To Strike, ASUU Assures Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2016
JonSnow:
Strike. Who cares?
Nigerian Students.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Pictures Nigerian Students Return To School First Time In 6 Months / Don't Kill Yourself. Check These Relieving Animal Photos. / Lagos State University 2nd Batch Admission List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.