Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) (39385 Views)

Huawei P20 Pro Leaked Specifications; To Get 40mp, 20mp And 8mp Triple Cameras / 11 Android Phone Specifications To Check Before Buying It / 11 Android Specifications To Check Out For Before Buying A New Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by Shiifi(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ummm op dey take style market iphone 7
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by DONSMITH123(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
TeAmData34:
[s]Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles since 2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/Whatsapp/SMS bellow

To check balance before or after purchase,
For MTN, dial *461*6#
For Etisalat, dial *229*9#
For Airtel, dial *123*57#
For Glo, dial  *127*0#‎

To purchase any of our data bundle, follow these easy steps;
Data Bundle Prices are listed at the bottom of post;
1. Choose data plan you want to buy.

MTN
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

GLO
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

ETISALAT
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

AIRTEL 
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS .[/s]

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by tsmat(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
kennygee:
What ever u do, don't buy an Itel phone. You will just cry.
guy: wetin do me if I use itel ?
friend: are u baby goating me!!!
grin
kennygee:
guy: wetin do me if I use itel ?
friend: are u baby goating me!!!
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by jokerphilics(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
kaen1317:
person dey hungry una dey talk android specification
And u see hand press fone. Hunger Neva wire u

3 Likes

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by psalmuel27: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Chillinmasoul:
angry angry angry angryAngel don't go around coping people's blog post without paying proper credits...[size=15pt]Source[/size]
your own angel na to dey copy another person topic. photocopy angel
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by killzone(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
hmm
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by rattlesnake(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
some maggarts are still talking about phone shocked shocked shocked
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by ibro360(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
12.Magnetic /proximity sensor
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Your No. 9 is over rated...
Lol please unquote the whole posor at least only quote the no 9 in questiom
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by Dandsome: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
Talking about the camera and battery, then the Tecno C9 and L8+ should come to mind respectively
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by 247Dior(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
TeAmData34:
Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles since 2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/Whatsapp/SMS bellow

To check balance before or after purchase,
For MTN, dial *461*6#
For Etisalat, dial *229*9#
For Airtel, dial *123*57#
For Glo, dial  *127*0#‎

To purchase any of our data bundle, follow these easy steps;
Data Bundle Prices are listed at the bottom of post;
1. Choose data plan you want to buy.

MTN
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

GLO
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

ETISALAT
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

AIRTEL 
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS .
no contact details?
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by chi4ik4(m): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
kennygee:
supported

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by chi4ik4(m): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
kennygee:
supported

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by RUDEBOYY(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Please I have a techno canon c8 for... Still very neat. For just 25k.
If interested call or what's app me on 070****.
I'm in onitsha anambra state.
Thanks.
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by SarahGee: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Please what is the cheapest Android phone I can buy in this period....a budget size of #12,000 to #15,000. Please I need suggestions. Thank you for your feedback
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by dmgr(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
kennygee:
the phone delt wit u big tym abi?
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by jerryspear(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
itel gushh i cant imagine myself usin dat

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by dmgr(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
tecno,infinx,gionee wich1 shuld i go for?
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by Worksunlimited: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Flashh:

How is that overrated? Who would still want to be charging phone for 3-4 hours in this era?

If you don't know, it's part of the selling point in smartphones these days. That's the reason it was included on that list.

BTW, you don't have to quote that post.

Oga! Why are u crying more than the bereaved...

At least display some form of control over your emotions before u mumu yourself...

That been said...

First of all.. Delete that idea that u wait 3-4 hours to get a full charge using a non flash charging scheme... All u need is an original charger with an output of 1.8A at least and u would get a full charge within the same charge time frame as the flash charging...

Secondly.. I use a hot note with a charger that doesn't provide me with a flash charge and i haven't had a reason to miss the flashcharging feature available on my device...
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by sheddy03: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
my infinix note 2 meets all stated conditions. its so smooth, am enjoying every second of handling it.
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by cepha4: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
iPhone is d way forward
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by Elxandre(m): 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Oga! Why are u crying more than the bereaved...

At least display some form of control over your emotions before u mumu yourself...

That been said...

First of all.. Delete that idea that u wait 3-4 hours to get a full charge using a non flash charging scheme... All u need is an original charger with an output of 1.8A at least and u would get a full charge within the same charge time frame as the flash charging...

Secondly.. I use a hot note with a charger that doesn't provide me with a flash charge and i haven't had a reason to miss the flashcharging feature available on my device...
The Infinix hot note charger charges to 100% in less than 2 hours.

There's no way in the world a 1.8A charger can achieve that!
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by Worksunlimited: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Elxandre:

The Infinix hot note charger charges to 100% in less than 2 hours.

There's no way in the world a 1.8A charger can achieve that!

I hear you... Let's leave it at that then...
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by joenor(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Pls I was told there are many phone that are more sophisticated, that Techno and some other phone like infinix and some others, Can you break down the best.
BlindAngel:
This is a very important aspect of phone pre- purchase tips. Let it be known to you that its very dangerous not checking out if a phone fits the bill before purchase, this mistake could go a long way to haunt you. So here’s my advice for you, before buying a phone make sure you’ve checked for its specifications to ensure they actually comply with what am about to uncover below.

IMPORTANT ANDROID SPECIFICATIONS TO LOOK OUT FOR BEFORE BUYING A NEW PHONE

1. Screen Size/Resolution
This is the size of the device’s screen. It is most likely measured in inches or cm/mm. Are you a fan of large screen phone, then you should be looking at a device in the range or larger than 5.5/6.0 Inches.

2. Android OS
Make sure it’s running on the most recent version of Android OS. As at the time of this writing, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) should be your minimum target though Lollipop ain’t bad either, just make sure it has OTA update to receive latest Android updates.
3. Camera Pixels (Front & Rear)

We are all about the power of our cameras, taking high definition selfies. So make sure your front facing camera is up to the task, the rear should also be a monster. You should be looking at a device in the range of… (Minimum: Front=5MP & Rear=8MP) If you so love snapping pictures at night then consider buying a phone with dual lead light, going
for double lead rear camera light is perfect even though some single lead camera phone could appear brighter.
4. Battery Capacity

In a country like Nigeria with rapid decadence in electricity, it’s very paramount you don’t overlook this. The capacity of your phone should be nothing less than 4000mAh unless you want to go about carrying a power bank. 3000mAh battery capacity is manageable though.

5. Network Type
This is optional but important if you’re looking to the future of Naija telecommunication providers. Our mobile network providers can only provide max 3.75G internet speed. Having a device that can power 4G connection is way cooler and a plus considering the fact that it will in future cover for incoming 4G LTE network. With Ntel about to roll out its 4G connection in selected states , don’t be left behind.
6. Processor Speed
This covers the response behaviour of your phone apps and services. If you’re the type that enjoys playing high graphics games then you should endeavour to go for a minimum of 1.4GHz. (Hexacore or Octacore)
7. RAM
Don’t hesitate to get a device with minimum of 2GB Ram. With that, you can run more apps & services at once without experiencing a crash or your phone hanging unnecessarily.
8. Storage Capacity
Internal storage capacity of your phone should be at least 16GB and expandable with SD card. With this you can install more apps plus save more pictures, documents, videos and music.
9. Quick Charging Feature (Flash Charge)

Phones are recently built with ‘Quick Charge’, this features allows you to be able to charge your phone quicker and faster using a ‘Quick Charge’ charger. In addition to the specs above, your desired Android phone will be much more complete with such feature. I’m really enjoying it here, writing from experience.

10.OTA Update
Why get a device without OTA updates? It can be very frustrating seeing you friend get firmware updates on his/her device and you not getting, don’t make the mistake. Make sure you confirm that
that phone will constantly receive updates to firmware, services and functionality before making a purchase.
11. Weight
The larger its screen, the heavier. The larger its battery capacity, the heavier… I can’t be specific about this, however, make sure you variedly compare all properties before buying. Some devices
can be annoyingly heavy so ensure to check its weight before buying. These are just written based on what the market looks like at the time of writing. There are so many other basic functionalities your Android phone must poses of which I don’t want to take too much time to emphasize on. Don’t make silly mistakes, go for devices that can stand the test of time, go for devices that can at least not fade off easily in a year or more. Don’t forget to share this article on your social media, it could help someone out there in picking the right device.

https://naijaknowhow.com/blog/top-11-android-specifications-to-look-out-for-before-buying-a-new-phone-2016/
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by stonekc(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2016
op thanks a lot but with all dis specification give examples of fones with such features and specificaton ranging from 25k upwards thanks alot.
BlindAngel:
This is a very important aspect of phone pre- purchase tips. Let it be known to you that its very dangerous not checking out if a phone fits the bill before purchase, this mistake could go a long way to haunt you. So here’s my advice for you, before buying a phone make sure you’ve checked for its specifications to ensure they actually comply with what am about to uncover below.

IMPORTANT ANDROID SPECIFICATIONS TO LOOK OUT FOR BEFORE BUYING A NEW PHONE

1. Screen Size/Resolution
This is the size of the device’s screen. It is most likely measured in inches or cm/mm. Are you a fan of large screen phone, then you should be looking at a device in the range or larger than 5.5/6.0 Inches.

2. Android OS
Make sure it’s running on the most recent version of Android OS. As at the time of this writing, Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) should be your minimum target though Lollipop ain’t bad either, just make sure it has OTA update to receive latest Android updates.
3. Camera Pixels (Front & Rear)

We are all about the power of our cameras, taking high definition selfies. So make sure your front facing camera is up to the task, the rear should also be a monster. You should be looking at a device in the range of… (Minimum: Front=5MP & Rear=8MP) If you so love snapping pictures at night then consider buying a phone with dual lead light, going
for double lead rear camera light is perfect even though some single lead camera phone could appear brighter.
4. Battery Capacity

In a country like Nigeria with rapid decadence in electricity, it’s very paramount you don’t overlook this. The capacity of your phone should be nothing less than 4000mAh unless you want to go about carrying a power bank. 3000mAh battery capacity is manageable though.

5. Network Type
This is optional but important if you’re looking to the future of Naija telecommunication providers. Our mobile network providers can only provide max 3.75G internet speed. Having a device that can power 4G connection is way cooler and a plus considering the fact that it will in future cover for incoming 4G LTE network. With Ntel about to roll out its 4G connection in selected states , don’t be left behind.
6. Processor Speed
This covers the response behaviour of your phone apps and services. If you’re the type that enjoys playing high graphics games then you should endeavour to go for a minimum of 1.4GHz. (Hexacore or Octacore)
7. RAM
Don’t hesitate to get a device with minimum of 2GB Ram. With that, you can run more apps & services at once without experiencing a crash or your phone hanging unnecessarily.
8. Storage Capacity
Internal storage capacity of your phone should be at least 16GB and expandable with SD card. With this you can install more apps plus save more pictures, documents, videos and music.
9. Quick Charging Feature (Flash Charge)

Phones are recently built with ‘Quick Charge’, this features allows you to be able to charge your phone quicker and faster using a ‘Quick Charge’ charger. In addition to the specs above, your desired Android phone will be much more complete with such feature. I’m really enjoying it here, writing from experience.

10.OTA Update
Why get a device without OTA updates? It can be very frustrating seeing you friend get firmware updates on his/her device and you not getting, don’t make the mistake. Make sure you confirm that
that phone will constantly receive updates to firmware, services and functionality before making a purchase.
11. Weight
The larger its screen, the heavier. The larger its battery capacity, the heavier… I can’t be specific about this, however, make sure you variedly compare all properties before buying. Some devices
can be annoyingly heavy so ensure to check its weight before buying. These are just written based on what the market looks like at the time of writing. There are so many other basic functionalities your Android phone must poses of which I don’t want to take too much time to emphasize on. Don’t make silly mistakes, go for devices that can stand the test of time, go for devices that can at least not fade off easily in a year or more. Don’t forget to share this article on your social media, it could help someone out there in picking the right device.

https://naijaknowhow.com/blog/top-11-android-specifications-to-look-out-for-before-buying-a-new-phone-2016/
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by FroshPapie(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
kennygee:
Lol..........wahala

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by tuetaraya(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
What about price of screen, if the parts are avaliable in the market. This is very important.

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by vokes247: 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Your No. 9 is over rated...
No I totally disagree. If you've used a phone that charges for up to 5 hours before fully charged, then you'll appreciate no. 9
cheesy
Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by vokes247: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
stonekc:
op thanks a lot but with all dis specification give examples of fones with such features and specificaton ranging from 25k upwards thanks alot.
Sorry!! but with all the features mentioned above you'll a budget minimum of 40k upwards

1 Like

Re: 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) by defemidefemi(m): 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
BlindAngel please could you mention at least 3 top phones (excluding the IPhone or samsung) that fits most of the criteria listed? I am one of those who needs to switch to an Android enabled phone on or before December. Thanks
infinix note 2 or note 3

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Charge Your Phone By Shouting At It / Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search / N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.