Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

I Need Help Again - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help Again (581 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Again by chux76(m): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2009
Hi Y'all
I am back again with another problem.
After i formatted my laptop and got it working perfectly,i couldn't get the key to activate the vista.I used the key on the basic OS that i installed but it wouldn't work,I later installed Vista Ultimate and still the key wouldn't work. What can i do as i have 26days before it expires.
Tnx
Re: I Need Help Again by netotse(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2009
chux76:

Hi Y'all
I am back again with another problem.
After i formatted my laptop and got it working perfectly,i couldn't get the key to activate the vista.I used the key on the basic OS that i installed but it wouldn't work,I later installed Vista Ultimate and still the key wouldn't work. What can i do as i have 26days before it expires.
Tnx

i had a similar prob and the guys on this forum helped me so i guess am obligated to help you!

which OS was on the laptop b4 u formatted it?

there should be a sticker with a key on the bottom of the laptop, and on the sticker it should say the OS the key is for, thats the OS you should install on the computer cos that key is tied to that computer so even if u run WGA(windows validation) you wont have a problem with the activation, the key for ultimate wont work on another other vista flavour, so if it was home premium that was on it b4 then its only home premium that'll work with the key and if it was home basic, still the same thing. . .best of luck

P.S. if the post doesnt make sense just holla and i'll try and be a bit more clear but i'm in a bit of a hurry now,
Re: I Need Help Again by chux76(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2009
The laptop is a used laptop i bought some time ago,so it did not come with the original OS cd,but there is a key at the bottom of the laptop. Do you mean if i run a basic vista OS( pirated as we know),would the key under the lappy work for it being that the OS is not the original OS?

Tnx
Re: I Need Help Again by netotse(m): 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
what i meant is that if its a legal copy u want then u shld install the OS thats specified on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop and use the key there, it'll be legal

microsoft has no way of knowing whether u used an otigba CD or not, its the key that is used that tells them whether it's likely to be fake or not
Re: I Need Help Again by joys24: 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2009
i no how u can unlock it and use it 4 ever, i ve d code with me. 08054114773

(1) (Reply)

Are You Too Busy To Attend A Computer Training Class? / Vista / Hello Guyz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.