Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

Neuro-psychiatric Hospital Admitted 2,000 Patients In 9 Months - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Neuro-psychiatric Hospital Admitted 2,000 Patients In 9 Months (623 Views)

How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor / Neuro-psychiatric Hospital Aro, Ranked As Nigeria’s Best Hospital, 6th In Africa / Lady Who Offered Car-for-marriage Admitted In Psychiatric Hospital In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neuro-psychiatric Hospital Admitted 2,000 Patients In 9 Months by ichommy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
The Provost/Chief Medical Director, Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Dr. Adegboyega Ogunlesi, on Thursday, said that the hospital in the last nine months had recorded 2,000 fresh cases for various mental illnesses.

Ogunlesi advocated decentralisation of psychiatric health facilities in the country that would involve people at the grassroots. He said this in Abeokuta, at a press conference to mark the 2009 World Mental-Health Day campaign, that the hospital might likely record about 3,000 patients before the end of the year.

The provost contended that mental health treatment needed to be built into the nation’s primary health care system since the majority of the nation’s population resided in the rural areas where there was no access to medical facilities.

He said: “This is one of the challenges of the modern day psychiatric system; that’s the delivery of mental health services at the grassroots. The centralisation of psychiatric treatment further compounds the stigmatisation of the patients, as people will know everyone that seeks treatment in the federal establishments. So, we don’t want more of the central hospitals.”
http://www.tribune.com.ng/09102009/news/news19.html

do you reall love me JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1787754774&ref=profile

(1) (Reply)

I Need Urgent Help Plz! / Potato Is Not Ideal For Men / Brain Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.