Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,132 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

FRSC Speed Limiting Device - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Speed Limiting Device (2385 Views)

How Much Is The Frsc Speed Limiting Device? / Frsc Speed Limiters, Deadline, 31st January 2017. / Reps Panel Okays Frsc’s Speed Limiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Speed Limiting Device by chudionu58(f): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good evening dear nairalanders, please I need some vital piece of information on the newly introduced speed limiting device by the FRSC on the following;
1. How it can be acquired and Installed
2. The cost of acquisition
3. The categories of vehicles that it covers and
4. Deadline for purchase.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by wree91: 10:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
For now it is only for commercial vehicles
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by chudionu58(f): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
wree91:
For now it is only for commercial vehicles
Thanks, but is both intra and inter city? and what about the price.
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by maryjan8(f): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ok
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by Larryjay4u: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
There are so many speed limiting devices in town. Prices ranges from 35k to 40k. But there is a company I know that has a device that can do both tracking and speed limiting at the same time. There devices can also do fuel monitoring, listening to conversation etc. Price is 50k for one off installation. No monthly or yearly pay. The name is Tramigo. Call one of their staff on 07065245534 to get more info

1 Like

Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by shadeyinka(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Two types:
One with Tracker: N50-120k
Without Tracker: N30-40k

FRSC has about 26 agents and distributors. You can find some of them online. Their headquarters are mainly in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt but they may have centers in other state capitals.

Careful, don't just install just any limiters make sure you collect from them the FRSC certification signed by the corp Marshall else, you just wasted your money.
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by chudionu58(f): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Larryjay4u:
There are so many speed limiting devices in town. Prices ranges from 35k to 40k. But there is a company I know that has a device that can do both tracking and speed limiting at the same time. There devices can also do fuel monitoring, listening to conversation etc. Price is 50k for one off installation. No monthly or yearly pay. The name is Tramigo. Call one of their staff on 07065245534 to get more info
Hmmmmm.It's very expensive o, which category of commercial vehicle? Taxis, Buses, "Hummer", Lorries and please is it for intra or intercity??
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by chudionu58(f): 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hmmmmm.It's very expensive o, which category of commercial vehicle? Taxis, Buses, "Hummer", Lorries and please is it for intra or intercity??
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by Larryjay4u: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
chudionu58:

It actually work on all vehicles. The price is very reasonable considering you get both speed limiting and tracking in one device. You can't get that price for any device with such capabilities elsewhere. Remember no subscription too
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by chudionu58(f): 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
You mean an average rickety intracity taxis and buses would cough out such an amount? When is the deadline for enforcement.
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by shadeyinka(m): 4:02am On Sep 16, 2016
chudionu58:

The same limiter works for all.
It limits your max speed to 100 km/hr AND
Records your vehicle speed for the last 3days for forensic purposes
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by leofab(f): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2016
Ok
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by lonelydora: 5:53am On Sep 16, 2016
I am skeptical about this 'speed limiter' since it was introduced. For most of us highway travelers, what happens in the case of an going robbery (God forbid) and you want to escape?

I have been chased by robbers in a Golf 3 car along Enugu - Okigwe route some years back. Thank God for my V6 engine. What if I have the speed limiter installed, what would have happened?

I'm just scared abiut this whole thing shaa.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by Larryjay4u: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2016
chudionu58:
You mean an average rickety intracity taxis and buses would cough out such an amount? When is the deadline for enforcement.

I think the main concern is with inter city buses. Intra city buses may not have the luxury of over speeding. All the same, the beauty and security is more than the cost
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by Larryjay4u: 10:31am On Sep 16, 2016
lonelydora:
I am skeptical about this 'speed limiter' since it was introduced. For most of us highway travelers, what happens in the case of an going robbery (God forbid) and you want to escape?

I have been chased by robbers in a Golf 3 car along Enugu - Okigwe route some years back. Thank God for my V6 engine. What if I have the speed limiter installed, what would have happened?

The focus is on commercial buses not private vehicles. Individuals that install it can increase the limit above the official 100km/hr for highways

1 Like

Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by hylyne(m): 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Feel free to contact us for FRSC CERTIFIED SPEED LIMITERS of all kinds.
We can supply and also install for u, at a very affordable price.
08032482995... cheers...
Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by newbornmacho(m): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
lonelydora:

Our leaders are dullards. This same device is being phased out in many countries and they want to bring it here, meanwhile poverty is beating the sh..t out of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by Bmedels26(f): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
chudionu58:
Thanks, but is both intra and inter city? and what about the price.

Re: FRSC Speed Limiting Device by kYjelly2: 9:46am On Feb 25, 2017
lonelydora:

don't mind them.

I will never ever, ever ever, get that bullshhh, like wtf

my mums car was shot at back in the day when she was coming from Delta to Lagos and the driver had to form full James Bond (all glory to God).

So they are telling me that, if I am fleeing for my life, my car will now clock full speed at 80-100km/hr

God forbid!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Many Years Driving Experience Do I Need To Drive From Abuja To Ibadan / I Need Sienna For Hire Purchase/weekly Remittances For Transportation / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.