Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

When Was The Last Time You Checked The Fluid Level? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When Was The Last Time You Checked The Fluid Level? (476 Views)

Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) / Questions To Ask Your Mechanic Next Time You Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Checked The Fluid Level? by MeAgain(m): 2:22am On Sep 16, 2016
Being a leader can sometimes lead to complacency. This time, my experience. I've always ensured that my vehicles are in top condition. However, small routines on the vehicles are often omitted. From time to time, I do this, even if I do not want to.

A few days earlier, I subjected my SUV to the usual Lagos rush hour traffic. The car performed without issues. The next day, I was about to go out. Reluctantly, I checked the fluid levels. The brake oil - OK, Engine oil - OK, radiator coolant level - NOK. In fact, there were no coolant in the radiator. Of course this is bad. As it could lead to overheating problems. I went ahead to check other fluid levels. Power Steering oil - OK, Transmission oil - OK.

Now, the troubleshooting begins. It is worthy of note that cooling system issues are one of the most difficult to trace in vehicles without the right tools.

I got the diagnostic/testing kit out. Filled the radiator with water (testing purpose) and applied pressure via the diagnostics tool. Pressure was dropping. This indicates a leak. Now, where was it leaking. With the pressure ON, a visual check revealed where. A small hose taking coolant into the engine block under the engine hood was bad. In order words, the coolant was leaking under the vehicle.

For every connecting hose, there is a clip. Over-time (years), this hose has become weak from under the constant pressure from the clip and hot coolant. Since we identified the location within 15 minutes, the hose was changed and a new clip installed. It was tested again and the pressure was stable.

Then Jokingly, I asked my technician, without this diagnostic kit, how long does he think it would have taken him to solve, he said Oga, "e for hard oh. but I go eventually get am"

In order words, It would have taken him, some expensive trial and errors before the issue is resolved. That is, if the over-heating issue does not get out of hand. Furthermore, the location of the hose and high temperature, would have made it extremely difficult for him to find, leading to highly dissatisfied customers.

With simple routine checks, and the patronage of the Auto companies with the right tools, averts an otherwise expensive repairs.

I have just been "Standisk AutoTech-ED" How about you? For more articles [url][/http://www.fixyourcarng1.com/when-was-the-last-time-you-checked-the-fiuld-level/]

Feel free to navigate this blog for more insightful messages on your vehicle.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas Okorocha Presentscar Gifts To Victorious Paralympics Gold Medali / Dino Melaye Buys N180m Rolls Royce As Nigerians Struggle To Feed Daily / Who Offers The Best Car Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.