Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

A Confused Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Confused Programmer (2340 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Confused Programmer by nurain150(m): 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
Am very confused, i want to develop my blog.And i want to use html css and js.so i can handle project my own.But i was advised to use wordpress theme.But in a case where only html and css and js will save me at work..which should i go for
Re: A Confused Programmer by AntiWailer: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
nurain150:
Am very confused, i want to develop my blog.And i want to use html css and js.so i can handle project my own.But i was advised to use wordpress theme.But in a case where only html and css and js will save me at work..which should i go for

First u have to admit that u are not a programmer.

The confusion will disappear.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Confused Programmer by bot101(m): 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
AntiWailer:

grin grin cruel truth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Confused Programmer by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2016
Wetin concern developing from scratch and WordPress theme?.
Mehn use WordPress,blogger,tumblr or mywapblog..
Save your self the stress...,,I don't think I can waist my time to create blog from scratch...,

2 Likes

Re: A Confused Programmer by Dermie: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
nurain150:

Just jump into your Wordpress file directory. As a programmer, you should be able to locate where to edit/add the necessary HTML, CSS and Javascript commands you need your blog/website to follow.

You don't necessarily need to reinvent the wheel, unless Wordpress won't be of help to you. But, once you get comfortable with Wordpress, you can make it function to your taste.
Re: A Confused Programmer by VenantCode(m): 9:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dermie:

Just jump into your Wordpress file directory. As a programmer, you should be able to locate where to edit/add the necessary HTML, CSS and Javascript commands you need your blog/website to follow.

You don't necessarily need to reinvent the wheel, unless Wordpress won't be of help to you. But, once you get comfortable with Wordpress, you can make it function to your taste.
Business-wise that would be very good as you save time and energy. But if your aim is to be a very good software engineer, it would be very detrimental to your growth.

3 Likes

Re: A Confused Programmer by nurain150(m): 9:25am On Sep 18, 2016
AntiWailer:

i am a programmer ,but i have worked with web dev a longtime,at same time i want to revise html css js php..but in my case,there is no how i can make my blog as wordpresa
Re: A Confused Programmer by AntiWailer: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2016
nurain150:

i am a programmer ,but i have worked with web dev a longtime,at same time i want to revise html css js php..but in my case,there is no how i can make my blog as wordpresa

I insist you are not a programer. The earlier you realize the better for you. grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Confused Programmer by nurain150(m): 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
AntiWailer:

I insist you are not a programer. The earlier you realize the better for you. grin grin grin

I program in C.I know little of java php and html js........so if u say so give me a reason
Re: A Confused Programmer by AntiWailer: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2016
nurain150:

I program in C.I know little of java php and html js........so if u say so give me a reason

Wat exactly have u done with c, little java , php etc.

I can also speak 200 languages.

Including French cos I can say Bonjour.

7 Likes

Re: A Confused Programmer by lapulgaatomica(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
AntiWailer:

lol...ika, you are very sharp but decided to be blunt with him

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
little java... grin grin grin grin grin

And little English... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by Dermie: 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
VenantCode:
Business-wise that would be very good as you save time and energy. But if your aim is to be a very good software engineer, it would be very detrimental to your growth.

Of course, that's why it's necessary one learns to build from scratch before jumping into the use of template or CMS.

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by cbrass(m): 1:00am On Nov 03, 2016
AntiWailer:

Chai this reply is epic, BTW I think you are right

2 Likes

Re: A Confused Programmer by funloaded: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
Its actually a waste of time if you built a blog from scratch..... Get the theme and start publishing..... Writing is ur job not coding....
And please you are not a programmer, is C and C++ related to web programming ?

2 Likes

Re: A Confused Programmer by Greendly(m): 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
funloaded:
Its actually a waste of time if you built a blog from scratch..... Get the theme and start publishing..... Writing is ur job not coding....

oh my KNOCK OUT

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by Greendly(m): 6:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
all this wannabe
Re: A Confused Programmer by worisj(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
funloaded:
Smh so c/c++ can not be used for backend web development or what are you trying to say?
Re: A Confused Programmer by korlahwarleh: 6:23am On Dec 01, 2016
AntiWailer:

you've not offered any help to the OP now. Nawa to you o
Re: A Confused Programmer by AntiWailer: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2016
korlahwarleh:

you've not offered any help to the OP now. Nawa to you o

I helped him to know that he is not a programmer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Confused Programmer by bot101(m): 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
AntiWailer:

I helped him to know that he is not a programmer.

Wicked!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by jidez007: 10:14am On Dec 04, 2016
funloaded:
Chai, so a person that writes C and C++ is not a programmer?
You are even worse than the op.
Re: A Confused Programmer by jidez007: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2016
nurain150:
I will suggest you use WordPress, it is the best blogging platform. Then you can continue improving your web development skills on other projects.
Re: A Confused Programmer by Sibrah: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
nurain150:
If I get you right, you want to build your own blog from scratch using HTML, CSS, and JS but you were adviced to use or build upon WORDPRESS?
Re: A Confused Programmer by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 05, 2016
funloaded:

You are not really right. Most of these languages that we now consider to be web langs are just scripting langs. meant to be interpretted by the engines i.e interpreters, developed in core languages.

For instance, Php was implemented in C, Python in C++, Another version of Python (Jython) was implemented in java.

So there's nothing u can do in any scripting language like Php that can't be done in C/C++ . But who wants to scratch his head dealing with the Assembly/C/C++ hassles, compilation / Assembling for something as trivial as a website ?
Re: A Confused Programmer by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 05, 2016
nurain150:
Lol. A programmer wouldn't ask this kind of question bro ? Why would u waste ur time building a CMS for blog when u can grab any open source CMS, tweak the hell out of it nd focus ur precious time on more meaningful & challenging project ?

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by codest(m): 8:24am On Dec 05, 2016
@op, my advice to u is: If u're just learning how to code or u want to revise n sharpen ur coding skills, then a blog is a perfect application to build for learning purpose, but if ur concern is saving time n how to start making money or whatever from ur blog ASAP, then just use WordPress.

1 Like

Re: A Confused Programmer by Thirdwrist(m): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
AntiWailer:

This your wickedness no get part two...
but nah true sha...

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Java And Javascript / Machine Learning On Nairaland / Please I Want To Learn Spamming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.