Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Fempire - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Fempire (479 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fempire by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 17, 2016
Weak, wet bulging eyes
Nothing could make one this wise
Chose a dagger more than twice
Didn't bring food but flies

Dark, deep muddy space
In search of a shoe lace
Can't find it, yet in a race
Bare footed, with no pace

High king of an empire
Feeds, and called a vampire
Emotions, not blood, a fempire
Emotion feeds from a soul desire

Left with one strategy
Death, when all is lonely
Wish the heart has no photography
Not alone, and the heart is hungry

~ TheAgba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fempire by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
Fempire :
1. A human (or animal) that feeds on emotions.
2. A very or extremely emotional person.

Note: the above is my definition for my coinage.
Re: Fempire by llaykorn: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
Fempire. Is it only a coincidence that the word starts with the prefix fem-? This one is raw; I love it. In the line where you made a remark about the heart's possesion of photography, was that a representation for memory?

TheAgba, your signature kills me. Are you for real, man? shocked
Re: Fempire by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2016
llaykorn:
Fempire. Is it only a coincidence that the word starts with the prefix fem-? This one is raw; I love it. In the line where you made a remark about the heart's possesion of photography, was that a representation for memory?

TheAgba, your signature kills me. Are you for real, man? shocked

You know inspiration sometimes just comes. The source is from the definition, “...Feeds on Emotions“. With that then came the suffix -pire
I'm glad you love it seriously.
Yeah...memory. Those images of the past that pops on even when you don't want them.

Don't mind my signature oh. I could be crazy at times.
Re: Fempire by amberacious: 6:46am On Sep 25, 2016
Jez...... Haven't fully recovered from "penopause" now "fempire". Bro your neologism is out of this world. Did I hear you say you could be crazy atimes? Guess that's you being economical with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Fempire by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
amberacious:
Jez...... Haven't fully recovered from "penopause" now "fempire". Bro your neologism is out of this world. Did I hear you say you could be crazy atimes? Guess that's you being economical with the truth.

Boss, don't make my head too big for my neck to support please. I don't know what to say to you but I wish I could still that part of your brain that drives culture into poetry in a fascinating way.
That aside, I'm a crazy dude. And less I forget, "penopause" isn't my coinage. I might just be the first to use it as a title. Let me not steal another man's glory.
Happy Sunday boss.

(1) (Reply)

Jigsaw / Poem - THE VOICE OF A FIRST BORN / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 12, Saturday Night's Madness (pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.