Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,363 members, 7,829,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] (1337 Views)

Ace Comedian, Moses Olajumo Aka Baba Sala, Allegedly Passes On At 83 / Odumewu Debbie: Pinki Debbie Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Dance / Wizkid Enters Guinness World Book Of Records 2018 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by TunezMedia: 4:38am On Sep 18, 2016
Popular comedian, Gandoki has made known his intentions to be the first Nigerian comic act to enter the Guinness Book of Records.

Gandoki who has been in the entertainment industry for over a decade said that he would love to supersede the record set by U.S Comedian, Player David-Scott who set a world record of 40 hours, 8 minutes in 2013 for a stand-up comedy.

In preparation, the comedian disclosed that he has already prepared 600 topics that would generate hilarious jokes and break the previous record.

In his words: “I’m doing this to showcase Nigeria to the world and also show our strength and resilience as a country in spite of the present economic situation. I’m also doing this for the Niger Delta people because I am from that part of the country and I want people to know that we are not a violent people. It will inspire many young people to believe in their ability and be the best in all areas of their endeavors.”

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/09/ace-comedian-set-to-break-40-hrs-comedy.html?m=1

Lalasticlala Fynestboi MissyB3 Ijebabe Ishilove

Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by kilokeys(m): 5:02am On Sep 18, 2016
haaaa that's easy 40 hours of crap

when u consider the themes that makes us laugh in this world ( esp Nigeria)
*imbeciles
*stammerers
*the poor
*obese vs underweight
*sick
*mental
*hungry
*corruption
*albinos
*big boobs vs small boobs
*big yansh vs small yansh
*body shaming
etc..

i find modern comedy oppressive and vindictive..

WHERE YOU STAND DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU SIT.

if you happen to be in any of the aforementioned category , i bet you wouldnt find it funny.

2 Likes

Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:28am On Sep 18, 2016
oooyaa dts nice nw
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by duduade: 5:50am On Sep 18, 2016
Everyone trying to be relevant
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Chanchit: 6:06am On Sep 18, 2016
How audience no go come sleep for 40hrs? Or na only him go dey crack the joke inside one room? Cos na one by one people go dey go house, well camera man go wait watch finish.
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by GoggleB(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2016
My guy too wan rep naija..
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2016
kilokeys:
haaaa that's easy 40 hours of crap

when u consider the themes that makes us laugh in this world ( esp Nigeria)
*imbeciles
*stammerers
*the poor
*obese vs underweight
*sick
*mental
*hungry
*corruption
*albinos
*big boobs vs small boobs
*big yansh vs small yansh
*body shaming
etc..

i find modern comedy oppressive and vindictive..

WHERE YOU STAND DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU SIT.

if you happen to be in any of the aforementioned category , i bet you wouldnt find it funny.
Not really. It would surprise you how many people in disadvantaged positions want to laugh and feel better about themselves. Trevor Noah said he had only one joke about deaf people and was always scared to say it till a gang of deaf people berated him into telling it and creating more. If comedians never made jokes about their shortcomings; poverty in the case of many Nigerian comedians, weight challenges in the case of fat comedians and height in the case of Kevin Hart I doubt comedy would've ever existed. I even attended an event in Benin City where the comedian had lopsided arm lengths; he started his act joking about his disability to the whole crowd's amusement.

Making jokes about something means you realize it's real and accept its existence. Everybody wants to feel accepted hence why they want jokes tailored to their situation.
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
40 hours. It means one can sell an eight volume five hour long series based on it. My only problem is due to fatigue the jokes at the end would water down into stale nonsense.
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
Chanchit:
How audience no go come sleep for 40hrs? Or na only him go dey crack the joke inside one room? Cos na one by one people go dey go house, well camera man go wait watch finish.
Forty hours in three hour shifts equals near 14 sets of an audience and a lot of money made. Imagine he schedules it like a church service where at the third hour a full audience is dismissed and the place gets refilled with a new set of people. Now imagine each of those people paying 1,500.00; the guy go hammer enough cash to buy house and land.
The camera men can work in shifts of five hours each, no biggy there. He(the comedian) is who I pity because his level of concentration and motivation to continue would dwindle seriously through the challenge. I hope he can make it though.
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
He's doing the challenge as I type this comment. Updates're present on Linda Ikeji's blog. This hopeless forum, I wonder why this news never hit frontpage but the final result will.
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
He finished the challenge successfully and broke the record by an extra 10 minutes. Congratulations to him. Surprised it still didn't make frontpage but irrelevant snake topics did. SMH.

Source: http://www.lindaikejisblog(dot)com/2016/10/gandoki-world-record-perfomance.html?m=1
Re: Ace Comedian Set To Break 40-hrs Comedy Performance Guinness World Record [PICS] by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Doris Simon, Odunlade Adekola, Iyabo Ojo, Others Dazzle In Cancer Awareness Vest / Cossy Orjiakor Flaunts Her Cleavage In New Beautiful Ankara Outfit Dress [PICS] / Mercy Aigbe Rocks Complete Aso Oke To Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.