Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

- Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (4525 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / A Case For Agnosticism / Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Emusan(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Or maybe you will have to read what i said again because it seems you didn't really understand the point I'm making their. I never said because i didn't get a response from truthmans2012, that makes Christianity anti-questioning and reason, my point is, why do all those who are led by the alleged holy spirit deviate in interpretation, understanding and doctrines of the Bible?7

No! You talked about Christianity NOT ALLOW for questioning and reason before you said some people used Holy spirit as a claim for what they do.

And you haven't answered my question, which blind faith do you have a Christian because you said Christian do have blind faith?

This will only lead to futile argument—something I'm not ready to do.

But you know how to start one.

Tell us whether Muhammad didn't make any claim that contrary to what is known of God.
Re: by Rilwayne001: 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
Emusan:

No! You talked about Christianity NOT ALLOW for questioning and reason before you said some people used Holy spirit as a claim for what they do.

And you haven't answered my question, [b]which blind faith do you have a Christian because you said Christian do have blind faith?

Doesn't Christianity based on blind faith when it claims you have to have the holy spirit before you can interpret, understand the Bible as well as receiving revelation from God and also knowing the doctrine that leads to god?

Now, this^ is the question that you seem not to fathom so far in my previous posts.

But you know how to start one.
Tell us whether Muhammad didn't make any claim that contrary to what is known of God.

What are the things that is known of God and how did you get to know them all?
Re: by onetrack(m): 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
FriendChoice:

After spending my time 2 explain, this fool want to play with my intelligence. Any 1 who read the previous explanation knows what the verses means. So I wount give you any reply. Am done with it.

The exact reply here 4 any1 reading. Check above.

Clearly if all you can do is insult, then you have lost the argument. Thanks for playing.
Re: by Emusan(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Doesn't Christianity based on blind faith when it claims you have to have the holy spirit before you can interpret, understand the Bible as well as receiving revelation from God and also knowing the doctrine that leads to god?

Ohhh So Muhammad own wasn't blind faith when Allah revealed and interpreted Qur'an to him through the alleged claims of the Holy spirit revelation.

The question you should've asked yourself before making statement out of frustration was, how does God reveal His will to people?

By the way, you Muslims quote Bible as you like; is it Holy Spirit that interpreted those verses to you

Now, this^ is the question that you seem not to fathom so far in my previous posts.

But your question is myopic because you forgot that Muhammad made the same claim.

What are the things that is known of God and how did you get to know them all?

God revealed them, and one of the thing is God can not lie but Muhammad said Allah is the BEST DECIEVER
Re: by Rilwayne001: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2016
Emusan:

Ohhh So Muhammad own wasn't blind faith when Allah revealed and interpreted Qur'an to him through the alleged claims of the Holy spirit revelation.

Can you now see why i said arguing with you is a waste of time. As usual - as a typical christard- instead of answering the question i asked, you deviated by bringing up another thing. Covering the loopholes in Christianity by claiming Muhammad also did it. Lol.

I already told you, i won't be doing this with you since it will end up to be a futile engagement. If you have no idea to the question i asked, you could have easily shut up and find some other thread and jobless people to make do your silly argument.

Let's just simply forget about this since you are not reAdy to answer my question.

The question you should've asked yourself before making statement out of frustration was, how does God reveal His will to people?

Oh shocked grin grin lol.. So you will be the one to tell me the question i should be asking and i have no right to ask you questions on my own? Haha. Shows that you know nothing. Just simply say you don't have the answer to my question, it's very simple undecided

By the way, you Muslims quote Bible as you like; is it Holy Spirit that interpreted those verses to you

Which automatically refer you back to my question. Must one become a Christian before one can understand, interpret the Bible in its correct form as well as receiving revelation from God and knowing the doctrines of worship that leads to the Christian god?

But your question is myopic because you forgot that Muhammad made the same claim.

In other words you are blaming Muhammad for the blind faith Christians hold on to?

God revealed them,

How did you know that? Are you there when God was revealing it? What make you believe Muhammad also didn't receive any revelation?

and one of the thing is God can not lie

But how did you know that those who claimed to have receive revelation from God are not lying? Do you even know these people?

but Muhammad said Allah is the BEST DECIEVER

Like i said, you are trying to deviate from my point. In your attempt to cover your inability to answer my question, you are trying to introduce another argument. Sorry, i will pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I'm not saying it on the basis of what he said, rather on what Christianity is all about.
Which means you have never encountered the writings of the Christian scholastics am I right? The greatest of whom is St Thomas Aquinas. I suggest you read the Summa by St Thomas. On that vein I'm sure you also forgot abt Pope Benedict XVI's Regensburg address where he argued against irrational religions most especially against Mohammed's religion. Remember the irrational Islamic riots that followed?
Re: by Emusan(m): 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Can you now see why i said arguing with you is a waste of time. As usual - as a typical christard- instead of answering the question i asked, you deviated by bringing up another thing. Covering the loopholes in Christianity by claiming Muhammad also did it. Lol.

I already told you, i won't be doing this with you since it will end up to be a futile engagement. If you have no idea to the question i asked, you could have easily shut up and find some other thread and jobless people to make do your silly argument.

Lol...it's like a Christian accusing Muslims that, how can Muhammad say he received revelation from God but God doesn't reveal things.

Let's just simply forget about this since you are not reAdy to answer my question.

I didn't see any question here.

Oh shocked grin grin lol.. So you will be the one to tell me the question i should be asking and i have no right to ask you questions on my own? Haha. Shows that you know nothing. Just simply say you don't have the answer to my question, it's very simple undecided

You see, simple comprehension is hard. If you're accusing Christians as having blind faith simply because they say you need Holy spirit for interpretation & understanding of the Bible, revelation & knowing true doctrine to God. We can then ask, how does their claim different from what Muhammad claimed about Qur'an and Islam?

Which automatically refer you back to my question. Must one become a Christian before one can understand, interpret the Bible in its correct form

As far as I understand, Bible was written in a human languages and expresses the mind the of God in a human understanding.
So different people have interpreted Bible both believers and unbelievers and both have come to same understanding and conclusion.

as well as receiving revelation from God and knowing the doctrines of worship that leads to the Christian god?

This part is very funny. If you as a Muslims receives revelation from Christian God the only Creator of the universe and knows the doctrines of worship that leads to Him, will you still be a Muslim

In other words you are blaming Muhammad for the blind faith Christians hold on to?

Just as you're following the blind faith your Muhammad laid down.

How did you know that? Are you there when God was revealing it? What make you believe Muhammad also didn't receive any revelation?

Yeah, this is where Christianity wins and Islam lost.
The same Spirit who revealed the mind of God to people of old, He's still in work today. That's why if you're a Christian and you haven't received revelation of God through the Holy Spirit you need to work on your faith. In fact Jesus Himself said "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John14:21

So you can see that Christians don't have blind faith like Muslims who Allah can't reveal himself to but Christians experience spirituality through the Holy spirit everyday.

If Muhammad revelations are true it won't contradict the previous revelations.

But how did you know that those who claimed to have receive revelation from God are not lying? Do you even know these people?

As if you know Muhammad too.
That's why the Holy spirit is there. What Jesus and the apostles said many years ago can be confirmed by any Christian today through the Holy spirit. Remember, Muhammad also claimed that Holy spirit brought down the Qur'an. Now, how do you know whether what he claimed was right or wrong?

Like i said, you are trying to deviate from my point. In your attempt to cover your inability to answer my question, you are trying to introduce another argument. Sorry, i will pass.

I didn't deviate, just respond to your post accordingly.
Re: by Rilwayne001: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Emusan:

Lol...it's like a Christian accusing Muslims that, how can Muhammad say he received revelation from God but [b]God doesn't reveal things.

Mr man, you are getting it wrong. I never said God doesn't reveal things, but Christians seems to be the only one that receive the true revelations according to their claims. My question is, how can they substantiate this without appealing to blind faith?

I didn't see any question here.

Well, i think I'm done here since its obvious you dont wanna see it. It's okay btw.

You see, simple comprehension is hard. If you're accusing Christians as having blind faith simply because they say you need Holy spirit for interpretation & understanding of the Bible, revelation & knowing true doctrine to God.

This is what Jesus allegedly said about the Christian holy spirit:
John 16:12-14 (NIV)
[b] 12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth . He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come . 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

From the above chapters, we are told that all the information that Jesus was not able to disseminate will be done in full by the holy spirit, guiding them (Christians) into all truth, including giving them revelations of what is to come.

All Christians are believed to be led by the holy spirit, or is it possible for one to be a Christian and not have the holy spirit as guardian?

Now the questions i want to ask here is that, since they all claim to have the holy spirit: why then do they follow different understanding and interpretation of the Bible as well as receiving different alleged revelations and following different doctrines? What makes yours different from Catholics and Jehovah witness?
Is this spirit really guiding anyone or revealing anything?

And now the blind faith therein is that, how can one point to the real holy spirit amidst thousands of confused bunch?

We can then ask, how does their claim different from what Muhammad claimed about Qur'an and Islam?

Trying to ignite another argument when we aren't done with one? Sorry i will pass.

As far as I understand, Bible was written in a human languages and expresses the mind the of God in a human understanding.

Do you know those who wrote it? How did you know that they were really expressing the mind of God? How did you know the mind of god? You have a telepathy? shocked grin

talk about them receiving revelation, can you truly say they really received revelation? If so, how then can you confidently say other people that claim to receive revelation are lying?

So different people have interpreted

Are you saying anyone can just pick the Bible and interpret it to mean anything? Do you believe anyone can understand the Bible without having the holy spirit?

Bible both believers and unbelievers and both have come to same understanding and conclusion.

Really?

Do all people who have read the Bible have same understanding and conclusion of it?

Was Paul lying when he said 2Cor 3:6 ...for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life?

This part is very funny. If you as a Muslims receives revelation from Christian God the only Creator of the universe and knows the doctrines of worship that leads to Him, will you still be a Muslim

That's not really my point. My point is that, since its only Christians that claim to be receiving revelation from the only creator of the universe, why then do they differ in the revelations and doctrines of worship that leads to him?

Yeah, this is where Christianity wins and Islam lost.
The same Spirit who revealed the mind of God to people of old, He's still in work today.

I asked a question on this up there.

That's why if you're a Christian and you haven't received revelation of God through the Holy Spirit you need to work on your faith.

If Christians truly receive revelations, why then do they differ in interpretation and understanding of the Bible? Is the holy spirit the one confusing them? And what revelation in particular have you been receiving ? What have you done about them?

So you can see that Christians don't have blind faith like Muslims who Allah can't reveal himself to but Christians experience spirituality through the Holy spirit everyday.

Really? shocked shocked shocked continue lying for Jesus grin

If Muhammad revelations are true it won't contradict the previous revelations.

How can you substantiate the trueness of the previous revelations?

As if you know Muhammad too.
That's why the Holy spirit is there. What Jesus and the apostles said many years ago can be confirmed by any Christian today through the Holy spirit. ]Remember, Muhammad also claimed that Holy spirit brought down the Qur'an. Now, how do you know whether what he claimed was right or wrong?

Wow! So in other words, one doesn't have to read the Bible before one can confirm what Jesus alleged said many years ago as well as what the apostles wrote as revelations? If no, then how else can you confirm then aside what was written down?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by Deicide: 12:35am On Sep 21, 2017
hmmm
Re: by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 21, 2017
move ahead, there's nothing to see here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Changed My Genotype From AS To AA / Did Humans Evolve From Apes Or Are Humans Apes? / Exclusive Interview With Bishop David Oyedepo @ 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.