Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

- Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (4519 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / A Case For Agnosticism / Atheism And Agnosticism, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Rilwayne001: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Very good questions from you cheesy I'm laughing here cheesy. But there are scripture-based answers to those questions, I was also curious about the triune God. Sadly, even as a pentecostal myself, pentecostalism is mostly antagonistic to intellectualism and it makes one wonder if God wanted us to be stupid before we could become true worshippers but NO! He should be glorified even with our intellect. it is rather ego-filled pastors with no depth in theology that are usually afraid of common sense questions.
Like I said, it is only in modern pentecostalism, not Christianity that expects blind faith and sustained ignorance of the bible just so that they can have free rein in the abuse genuine christians. A lot of atheists have found God through reason, historical accounts and evidences. There is no theologian, priest or pastor in orthodox churches that won't easily answer this question or even discourage asking such questions.
Nobody who knows Jesus would lie about Him.

cc OliviaPope

Well your rantings doesn't address my points.

1 Like

Re: by Rilwayne001: 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
promise10:

Then I challenge you to prove it with the bible alone!

Prove what? Isn't it obvious?

Do all Christians accept the concept of Trinity?
Do they all follow same interpretation of the Bible?
Is the holy spirit active?
What does one require to have the holy spirit?

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
What points? Do you have questions about christianity?
Rilwayne001:

Well your rantings doesn't address my points.
Re: by Rilwayne001: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
What points? Do you have questions about christianity?

Or maybe you should slowly read my posts on this thread. sad
Re: by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
Well done. You do a good job posting bible passages but arriving at an inaccurate conclusion. It shows you guys look into the Bible every now and again but I wonder why. I only hope you guys can learn to tolerate the rights of others in expressing disturbing historical facts about the prophet of Islam. That would be a wish, or rather dream.
If you have questions about why and how Jesus is the Son of God, and why He is worshipped why don't you ask? I always wondered why muslims can never talk about Islam without trying to re-explain Jesus Christ and comparing Islam with christianity when on their almost non-existent proselytising to non-christians.
FriendChoice:
Christians cannot ask pastor about this verse.

Roman 1:18-25

Even now they cannot say anything about the above verse.

Re: by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

No, but most do.
No, but there are essential truths to the christian faith.
Yes, only a few would dispute that
You mean why? When you get born again you become born by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit makes us overcome the power of sin and the lusts of the flesh. Unbelievers are slaves of sin and can only be set free by the power of God through the Holy Spirit at salvation.
Re: by Rilwayne001: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:

No, but most do.

Why must they? Is it a pre requisite to enter the Christian heaven?

And the fact that they dont does that mean they dont have the holy spirit?

No, but there are essential truths to the christian faith.

I assume everyone who claim to be Christian are under the influence of the holy, and also that to understand the Bible you must be under the influence of the holy spirit, yes or no? If the answer is yes, why then do we have thousands of sects of the Christian faith following different doctrine derived from the Bible, could it be that the holy spirit is not active?

Yes, only a few would dispute that

Well, i will like to read your reply to this thread
www.nairaland.com/3343566/war-against-christianity....by-christians

You mean why? When you get born again you become born of the Spirit of God.

Are all Christians born again?

2 Likes

Re: by EyeHateGod: 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I was raised in a strong Christian household, got baptized when I was 12. My parents used to take me and my siblings to church every Sunday and for weekly services as well, we hardly missed any day. They made sure we were actively involved in church activities. They made sure to always remind us that heaven and hell were real, most especially hell.. In a nutshell, they did their best in raising me "in the way of the Lord"

Am still wondering Why ur Post says From agnosticism To Islam and not agnostic Christian To Islam?

The stories in the bible never actually made any sense to me but i knew not to ask questions or to have doubts so i kept silent. Each day I grew more skeptical about religion - Christianity. I wasn't totally convinced about the existence of non-existence of God. I was definitely not a Christian, I guess you could call me an agnostic, leaning towards atheism.

BUT Muhammad splicting The Moon into Two Make sense to You? Or him riding A flying horse To Jerusalem makes Sense to u? Pls i wanna know

But i was still looking for answers, tried to be as open minded as possible. As we all know agnosticism connotes confusion and I needed to know where I stood, I became very uncomfortable being what I was - an agnostic. Christianity definitely wasn't the answer, been there done that.
So I started doing research, won't go into details about that though...

U seam to not know what Agnostism is? U can be agnostic on Weda Superman exist Agnostism is a Position on Knowledge that's Why it's been attached to Stuff Agnosticism can't stand alone

The Quranic description of a creator was much more different and the appeal to rationality and reason... So, after a long spiritual journey and a lot of learning, of course, I accepted Islam...

Can u expound on this? U do realize that Judaism Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic Religion so the Origin is the same?

And I found peace smiley smiley
Goodluck
Re: by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Well done. You do a good job posting bible passages but arriving at an inaccurate conclusion. It shows you guys look into the Bible every now and again but I wonder why. I only hope you guys can learn to tolerate the rights of others in expressing disturbing historical facts about the prophet of Islam. That would be a wish, or rather dream.
If you have questions about why and how Jesus is the Son of God, and why He is worshipped why don't you ask? I always wondered why muslims can never talk about Islam without trying to re-explain Jesus Christ and comparing Islam with christianity when on their almost non-existent proselytising to non-christians.

I have ask and proved to Christian severally, some will run when they are proven wrong while others will divert from the topic, and start insulting.
Re: by DeSepiero(m): 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I was raised in a strong Christian household, got baptized when I was 12. My parents used to take me and my siblings to church every Sunday and for weekly services as well, we hardly missed any day. They made sure we were actively involved in church activities. They made sure to always remind us that heaven and hell were real, most especially hell.. In a nutshell, they did their best in raising me "in the way of the Lord"

The stories in the bible never actually made any sense to me but i knew not to ask questions or to have doubts so i kept silent. Each day I grew more skeptical about religion - Christianity. I wasn't totally convinced about the existence of non-existence of God. I was definitely not a Christian, I guess you could call me an agnostic, leaning towards atheism.

But i was still looking for answers, tried to be as open minded as possible. As we all know agnosticism connotes confusion and I needed to know where I stood, I became very uncomfortable being what I was - an agnostic. Christianity definitely wasn't the answer, been there done that.

In the course of my research, I ran into an old friend, a Muslim, we exchanged numbers and got talking... He knew about my stance on religion so he brought it up.. Usually I would change the topic but i just thought " well fvck it".. He started teaching me about Islam, I was reading about it as well. It just made sense to me. As a Christian, I had to go on blind faith, but in Islam, there's room for logic. Islam welcomes doubts and questions that I could never ask as a Christian....

The Quranic description of a creator was much more different and the appeal to rationality and reason... So, after a long spiritual journey and a lot of learning, of course, I accepted Islam...

As-salamu alaykum!! smiley
Re: by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Why must they? Is it a pre requisite to enter the Christian heaven?
No, it isn't. Having eternal life is knowing God by faith in Jesus Christ. There is need for holiness/sanctification (but not all would agree)

And the fact that they don't does that mean they don't have the Holy Spirit?
I can't say wisdom and knowledge aren't given to everyone. That's why there are teachers. People with the Holy Spirit manifests the fruits which are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

I assume everyone who claim to be Christian are under the influence of the holy, and also that to understand the Bible you must be under the influence of the holy spirit, yes or no?
A christian born of God has the Holy Spirit. 'under the influence' isn't an appropriate term it's not drunkenness. Anyone would understand the bible as long as your motive is sincere. 'The word of God is alive and active...it judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart and nothing God created is hidden from him. His eyes see everything. He will hold us responsible for everything we do.' (Heb 4:12-13)
If the answer is yes, why then do we have thousands of sects of the Christian faith following different doctrine derived from the Bible, could it be that the holy spirit is not active?
I give three reasons:
1. The truth is always plagued by several counterfeits, plus the adversary roams seeking for whom to devour.
2. It fulfils prophecy about false teachers with claims of being led by the Spirit but we test them by the word of God.
3. God never said we should stop learning, instead the opposite is true 'study to show thyself approved before God, rightly dividing the word of truth' (2 Tim 2:15). The bible is a very large volume and even Jesus spent good time learning as a boy (Luke 2) before He started teaching in the temple and from many of His statements you can cross-reference them back to OT scripture clearly shows that He was knowledgeable of Scripture.
The variance in doctrine is as a result of systems of thought that divide between how men receive the grace of God at salvation. But the essentials truths of the faith remain.
But, as is the case with several pentecostals, you don't expect someone who became ordained as a pastor after 3 months of pastoral training - which the bible is clearly against (2 Tim 5:22) - to have sound knowledge of doctrine and that's why you may hear things like 'you need to have the Holy Spirit to understand the trinity, maybe yes but it can be explained to anyone.' and so many unbiblical occultic practices in the church all in the name of 'God told me.'
The Holy Spirit makes the Word of God impressionable to the spirit and gives life to the believer and makes it possible to hear from God through Scripture. But if you read to find if Jesus is truly the messiah(John 20:31) You will get your answer. Sincerity in purpose is all one requires. I hope you can now understand where all the confusion in modern christianity stems from.

Well, i will like to read your reply to this thread
www.nairaland.com/3343566/war-against-christianity....by-christians
I would look at it.

Are all Christians born again?
No, the majority are not.
Re: by onetrack(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
FriendChoice:

There are no contradiction in Islam. There are only contradistinction

The very first verse of the first sura contains a very glaring contradiction with the rest of the book. Allah is anything but all-merciful.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
onetrack:

The very first verse of the first sura contains a very glaring contradiction with the rest of the book. Allah is anything but all-merciful.

Elaborate what you call contradiction sir
Re: by promise10: 4:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
FriendChoice:

I pity your ignorance!

I will be opening a thread on this, let's discuss this openly ONCE and FOR ALL!

1 Like

Re: by Seun(m): 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
In the course of my research, I ran into an old friend, a Muslim, we exchanged numbers and got talking... He knew about my stance on religion so he brought it up.. Usually I would change the topic but i just thought " well fvck it"..
It's not advisable to convert to Islam for romantic reasons. The prescribed punishment for changing your mind after accepting Islam is death.

He started teaching me about Islam
There is a sharp difference between the Islam that muslims present to prospective converts and the Islam that is actually practiced in reality.

As a Christian, I had to go on blind faith, but in Islam, there's room for logic. Islam welcomes doubts and questions that I could never ask as a Christian....
I have 3 things to say about that:
1) "O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith." (Surah 5:101-102).
2) "The Holy Prophet himself forbade people to ask questions ...so do not try to probe into such things." (The Meaning of the Qur'an, Maududi, vol. III, pgs. 76-77)
3) "The prophet was asked about things which he did not like, and when the questioner insisted, the Prophet got angry. (vol. 1, no. 92) The Prophet got angry and his cheeks or his face became red. (vol. 1, no. 91) "Allah has hated you...[for] asking too many questions." (vol. 2, no. 555; and vol. 3, no. 591, Bukhari's Hadith commenting on Prophet Muhammad's reaction to hostile questioners.)
Source: http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-questions.htm (the rest of the page is interesting. it provides a different point of view)

The Quranic description of a creator was much more different and the appeal to rationality and reason...So, after a long spiritual journey and a lot of learning, of course, I accepted Islam...
You appear to be a person who values reason, yet you are unwilling to accept what your brain is telling you about the existence of God. undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: by CHYMZZY(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I didn't create this thread to engage in arguments about which religion is superior or true, just sharing my experience .. i have found peace like never before. Alhamdulillah

i was about to say somethin' but my inspiration, motivator and friend Nailed it...
Seun:

It's not advisable to convert to Islam for romantic reasons. The prescribed punishment for changing your mind after accepting Islam is death.
There is a sharp difference between the Islam that muslims present to prospective converts and the Islam that is actually practiced in reality.
I have 3 things to say about that:
1) "O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith." (Surah 5:101-102).
2) "The Holy Prophet himself forbade people to ask questions ...so do not try to probe into such things." (The Meaning of the Qur'an, Maududi, vol. III, pgs. 76-77)
3) "The prophet was asked about things which he did not like, and when the questioner insisted, the Prophet got angry. (vol. 1, no. 92) The Prophet got angry and his cheeks or his face became red. (vol. 1, no. 91) "Allah has hated you...[for] asking too many questions." (vol. 2, no. 555; and vol. 3, no. 591, Bukhari's Hadith commenting on Muhammad's reaction to hostile questioners.)
Source: http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-questions.htm (the rest of the page is interesting. it provides a different point of view)
You appear to be a person who values reason, yet you are unwilling to accept what your brain is telling you about the existence of God. undecided
OliviaPope:
I didn't create this thread to engage in arguments about which religion is superior or true, just sharing my experience .. i have found peace like never before. Alhamdulillah

i was about to say somethin' but my inspiration, motivator and friend Nailed it...
Re: by masseratti: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

are Muslims one? The answer is no,so go and rest with your question on Trinity, that have being explained to you several times you choose to ignore.
Re: by onetrack(m): 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2016
FriendChoice:

Elaborate what you call contradiction sir

Sura 1 verse 1: "In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful."

If I understand 'entirely merciful' correctly, then that must mean he automatically pardons all sins, therefore no one goes to hell. If he sets any conditions then he cannot claim to be 'entirely merciful'.

Imagine somebody saying that they are 'entirely knowledgeable' but they don't actually know everything. It does not make sense.

2 Likes

Re: by malvisguy212: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:

In the course of my research, I ran into an old friend, a Muslim, we exchanged numbers and got talking... He knew about my stance on religion so he brought it up.. Usually I would change the topic but i just thought " well fvck it".. He started teaching me about Islam, I was reading about it as well. It just made sense to me. As a Christian, I had to go on blind faith, but in Islam, there's room for logic. Islam welcomes doubts and questions that I could never ask as a Christian....
smiley
if you properly do research on islam, then, you will not make this comment, I doubt you are a christian, did you say islam welcome doubt and question ? Question a muslim about muhammed sex life and see what will happen.

Allah and Muhammad discourage Muslims from asking questions. From infancy Muslims are groomed to abstain from questioning the tenents of Islam.

Surah 5:101-102: “O ye who believe! Ask
not questions about things which if
made plain to you, may cause you
trouble …Some people before you did ask
such questions, and on that account lost
their faith.” (Yusuf Ali)

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 3, Number
92:
Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet was asked
about things which he did not like, but when
the questioners insisted, the Prophet got
angry.

How come in islam , questioning one's faith can lead to losing his faith ? You have NOT done research. How can someone chose religion that promise his followers hell fire ?

3 Likes

Re: by malvisguy212: 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2016
OliviaPope:
I have and I still do
did you read this verse also ?
Surah 19:71: “It is the inevitable decree of
your Lord that EVERY ONE OF YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO HEL.”

Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0349:
“They (the angels) would recognise them
in the Fire by the MARKS OF PROSTRATION
for Hell-fire will devour everything (limb)
of the sons of Adam except the marks of
prostration. Allah has forbidden the fire
to consume the marks of prostration.
They will be taken out of the Fire having
been burnt …”

The people that prostrate are the muslims, first the quran say, they will be taken to hell, and the hadith label the hell candidate as muslims. ALL MUSLIMS WILL BE TAKEN TO HELL. I am not the one that say this, it is the quran and hadith that say it.

Surah 74:28-30: “It leaveth not (any thing
unconsumed), neither doth it suffer (any
thing) to escape: It scorcheth men’s flesh:
Over the same (are) nineteen (angels
appointed).” (Sale)

The difference between Allah and Jehovah is
that Allah promises Hell-fire for his
worshippers while God promises Eternal
life. It is a tragic that all Muslims are waiting for this “fiery destiny.” As noted, Muhammad is in Hell. But what about Jesus Christ? Concerning Jesus Christ, the Qur’an itself testifies in Surah 4:158:

“But Allan took him (Jesus) up unto Himself
and he is in the heavens.” (Hilali-Khan)

Jesus is in Heaven while Muhammad is in Hell.
Thus, it can be seen that the difference between Jesus and Muhammad is the same as the difference between Heaven and Hell. And
concerning the followers of Jesus Christ, the
Qur’an states:

Surah 3:55: “Behold! Allah said: ‘O Jesus! I
will take thee and raise thee to Myself and
clear thee of the falsehood of those who
blaspheme; I will make those who follow
thee superior to those who disbelieve
until the Day of Resurrection.” (Yusuf Ali)

1 Like

Re: by malvisguy212: 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Do all Christians accept the concept of Trinity? Do they all follow same interpretation of the Bible? Is the holy spirit active? What does one require to have the holy spirit?
Do the shia and sunnis accept the same doctrine ?

1 Like

Re: by malvisguy212: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Christianity doesn't allow for questioning and reason. The other day i asked truthmans2012 about the concept of Trinity, he said i would need the holy spirit to understand the concept. I now asked him that, could it be that you (annunaki), for you not to understand the concept, does it mean that you don't have the holy spirit? I am yet to get a response for that.

It is only in Christianity, that you have to first of all have blind faith before you can understand the way of God, it isn't so in Islam. It is only in Christianity that everyone claim to have the holy spirit as guidance when actually they all differ in the interpretation of the Bible as well as the doctrine they follow.

You know all these, don't you? Yet you go about lying for Jesus.
Come into this thread and ask your question about trinity. https://www.nairaland.com/2960660/tri-unity-god-work-salvation
Cc OliviaPope
Re: by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
onetrack:

Sura 1 verse 1: "In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful."

If I understand 'entirely merciful' correctly, then that must mean he automatically pardons all sins, therefore no one goes to hell. If he sets any conditions then he cannot claim to be 'entirely merciful'.

Imagine somebody saying that they are 'entirely knowledgeable' but they don't actually know everything. It does not make sense.

The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. [Quran 1:3]

Allah is most merciful, no one is merciful as Allah.

How does it make a believer feel that with all the good deeds he has done and all the love that he showed towards God and then finds out that God loves the corrupt people equally? It is not fair. It is illogical. then we should stop obeying Allah, after all we will all make it 2 Paradise. Does that make sense

In the Quran God still Merciful to Unbelievers despite associating partners with him, despite disapproving his oneness, he still feed them, cloth them etc. Also Allah in his infinite mercy forgives the wrong doers. That is Allah's mercy to all. If Allah is not merciful he would have deny them all this.

His mercy feeding who disbelief in his oneness

[O disbelievers], eat and enjoy yourselves a little; indeed, you are criminals. [Quran 77:46] .

"Say: "To whom belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth?" Say: " To God. He hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy. That He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment, there is no doubt whatever. It is they who have lost their own souls, that will not believe. (The Noble Quran, 6:12) "

Disbelievers' sins will be all forgiven for them when they embrace Islam: Allah's mercy to non believer

"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from unbelief), their past would be forgiven for them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). (The Noble Quran, 8:38) "

Due to his mercy he forgives and forgives, again and again

"The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all between,- Exalted in Might, able to enforce His Will, forgiving again and again. (The Noble Quran,
38:66) "

"Those who avoid great sins and shameful deeds, only (falling into) small faults,- verily thy Lord is ample in forgiveness. He knows you well when He brings you out of the earth, And when ye are hidden in your mothers' wombs. Therefore justify not yourselves: He knows best who it is that guards against evil. (The Noble Quran, 53:32) "

If you ask Allah Almighty for forgiveness, then He'll forgive you: = Merciful

"If any one does evil or wrongs his own
soul but afterwards seeks God's forgiveness, he will find God
Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Noble Quran, 4:110) "

If you are grateful to Allah Almighty, then He'll give you more: His mercy.

"And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): 'If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed.' (The Noble Quran, 14:7) "

Be sure that Allah Almighty is always Willing to forgive all of your sins:

"Say: 'O my Servants who Have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Noble Quran, 39:53) "

Likewise I can go further into Bible

Psalm 5:4-6
4. You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.
5. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; [b]
you hate all who do wrong.
6. You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and
deceitful men the LORD abhors.

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written: " Jacob I loved, but Esau I
hated."
Re: by Empiree: 1:00am On Sep 20, 2016
OliviaPope:

1 Like

Re: by shukuokukobambl: 1:18am On Sep 20, 2016
OliviaPope:

Just don't go asking those questions in Kano or Angwan Rimi o otherwise, you go sabi say khaki no be leather.

Islam....open minded indeed cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: by Emusan(m): 9:47am On Sep 20, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Christianity doesn't allow for questioning and reason. The other day i asked truthmans2012 about the concept of Trinity, he said i would need the holy spirit to understand the concept. I now asked him that, could it be that you (annunaki), for you not to understand the concept, does it mean that you don't have the holy spirit? I am yet to get a response for that.

It's evident that you're just lying here, because someone can't answer you so you must conclude that Christianity doesn't ALLOW for questioning and reason.

It is only in Christianity, that you have to first of all have blind faith before you can understand the way of God, it isn't so in Islam. It is only in Christianity that everyone claim to have the holy spirit as guidance when actually they all differ in the interpretation of the Bible as well as the doctrine they follow.

Tell me the blind faith you first have as a Christian.

Thank God you said "CLAIM" which means anybody can make any claim including Muhammad saying it's Allah who told him to marry Aisha. That's is a claim too!

You know all these, don't you? Yet you go about lying for Jesus.

Imaging lying for Jesus, do you even understand what you're saying?

2 Likes

Re: by onetrack(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2016
FriendChoice:

The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. [Quran 1:3]

Allah is most merciful, no one is merciful as Allah.

In the Quran God still Merciful to Unbelievers despite associating partners with him, despite disapproving his oneness, he still feed them, cloth them etc. Also Allah in his infinite mercy forgives the wrong doers. That is Allah's mercy to all. If Allah is not merciful he would have deny them all this.

[O disbelievers], eat and enjoy yourselves a little; indeed, you are criminals. [Quran 77:46] .

"Say: "To whom belongeth all that is in the heavens and on earth?" Say: " To God. He hath inscribed for Himself (the rule of) Mercy. That He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment, there is no doubt whatever. It is they who have lost their own souls, that will not believe. (The Noble Quran, 6:12) "

"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from unbelief), their past would be forgiven for them; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning for them). (The Noble Quran, 8:38) "

"The Lord of the heavens and the earth, and all between,- Exalted in Might, able to enforce His Will, forgiving again and again. (The Noble Quran,
38:66) "

"Those who avoid great sins and shameful deeds, only (falling into) small faults,- verily thy Lord is ample in forgiveness. He knows you well when He brings you out of the earth, And when ye are hidden in your mothers' wombs. Therefore justify not yourselves: He knows best who it is that guards against evil. (The Noble Quran, 53:32) "

"If any one does evil or wrongs his own
soul but afterwards seeks God's forgiveness, he will find God
Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Noble Quran, 4:110) "

"And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): 'If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed.' (The Noble Quran, 14:7) "

"Say: 'O my Servants who Have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (The Noble Quran, 39:53) "

Psalm 5:4-6
4. You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.
5. The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; [b]
you hate all who do wrong.
6. You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and
deceitful men the LORD abhors.

Romans 9:13
Just as it is written: " Jacob I loved, but Esau I
hated."

Exactly my point. Allah cannot be 'all merciful' and punish anyone, even those who have not asked for forgiveness. And I would never wish eternal fire and torment on people who don't respect me, I'm a lot more merciful than that. Allah is not all merciful. He seems to be the opposite.

1 Like

Re: by Rilwayne001: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2016
Emusan:

It's evident that you're just lying here, because someone can't answer you so you must conclude that Christianity doesn't ALLOW for questioning and reason.

Or maybe you will have to read what i said again because it seems you didn't really understand the point I'm making their. I never said because i didn't get a response from truthmans2012, that makes Christianity anti-questioning and reason, my point is, why do all those who are led by the alleged holy spirit deviate in interpretation, understanding and doctrines of the Bible?

Tell me the blind faith you first have as a Christian.

Thank God you said [b]"CLAIM"
which means anybody can make any claim including Muhammad saying it's Allah who told him to marry Aisha. That's is a claim too!

This will only lead to futile argument—something I'm not ready to do.

lying for Jesus, do you even understand what you're saying?
Re: by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 20, 2016
[s]
onetrack:

Exactly my point. Allah cannot be 'all merciful' and punish anyone, even those who have not asked for forgiveness. And I would never wish eternal fire and torment on people who don't respect me, I'm a lot more merciful than that. Allah is not all merciful. He seems to be the opposite.
[/s]

After spending my time 2 explain, this fool want to play with my intelligence. Any 1 who read the previous explanation knows what the verses means. So I wount give you any reply. Am done with it.

The exact reply here 4 any1 reading. Check above.
Re: by malvisguy212: 10:46am On Sep 20, 2016
FriendChoice:

the verses you quote is beyond your understanding, Roman 1:18 to end is for people who do not believe in God like the atheists, paul is saying, the fact that the CREATION exist prove that the CREATOR Exist also. If the creation exist, this mean the creator exist also.

What jesus mean when he say, he fulfilled the law, read here https://www.nairaland.com/2173054/what-jesus-meant-fullfiled-law
Re: by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
the verses you quote is beyond your understanding, Roman 1:18 to end is for people who do not believe in God like the atheists, paul is saying, the fact that the CREATION exist prove that the CREATOR Exist also. If the creation exist, this mean the creator exist also.

What jesus mean when he say, he fulfilled the law, read here https://www.nairaland.com/2173054/what-jesus-meant-fullfiled-law

No. The verses clearly talk of people that believe in mortal man or animal rather than the immortal God. Atheist don't believe in God at all

and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. 23.

Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Christian believe in mortal as God not atheist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iceland Declares Christianity A Public Health Hazard / Mankind Fell Into Sin But Has Been Uplifted By God. / What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.