Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It (1629 Views)

Android 7.1 Car DVD System / Android Headrest For Any Car (tell Us Your Car) / Why do Nigerians avoid Volvo Cars (S80) / Mountain Of Fire Vs Beer Car: How Will You Describe The Owner Of This Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Virgohills(m): 7:20am On Sep 19, 2016
Hi Everyone i currently drive a Mercedes benz c200 but i want to give it up for a volvo s80.
I need advice what are the major advantages and disadvantages of this car.

Thanks

Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Naturallyme: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
I drive s80 and I have been driving it for more than 2 years. There are two types I know, 5-cylinder engine and 6-cylinder engine. The 6-cylinder engine are known to be problematic because most they come with a red-labeled throttle board and overheating problem. Its your choice though but you need to know the state of things in the car before swapping. if you can post more pictures here, with visual inspection I can tell you categorically some information you need to know before you swap. Mine is 5 cylinder and I love it. it has its own problem too but I have been able to handle them personally and am enjoying it despite the fact that its a converted vehicle, I intend to upgrage to newer version of s80 soon sha. Don't be freaked by neatness or robustness of the car, the functionality matters most. Post picture of the engine compartment. Are you mechanical engineering inclined?
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by davou4eva(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
There is an existing thread on this topic before now on this forum. Kindly search for it to get detail peoples opinion. My verdict: A good car but you need to have a good maintenance culture to put the car in good shape at all time, otherwise, you may need to visit your mechanic or Ladipo from time to time.
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Virgohills(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
Naturallyme:
I drive s80 and I have been driving it for more than 2 years. There are two types I know, 5-cylinder engine and 6-cylinder engine. The 6-cylinder engine are known to be problematic because most they come with a red-labeled throttle board and overheating problem. Its your choice though but you need to know the state of things in the car before swapping. if you can post more pictures here, with visual inspection I can tell you categorically some information you need to know before you swap. Mine is 5 cylinder and I love it. it has its own problem too but I have been able to handle them personally and am enjoying it despite the fact that its a converted vehicle, I intend to upgrage to newer version of s80 soon sha. Don't be freaked by neatness or robustness of the car, the functionality matters most. Post picture of the engine compartment. Are you mechanical engineering inclined?

Thanks a lot
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Virgohills(m): 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
I really hope i can see the s80 with 5 cylinders, i am ready to buy it now
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Naturallyme: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2016
I have . Would you buy my S80?.. its 500k last.
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Naturallyme: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Check it out. clean inside out
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Naturallyme: 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Check it out. clean inside out.

Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Virgohills(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
Yes but why are you selling it
Naturallyme:
I have . Would you buy my S80?.. its 500k last.
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Naturallyme: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2016
I want to buy a newer S80. probably 2004 or 2005. This one is 2001. mileage is 136,000+. I bought at 126,000+. I only use it for traveling. no much city movement because where I work is far from home
Re: Volvo S80 - Please Who Knows This Car. Tell Me About It by Virgohills(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
Naturallyme:
I want to buy a newer S80. probably 2004 or 2005. This one is 2001. mileage is 136,000+. I bought at 126,000+. I only use it for traveling. no much city movement because where I work is far from home
add me on whatapp 08171542705

(1) (Reply)

Why Is VSC Showing On Dashboard? / How To Unlock Power Lock Car Doors- Step By Step Guide / Steering Rack Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.