Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Freedom Untold - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Freedom Untold (690 Views)

The Untold Story Of Adam And Eve / Fallen Angels: Untold / How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freedom Untold by jawd20: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
He sat down there in the wake of dawn, the chilly air stinging his nostrils.he wore a worn out sleeve which must have omce been brilliant sky blue at it's prime. He had brown khaki shorts which were tattered, his hair unnaturally brown and unkept,those strands must had seen better days. His eyes brown as they were had sunk deep into their sockets as a result of malnutrition. He had thin rickety legs that seemed would come off their joints if pulled too hard. He took a look at himself in a puddle just before him,his dark reflection staring back at him filling his head with deep thoughts. Had it been 3 weeks back,he would still be in the comfort of his bed awaiting the magnificent rise of the sun, he had that view from the window in his room,oh how he missed the comfort of his room, all that would still be had the incident not happened to his mother, the thought of his mother brought tears to his eyes and was about running free but he comported himself and muttered some words under his breath. He looked up to the sky, it was grey, the sun was rising he stood to his feet, feeling weak but had to move on,he could not risk being seen …"i have to know it, i have to fufill destiny" he muttered and moved slowly disappearing into the misty fog, and so it began… to be continued.
Re: Freedom Untold by jawd20: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
comments needed
Re: Freedom Untold by zesh(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
just in three weeks nd d is like that... hmmm i need to knw the cause, plz fire on
Re: Freedom Untold by zesh(m): 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
just in three weeks nd d guy is like that... hmmm i need to knw the cause, plz fire on
Re: Freedom Untold by jawd20: 9:34am On Sep 22, 2016
Continuation...
The early morning sun in Gwomba was already up in the sky, Kwalime had barely walked a mile when he came to the market place, raffia mats were spread out by sellers on either sides of the market at their different stalls. Pots of different sizes were displayed, from the cooking size to large water pots. At one side of the market line, he could see the ornament sellers with all sorts of jewelries, precious stones, cowry laced beads, necklaces, wristbands and the likes but he had his sights elsewhere.
He was headed for the food section at the end of the line, farmers and hunters section. It had become so scanty nowadays, he had been feeding here for over 2 weeks, taking scraps of whatever edible remnants he could find all in a bid to control the ever rumbling chaos in his stomach but the last three days had been different, the farmers and hunters had not been coming around, he could recall two farmers mumbling about how their colleagues had been going missing whilst going about their daily routine at the outskirts of Gwomba thereby deterring farmers from harvesting and hunters from hunting. All of these started happening when those pale looking men came to Gwomba town. Kwalime was about ten then, they had come as friends at first, acting as sojourners,bearing gifts to his mother who was the proxy leader of Gwomba till Kwalime came of age. They had offered teaching him their language,he partly stopped his combat (Archery and spear) training to learn how to read and write, he was 15 now,he had learnt their ways and language, but they had betrayed him, his family and his people. Oh how he hated them, he wanted to tear off his clothes (seeing as they were gifts from them) but that would leave him naked, probably not a good idea he thought. He made his way to the end of the market and unto the open road, his mother's last words continuously resonating in his head 'you are a prince Kwalime, don't you ever forget that' she said, 'the gods have chosen you, you must fulfill destiny' he snapped out to realize that he clenched unto something on his chest. It was the royal seal of Gwomba given by his mother, a rope necklace with a large round precious stone as pendant. He clenched his fists even harder,what a hard item he thought. He had barely got across the wide path when suddenly everything around him began to spin, he was weary, his five senses slowly shutting down and with a large thud, fell to the ground.
Re: Freedom Untold by jawd20: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2016
continuation set to drop soon.
Re: Freedom Untold by jawd20: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2016
He was gradually coming too and felt that he was moving, where was he? He was too weak to even look and eventually passed out. He woke up to find himself in what looked like a hut, Kwalime tried to scream , just could not muster up the strength. At the door, a large figure came into the hut, he could not at first make out whoever or whatever was coming in because of the sunlight protruding into the room but as the figure got closer, he realize it was a man, dressed in animal skin,having it go across his chest so that it looked like he was using a shoulder belt, but part of his chest was bare striking terror in the eyes of those who would dare stare, he was probably a farmer considering the way he was dressed and probably in his early thirties also. He was a very dark man with very scanty hair on his head, his irises were dark brown and had the look of a predator. His arms were extremely large (sending cold chills down kwalime’s spine). “ wh…who are you?” Kwalime muttered as the man got closer. The man broke into a friendly smile (although Kwalime did not understand how that was possible) and said finally you’ve regained consciousness, although petrified, Kwalime was able to muster a smile.
Well, my name is Bunga and I’m a farmer, he had barely finished talking when a smaller figure entered the hut, oh yes, that’s my daughter Cercy included the farmer. I was on my cart on my way from the farm and found you on the Gwomba market pathway continued Bunga,that was all Kwalime heard, his mind was elsewhere, on Cercy. She was a brown skinned girl with long dark hair down to her back, her face was round shaped with beautiful brown eyes. She smirked a little at him and Kwalime was sure his heart leapt to his throat. She really was beautiful, Bunga stepped between him and Cercy obstructing his view of her. Bunga must have noticed he wasn’t paying attention. The look on Bunga’s face was clear “you go nowhere near her” Kwalime put on a fake grin, he tried sitting down but his arms were too weak to support himself, and he fell, back to the mat.

(1) (Reply)

Romeo And Juliet By William Shakespeare Summary / Promo!!!!! Training On 3D Epoxy Design And Installation / Dinner For TWO Part 4 (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.