Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,280 members, 7,864,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

Just In: EFCC Seals 3 Houses Belonging To Ex-governor Shema. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Just In: EFCC Seals 3 Houses Belonging To Ex-governor Shema. (353 Views)

Prophet Collects N70m, 3 Houses, Cars To Cure Woman’s Fibroids (Photos) / Civil Servant Dies In Efcc's Custody After Six Hours (pictured) / EFCC Seals The First Group Company That Sold Buratai His Dubai Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just In: EFCC Seals 3 Houses Belonging To Ex-governor Shema. by LATEST1000: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2016
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4q38hsojrnp.a8178e70.jpg[/img]
According to Daily Sun, the houses at Barhim Quarters, GRA and Makera Estate in the state capital, all had the inscription “EFCC, UNDER INVESTIGATION” on their walls. The development comes on the heels of an ongoing investigation of the former governor by the commission on charges of inflation of contracts and embezzlement of funds belonging to the state, to the tune of over N70 billion. Reacting to the development, Shema’s media aide, Oluwabusola Olawale urged agencies involved in the investigations to respect his principal’s right to fair hearing.

Meanwhile, EFCC officials had, earlier in the year, interrogated former local government chairmen and top government officials who served during Shema’s second term in office. Shema’s administration is also being investigated by a Juducial Panel of Inquiry set up by his predecessor, Governor Aminu Bello Masari in March. Shema, the immediate past governor of Katsina state, who was declared wanted by the EFCC, says he is not on the run from investigation.

Shema who was declared wanted on Wednesday, September 14, said he was prepared to honour the invitation of the EFCC on June 28 but the anti-graft agency cancelled the interview at the last minute. According to the Nation, the former governor said he was surprised that he was declared wanted by the anti-graft agency, describing the action as malicious and misleading.
He said: “Without any formal invitation to me, the EFCC purported, by a letter dated June 17, 2016, sent to a wrong address of Wole Olanipekun & Co. asking the law firm to make Dr. Ibrahim Shehu Shema available for an interview with the undersigned on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. The letter was signed by Hyecinth A. Edozie.

“Despite the incongruity in the way and manner the invitation was extended to me through a counsel – and also through a wrong address of the same counsel, and notwithstanding the fact that I was already billed to travel to Saudi Arabia for the lesser hajj (Umrah) on the appointment day, I cancelled all the engagements to honour the invitation with my counsel on the said June 28, 2016, only to be informed, around 10am on that day that the interview would no longer hold, as Mr. Hyecinth A. Edozie was out of Abuja, and that a new date, after Sallah, would be communicated.” Shema said his legal representative had written a letter to the EFCC on June 28, 2016 addressed to Edozie for a new date for interrogation. He noted that the letter was delivered, received, stamped and duly acknowledged at the EFCC office on the same day June 28, 2016. The former governor said the EFCC has not responded to the said letter, suggesting any date.
Re: Just In: EFCC Seals 3 Houses Belonging To Ex-governor Shema. by agwom(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2016
hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Court Arraign Polytechnic Staff For Knocking Down Girl On Expressway In Ondo / Incessant Cult Killings In Ikorodu, SARS/NPF Where Are Your Men Please / Breaking!!! 21 Chibok Girls Released By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.