Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! (408 Views)

Nigeria Bans Their Love, But Same-sex Couples Persist / Nigeria Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders / How To Transfer Contacts From Samsung To Samsung Note 7? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by raphieMontella: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2016

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, has directed passengers not to turn on or charge their Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices on board aircraft
following recent incidents and concerns raised by its manufacturers.

.The aviation regulatory body gave the directive in a statement signed by its General Manager, Public
Relations, Sam Adurogboye. It warned that the phones must not be stowed away in any checked-in baggage..

.---“NCAA is appealing to the passengers’ responsibilities in relation to ensuring safety and
security of air transportation.

“Importantly, all airlines are hereby advised to emphasise the prohibition of this devices on board during passenger briefings by the cabin crew. “Similarly, all those responsible for searching or
screening checked-in baggage are expected to intensify the procedures to identify possible
checked-in Samsung Galaxy Note 7,” it said.

The NCAA reminded travellers that Samsung had
recalled over 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 devices due
to several reported cases of overheating and outright explosion.

According to the statement, investigation traced
these problems to charging and the company is limiting battery charging on Galaxy Note 7 devices
to prevent inferno. ” NCAA therefore calls on all passengers and airline operators to ensure total adherence to this directive
as safety and security of air transportation is paramount to the authority,” it said

source:www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/210816-nigeria-bans-samsung-galaxy-note-7-airlines.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by hopeforcharles(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lol, why do I find this funny and unserious? These days some Nigerian talk I dismiss
Re: Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by Layormiii(f): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by raphieMontella: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2022
Layormiii:
hello ma/sir, you mailed me??!!
Yes please...let's communicate via mail or whatsapp...
I need your help..it's medical...
Re: Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by raphieMontella: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2022
Layormiii:
I'm even having issues with this mail..
Please can you drop your mail address here or a whatsapp number?
So I can contact you on needing your help
Re: Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by Layormiii(f): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2022
raphieMontella:

Yes please...let's communicate via mail or whatsapp...
I need your help..it's medical...
chaii I hardly drop my contact or email address on NL o as they don show me sheygeh.
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7 On Airlines! by raphieMontella: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2022
Layormiii:
You can clear your mail now..thanks

(1) (Reply)

US Election: See Why Hillary Clinton Will Skip Debate / Are U Within Or Outside Nigeria And You Are Looking For A Trustworthy Fellow? / The Case Of Major General Patrick Against The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.