Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update (5132 Views)

A Look At The Just Released Nokia 1 And Itel S12 / June 31st Postponement Is Fake. Whatsapp Has Ended Support For Blackberry Phones / Whatsapp Has A Hidden New Feature And Here's How To Use It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by modsfucker: 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
WhatsApp has added perhaps its most annoying feature ever.

The app will now let people tag other users within conversations. And the notifications that come from those tags will come even if a chat has been muted – making it impossible to ignore.

The feature is apparently intended as a way of allowing people to keep up with big group chats, and not to have to read or respond to every message but only to the relevant ones. The company has been looking to build up group chats – including changing the maximum group size from 100 to 256 people – and so the move appears to be a way of dealing with that.

The feature has been added on Android and iOS – and the only way to turn it off seems to be turning off notifications entirely

WhatsApp has long offered the opportunity to mute an annoying group chat, allowing people to turn off notifications from them for a specific amount of time or indefinitely. But the new feature gets around that, allowing people to be involved in chats that they don’t want to be, against their will.

The only way to turn off the feature appears to be either to leave the group entirely or to turn off notifications from the app.

To tag someone, all a user has to do is to write the @ symbol and then start typing their name. Like on Facebook, as soon as someone starts doing that the app will start looking for people – a pop-up will appear and let people choose from a list of names.

Multiple people can be tagged and those people don’t have to be in a users’ address book, but must be in a chat.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/whatsapp-update-lets-people-tag-other-users-making-it-absolutely-impossible-to-ignore-annoying-group-a7317936.html
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Ism4b(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2016
WhatsApp restrategizing themselves since time immemorial. anyway best chatting application so far

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by samson147(m): 12:35am On Sep 21, 2016
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by HtwoOw: 1:27am On Sep 21, 2016
Type @ and contact names automatically show,

I'm loving that update
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by junnyjake(m): 1:31am On Sep 21, 2016
I don't know if its just me, caz I no longer find whatsapp interesting as it once was.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by tempem: 4:37am On Sep 21, 2016
junnyjake:
I don't know if its just me, caz I no longer find whatsapp interesting as it once was.
I think it's not Whatsapp, it's your contacts.

17 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by freecocoa(f): 7:15am On Sep 21, 2016
While we are still talking whatsapp, please does anyone know why messages won't be deleted? Been trying to delete some messages/chats to no avail.
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Nutase: 7:17am On Sep 21, 2016
shocked
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Ealiserwest(m): 7:47am On Sep 21, 2016
freecocoa:
While we are still talking whatsapp, please does anyone know why messages won't be deleted? Been trying to delete some messages/chats to no avail.

Make sure u have enough space on your phone memory
And also when trying to clear just leave ur phone while its cleaning. .i mean don't operate it
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by freecocoa(f): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2016
Ealiserwest:

Make sure u have enough space on your phone memory
And also when trying to clear just leave ur phone while its cleaning. .i mean don't operate it
I do have some space on my phone memory and I don't try doing nothing else while trying to delete the messages(can I even do any other thing at the time.) mind you, I'm talking about whatsapp messages/chats.

Thanks for the response.
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Ealiserwest(m): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2016
freecocoa:
I do have some space on my phone memory and I don't try doing nothing else while trying to delete the messages(can I even do any other thing at the time.) mind you, I'm talking about whatsapp messages/chats.

Thanks for the response.

I get same issue..

If the message is very large.. It will first take space..
But.. If you don't have any msg to lose.. Just clear your Whatsappp data
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2016
BB10 users using Andriod whatsapp version those this update get to you guys?
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Youngpo413: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2016
junnyjake:
Telegram make sense die, ask Jraph.
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by steppin: 9:43am On Sep 21, 2016
Tagging is annoying now abi? Nigerians Sabi complain, Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by mtprofessor5(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2016
I don't think that's annoying

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Plus1Nigeria(m): 10:03am On Sep 21, 2016
I noticed that in Nigeria today, We are blessed, we have a lot of talent but to showcase and letting the world know about this God given talent has become so expensive and very very very tedious to partake in. Well its a bit understandable, because of the level of our economical growth. We always put the blame on the Government, Yes the government has their part to play, so also We have ours to play too, The government cannot provide for each and every one of us that’s just the plain truth take it or leave it.

Promoting on plus1.com.ng is totally free we don’t charge you anything for promoting with us. its part of our contributions to help Nigeria youth showcase whatever potentials there might have, that we help them and bring a change to their life positively.

We strongly believe that we Nigerians have whatever it takes to be heard globally

You can promote your musics for free
You can promote your Videos for free(E.g comedy videos, musics videos, graphic designed e.t.c)
You can promote your artwork for free (E.g Drawing, paintings, graphic designed e.t.c)
You can promote your productions for free (E.g beats, cartoon, web designed e.t.c)

In fact you promote anything at all provided its legal..

please if you have anything you want to promote clickt he below link.
http://www.plus1.com.ng/promote-your-talent/
thanks
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by haywire07(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
Op it would hav been nice if u gave us pictorial samples
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by jedaii(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Plus1Nigeria:
I noticed that in Nigeria today, We are blessed, we have a lot of talent but to showcase and letting the world know about this God given talent has become so expensive and very very very tedious to partake in. Well its a bit understandable, because of the level of our economical growth. We always put the blame on the Government, Yes the government has their part to play, so also We have ours to play too, The government cannot provide for each and every one of us that’s just the plain truth take it or leave it.

Promoting on plus1.com.ng is totally free we don’t charge you anything for promoting with us. its part of our contributions to help Nigeria youth showcase whatever potentials there might have, that we help them and bring a change to their life positively.

We strongly believe that we Nigerians have whatever it takes to be heard globally

You can promote your musics for free
You can promote your Videos for free(E.g comedy videos, musics videos, graphic designed e.t.c)
You can promote your artwork for free (E.g Drawing, paintings, graphic designed e.t.c)
You can promote your productions for free (E.g beats, cartoon, web designed e.t.c)

In fact you promote anything at all provided its legal..

please if you have anything you want to promote clickt he below link.
http://www.plus1.com.ng/promote-your-talent/
thanks
who is going to read all DAT
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by ChallyB(m): 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
IMPORTANT!!!

Here is why your Body Scrub is not good for your Face shocked > www.handcworld.com/430606092/4180483/posting/why-your-body-scrub-is-not-good-for-your-face
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by emilyone(f): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
I want the sign in and out option
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by nani667: 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
New weird looking emoji with latest Update

Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by aribitoye(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Am waiting for the update that will allow one to see the contacts that are online at real time just like telegram does
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by TI1919(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thank God I don't have Phone that does whatssap, this recession bad oh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by rookidmart: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
aribitoye:
Am waiting for the update that will allow one to see the contacts that are online at real time just like telegram does
WhatsApp already does this since "time Imo River"
Or do you want toast notifications for online contacts?
In that case you need a WhatsApp mod -- stock Whatspp doesn't do that.
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Plus1Nigeria(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2016
jedaii:

who is going to read all DAT
my dear if you aint reading, people will.
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
dont friggin see this as annoying .. its a great improvement .. only that bb users will be missing this app so friggin much .. * tongues out to bb users**
Re: Whatsapp Has Just Released The Most Annoying Update by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
junnyjake:
Same with me

(1) (Reply)

Tecno C9 Or Tecno W5 / Samsung Is Killing It With Innovation!! Check Out The New Crazy Galaxy A80!! / How To Repair A Damaged SD Card.simplest Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.