Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps (701 Views)

The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) / Antibacterial Soaps May Do More Harm Than Good / Top Ingredients To Avoid In Soaps, Creams, Shampoo Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps by uboma(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
FDA says in a final rule that some antibacterial soaps can no longer be marketed
"We have no scientific evidence that they are any better than plain soap," official says
(CNN) — The Food and Drug Administration has issued a final rule that throws cold water on claims that antibacterial soaps and washes are more effective than regular soap.

The new rule bans antibacterial soaps and body washes containing certain ingredients from being marketed, because the ingredients were not proved to be safe and effective for long-term daily use, the FDA said Friday .

The rule applies to antibacterial soaps and washes that contain one or more of 19 active ingredients, including the most commonly used chemicals
triclosan and triclocarban , but it does not affect consumer hand sanitizers or antibacterial wipes.

"Consumers may think antibacterial washes are more effective at preventing the spread of germs, but we have no scientific evidence that they are any better than plain soap and water," said Dr. Janet Woodcock, director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, in a written announcement.
"In fact, some data suggests that antibacterial ingredients may do more harm than good over the long-term," she added.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/02/health/fda-bans-antibacterial-soap/index.html
Re: The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps by uboma(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
For those of us who always makes use of antibacterial soaps, we may causing more harm than good to ourselves....
Re: The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps by Ishilove: 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
uboma:
For those of us who always makes use of antibacterial soaps, we may causing more harm than good to ourselves....
Imagine using that stuff in your punana... o boy, na rashes get am. It wee mess up the flora and fauna of the puzzay. It will kill off the beneficial punny bacteria and leave the place vulnerable to demonic bacterial assault, vis candida bellantis, aka sweet mother, aka sweetie cry cry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps by uboma(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Imagine using that stuff in your punana... o boy, na rashes get am. It wee mess up the flora and fauna of the puzzay. It will kill off the beneficial punny bacteria and leave the place vulnerable to demonic bacterial assault, vis candida bellantis, aka sweet mother, aka sweetie cry cry angry

grin

Chai!

You deserve an award on topics like this.
I need to come so you can tutor me more on this... grin
Lemme guess, you learnt about this during your school days, ehn kwa!
but seriously I am yet to even see a woman who uses medicated soap to wash her "jerusalem".

cc: Adesiji77

Come and see another one ooooo!
Re: The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
uboma:

grin

Chai!

but seriously I am yet to even see a woman who uses medicated soap to wash her "jerusalem".

No 5th in this one grin

Back in secondary school I sat on some 'possessed' toilets and sweetie showed me pepper. Gosh! embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Food And Drug Administration Bans Some Antiibacterial Chemicals in Soaps by Adesiji77: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
uboma:

grin

Chai!

Ishilove deserves a Phd on those topics cool

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Delivery Option? C-sections Or Vaginal Delivery? See The Pros And C / Doctors In The House Pls O Need Advice. / Scientists Found The Key To Predicting A Baby's Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.