Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope (3292 Views)

Trendy Female Blouses For Grabs / Hot Blouses / Hot Blouses (2) (3) (4)

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by esthel(f): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2016
I got it perfectly...thanks maam
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
ogorwyne:
Those diagrams already got me lost sef. I really wana learn

Where or why are you lost?

Try and duplicate each drawing on your own paper, step-by-step...
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
esthel:
I got it perfectly...thanks maam

You are welcome...but I am a man, o! smiley
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
To continue with our 6-piece skirt, so far, we have completed the front side panel. Let us proceed...
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Step 12:

Once the panel is drafted on paper, place on your fabric which you will have on fold (that, is you will be cutting out 2 pieces at the same time). Remember to add your sewing allowance (between 1" to 2", or whatever sewing allowance you normally use).

You will need 4 pieces of this panel in total, TWO for the front of the skirt, and TWO for the back of the skirt.

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
Step 13:

For the front panel, use the side panel you have already draft and draw a line as shown in the picture below (to remove the curve on the hip side)

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Step 14:

This is what you should end up with...

When cutting on fabric, don't forget to add sewing allowance to join the centre panel to the two side front panels.

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
If you are following, we now have 5 of the six pieces of our 6-piece skirt. To make sure I am carrying everyone along, I need at least 5 people to post pictures of their paper patterns so far. Once that is done, we will draft the final piece of our skirt.

Sesan Ope Fashion
WhatsApp: 08172030276
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by nobledeals(f): 6:18am On Sep 24, 2016
SesanOpe:
If you are following, we now have 5 of the six pieces of our 6-piece skirt. To make sure I am carrying everyone along, I need at least 5 people to post pictures of their paper patterns so far. Once that is done, we will draft the final piece of our skirt.

Sesan Ope Fashion

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by mirob(f): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2016
Doing a great job, thanks so much. Will try and upload.
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by Mizabey(f): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2016
yhhhh, I get it
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by mirob(f): 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
Mr. Sesanope where are u naa?
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
mirob:
Mr. Sesanope where are u naa?

SesanOpe:

Sesan Ope Fashion

Sorry, my sister...nobody has posted any completed drafts yet..once they do, we will continue

I have other things to teach, but I have to make sure people are following along...thank you for your patience!
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by 247glorious(f): 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
Just seeing this, i say a big thank you for sharing. God blessn lift u higher Amen.
Gotten a fabric, will post as soonas am thru God willing. Thanks!
!
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by 247glorious(f): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
Just seeing this, i say a big thank you to you for sharing. God bless and lift u higher Amen.
Gotten a fabric, will post as soon as am thru God willing. Thanks!
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by Debbiemma(f): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pls sir,how do we do the calculation for the measurement

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by anibest15(f): 4:59am On Sep 30, 2016
Pls explain figures u introduce and y....thanks .
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Debbiemma:
Pls sir,how do we do the calculation for the measurement

Sorry for the delay in response... I was busy getting ready for the WhatsApp class I am teaching.

Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
From this picture:

You measure around your waistline, i.e. where you normally put your skirt...e.g. 28"

Then you measure your hip depth - which is the distance between your waistline and the fullest part of your hips (the bum area)...eg. 7", 8" or at the most 9".

Then you measure around your hips at that hip depth level, i.e. the widest part of your hips...eg...38"

The last two measurements are:

- the knee length (which is where the flair of the skirt begins)...so measure from your waistline to just 2" above your knee...eg. 16", 17" or 18". If you measure to the knee, you will not be able to walk in the skirt.

- the skirt length (which is how long you want the skirt to be). Make sure the length is how long you want it, depending on how high the heels of your shoes will be.

Hope this is clearer.

I am still waiting to see your work, so we can draft the last panel...
Re: Learn To Cut Skirts, Blouses, Dresses And More Like The Pros Do! ----- Sesanope by SesanOpe: 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
anibest15:
Pls explain figures u introduce and y....thanks .

Pls see my post above in response to @Debbiemma's question

Sesan Ope Fashion

Ladies Turkey Wears Business Is It Lucrative? / 2017 African Print Peplum Tops / Hauwa Chebe Powder And Karkar Oil Kit (hakmim Ladies Affairs)