Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? (5534 Views)

Being A Full Hijabite Plus A Footballer, Outter The Fold Of Islam? / Interactions with non-mahram|Etiquettes of online and offline interactions / Muslims Engagement In Multi Level Marketing; Halal Or Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
We see the undefeatable two Student of comparative religious studies [Zakir Naik and Ahmad Deedat] argue and a successfully convinced and convert non believers to Islam. Among many others like Hussain Yusuf Mabera and Prof Dauda (A former Reverend of Christianity)

The question is, could this type of argument be allowed in Islam.

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and ARGUE with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided Quran Nahli chapter 16: verse 125

5 Likes

Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by Feanah(f): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2016
I think doing it in a MATURE way the way the likes of Sh.Zakir Naik do ,with authentic verses and hadith(s) is permissible , so we can make them see the truth.But,it's very important that we try as much as possible not to insult their religion least they insult Allah or His Messenger.And ofcourse they shouldn't insult our religion too.
That's my thought though,Allahu a'alam.I hope I didn't make any blunder

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by AbuHammaad: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2016
Yes, it's allowed as long as you're backing up your argument with the Quran / the Sunnah.

“And do not argue with the People of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians), unless it be in a way that is better, except with such of them as do wrong, and say [to them]: “We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you; our Ilaah [God] and your Ilaah [God] is One [i.e. Allaah], and it is to Him we submit [in Islaam],” calls the believers to argue with the People of the Book in a way that is better, i.e.inviting them to Allaah with His aayaat (verses, proofs, evidences, etc.) using the clearest indicative words which proves the objective and to avoid being harsh save with such of them as do wrong. Ankabut: 29:46

What the scholars prohibit is debating with Ahlul-Bid'ah not the unbelievers

Imaam as-Saaboonee (d. 449H) said about Ahlus-Sunnah,

"They follow the Salafus-Saalih the Imaams and the Scholars of the Muslims, and they cling to the firm deen that they clung to and to the clear truth. And they hate Ahul-Bid'ah (the People of Innovation) who innovate into the Deen that which is not from it. They do not love them and they do not keep company with them. They do not listen to their sayings, nor sit with them, nor argue with them about the Deen, nor debate with them . Rather, they protect their ears from hearing their futility; things, which if they pass through the ears and settle in the hearts, will cause harm and cause doubts and wicked ideas to appear

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by babs01(m): 11:39am On Sep 30, 2016
The answer is in your post
Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by Bnladan(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ud'u ilaa sabeeli rabbika bil hikmati Wal mau'izatil Hasan, wa jaadilhum billati hiya ahsan... May Allah guide us.
Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by Granger: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Feanah:
I think doing it in a MATURE way the way the likes of Sh.Zakir Naik do ,with authentic verses and hadith(s) is permissible , so we can make them see the truth.But,it's very important that we try as much as possible not to insult their religion least they insult Allah or His Messenger.And ofcourse they shouldn't insult our religion too.
That's my thought though,Allahu a'alam.I hope I didn't make any blunder

And if they insult Allah or the prophet you have the right to kill them.
You people need reorientation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by Feanah(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Granger:

Did anyone mention anything that has to do with killing here?It's because of people like you I wrote that 'mature' in capital letters.If you need information from people or just want to seek attention,learn how to talk like a responsible adult first.Peace

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by najib632(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Granger:

that's to show you the extent of Gratitude and loyalty to God and his messenger. How dare man insult the Supreme Lord of the universe and you expect me to sit down and watch after all the good things God has done for me?
Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by najib632(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
Granger:

That's to show you the extent of Gratitude and loyalty to God and his messenger. How dare man insult the Supreme Lord of the universe and you expect me to sit down and watch after all the good things God has done for me?
Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by favouritesahaba: 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
It is Halal to engage in dialogue with Unbeliever.

But it is better for those who are learned.

Other muslim can advise them but not argument so that you don't end up accept what Allah forbid or reject What Allah Permit ignorantly.

Wa Allahu A'alam

1 Like

Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by bams2999(m): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
if is cause fight is HARAM
Re: Argument With Non Believers Of Islam. Halal Or Haram? by realmindz: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
" I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion ."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh ."

Yes, I'm Muslim and believe all of the above

I believe that someday, Men shall be free to speak about any religion without any fear and intimidation.

Allamdulilah

(1) (Reply)

Prostration (Sujood) On Soil-What Is The Justification? / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / "Walk By Faith, Not Just By Sight".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.