Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint (35842 Views)

Money Doubler, Wash-Wash, Arrested By RRS (Photos, Video) / Fraud Syndicates Including A Woman Arrested By RRS (Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack In Ajah Lagos Today, 2 Robbers & 2 Victims Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by stephenduru: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2016
The operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a two man robbery gang specializing in defrauding unsuspecting members of public around Cele Bus-stop, along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway of Lagos.

The suspects, Emmanuel Anyanwu, 39, an ex-convict and Kennedy Ujagbor, 42, a drug addict, were jointly arrested by the RRS officers at Cele Bus-stop, when a victim from whom they had snatched his bag from the previous day when he failed to fall into their trap, identified them at a drinking joint.

Their victim, Sammy Bolaji, was on his way to Ogun State when he was stopped by the duo of Anyanwu and Ujagbor for his assistance. “They asked me if I knew a particular address and I told them that I was a stranger in that area…. As I made to leave them, one of them grabbed my bag from behind and took to his heels. The second one followed suit. I ran after them but I guess they knew the route more than I do, so they escaped before people around could even come to term with what was going on…. Sadly for me, in that bag were a sum of N7,500:00, two mobile phones, cloths and other personal effects. I had to discontinue the journey because all I had on me were gone.

“The following day, my mum chose to drive me through this same spot where my bag was snatched. Luckily for me, I saw these same guys sipping alcohol early in the morning very close to the spot. I alighted not telling my mom what I had seen, at least to confirm first…. As things would work my way, I saw RRS’s patrol vehicle passing by and I waved them down, narrated all that happened yesterday and they followed me to where these guy were sitting.

“They were shocked to see me with the police. They interrogated them and arrested them after confirming the incident…. They promised the officers that they would retrieve my bag for me in Ketu, where they sold it to,” he stated.

Emmanuel Anyanwu, in his confession said, “We are swindlers. We are always on the street looking for people to defraud…. Yesterday, we met this guy. Our plan was to play him and it didn’t seem to work out, so we snatched his bag and ran away. His bag is in Ketu.”

The suspect revealed their Modus Operandi, “Normally, what we do is tell our victim that we are foreigners with a huge consignment of mobile phones and stationery….  We would now pretend that we were in search of marketers with enough money to buy the goods…. In the process, we persuade our victims to show interest in buying the goods by dangling before them an irresistible offer. If they show interest, we tell them to demonstrate their seriousness with a commitment by depositing their phones, money or jewelry. That is how we con them.”

Confirming the development, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Superintendent of Police, SP Dolapo Badmus stated that the police would leave no stone unturned towards reducing crime in the state. The suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for further investigation.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/rrs-nabs-2-robbers1-drug-addict-1-ex.html

2 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by HtwoOw: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
On behalf of NCAN Ikire Branch

I'm pleased to announce its them

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by APCsupporter: 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
NCA North Cental Branch.

Its them! Ipoop stop tarnishing the image of Igbos.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by sarrki(m): 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2016
It seems this one's are not aware of the circular sent

Out by their Head Quaters(Ipob criminals) the

sit at home order

Yeye dey smell

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by jamex93(m): 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
As I done check name finish

Now On my way to ogbomosho to go report

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
My brothers no dey carry last, despite sentence and death, we're resilient!
#proudly Igbo jare
(they are coming for me.. I know)

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by olumaxi(m): 7:17am On Sep 22, 2016
Flat heads IPOB yoots....

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by dotman4real007(m): 7:26am On Sep 22, 2016
that Guy head na hard one ooo!!! You no fit steal from him and get away with it, police came just at the right time for him, the thieves came back to the same area to drink. And his mum drove through the same area!! Chaii Omo your head hard!!!!!

26 Likes

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by veekid(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2016
Flat headz no dey carry last in this nature

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2016
cool

11 Likes

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2016
Emmanuel Anyanwu and Kennedy Ujagbor
Awon Israelites...
The ones that developed Lagos with their hardwork.
The guy shouldnt have gotten them arrested,they were only trying to help him develop his bag like they did to Lagos and Indonesia.
grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Good for them
Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by azeecoboy(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2016
K
Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by highwaist: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2016
The thief look modelic in the pics.this best crim pics.kudos to photographer
Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by handysuzy(f): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Send them straight to jail

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Authoreety: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2016
,Ex-convict and drug addict...... OK o... Una Neva Chi chonchin

2 Likes

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Proffdada: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2016
grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by chimah3(m): 10:52am On Sep 22, 2016
THIEVES

OLE

CARRY THEM GO!!!

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by azeecoboy(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2016
Emmanuel anyawu,kennedy ujagbor.. lipsrsealed ISSOrait,Ishokay cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by onosprince(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2016
I wonder How this wretched men could swindle people to drop my phone and money to claim one
damn consignment that doesn't exist, Only a foolish person will fall for their bullsh1t.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by SonofDevil: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2016
60%out Of every crime story belongs to ibo peeps.

40% to Others

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:54am On Sep 22, 2016
Jail term for all Criminals

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2016
Representing the the entire south south region..

Its confirmed ukwa eaters over and out.. Ncan south south president

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by wellmax(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2016
Oga have you checked the names? Is it your people again? Christmas is coming, they need to make returns and show off in the village.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by favourmic(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2016
Over to NCAN for verification

1 Like

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by admax(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2016
All these NCAN people haff spoil me finish....I can't believe I will be checking names once a crime news makes it to the front page.

Believe me, forget all the Yoruba vs Ibo online fights; Those two tribes loves each other and can't do without themselves.

Take it or Leave it, check with Ikoyi registry or churches wedding ceremonies for more information. grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Ayinla4life: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2016
SEE THEIR HEAD. ORI LA FI N DA IGBO MO grin grin grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Robbers Arrested By RRS After Victim Identified Them At Drinking Joint by Vilshow(m): 10:58am On Sep 22, 2016
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Romanian Immigrant Arrives UK On Friday, Steals On Saturday, Jailed On Monday / From Cubana Brothers To Ned Nwoko’s Wife, How EFCC Ignored Nigerian Elites / Nigerian Man Reportedly Kidnapped By ISIS In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.