Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Oil Price Saga, Fupre Graduate's More Petroleum Engineers!!!!(see photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oil Price Saga, Fupre Graduate's More Petroleum Engineers!!!!(see photos) (1410 Views)

Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil Price Saga, Fupre Graduate's More Petroleum Engineers!!!!(see photos) by itzsirkay(m): 10:00am On Sep 22, 2016
The federal university of petroleum resources is a recognized university in the world not only because its the first petroleum university in Africa and sixth in the world but due to her remarkable performance in the world oil and gas contest as she emerges African champion for three consecutive years(2014 , 2015 , 2016) in PETROBOWL competition and represented Africa in Netherlands, Houstin Texas and Dubai respectively. Also FUPRE is not just petroleum champion she also emerges African champion as she claimed two awards in the SHELL ECO-MARATHON contest held in South Africa.

Inspite of these achievements, no of aspirants keep increasing every year as petroleum engineering applicants takes the lead as 1860 (37.2%) of the total of 5004 applicants of which about 150 (8.1%) applicant might possibly be admitted based on the university capacity leaving about 1710 (91.9%) applicants regretting had I known.

Most Nigeria Parents wants their children to study engineering particularly petroleum enginnering not because of any other reason, 'OIL MONEY' also called 'PURE BLOOD MONEY' forgetting that the days of oil moneys seems to be going into extinction.

However, I want to use this medium to advice most Nigerian parents/Guardians and students who are bent on making earns means from oil money that oil jobs are not as promising as it use to be around 2014 when crude oil price is around $110/barrel as against what it is now about $38/barrel which forces most oil company to retrench its workers, also many oil and gas investors are now cutting down their Investment due to oil price saga.

Also, the current economic recession saga that Nigeria find herself is also due to the fall in crude oil price globally relative to our overdependence on oil money.

Inspite of these reasons, parents be WARNED, advice and persuade your children to choose a career out of petroleum engineering.

However, I will not forget to congratulate the 2015/2016 graduates of petroleum and natural gas engineering department of FUPRE as God has seen them through studying 84 COURSES in 10 SEMESTERS for 5 BRUTAL YEARS in FUPRE as they claimed .I pray that God will bring back the good days of oil money so that you guyz will be happy to have been a petroleum engineer.

I remain Kayode Adams, KASALI. , a concerned student of petroleum and natural gas engineering department, federal university of petroleum resources, effurun, Delta state, Nigeria
(08162514446 , alanirasaq@gmail.com)

1 Share

Re: Oil Price Saga, Fupre Graduate's More Petroleum Engineers!!!!(see photos) by visionjoe: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sighted

ONNI, Joseph Yusuf

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Begins Distribution Of PC Tablets To Students [unilorin Tab] / OMG See The World First Phone / Unilag Pg Entrance Examination Past Questions And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.