Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Aladinma - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Aladinma (397 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aladinma by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Aladinma is a beautiful place located in Owerri, Imo state, Nigeria; the eastern part of the country.
It is a beautiful place where you learn the good, the bad, the ugly and the unknown.
It is a beautiful place where you can meet people that can either lead you to the foot of that ladder to climb to the sky and scribble your name on the stars, and it is also a place where you can meet people that can lead you to the place where you will go six feet down before your own time...

I came to Aladinma when I was a girl, with a heart filled with innocence and a chest as flat as the surface of the earth. When gunshots and shouts were the alarms that woke the streets at midnights, and silence filled the streets during the day.

I came to Aladinma when almost all the lands where hostel buildings and shops now stand on were covered in thick bushes and tall trees with branches and green leaves and boys and girls would stand under them, kissing and touching themselves. The last time, I had stood to watch them under the 'icheku' tree and when they noticed I was watching, they left and went into their hostel holding hands together. I went home that day thinking all about the scene and wishing I had followed them to watch them continue.

I came to Aladinma when only the brave walked the streets raising shoulders and people like us; me and the other beings who lacked the braveness, walked the streets with trembling legs, clutching our phones and handbags and money to our chests, trying to hide them from the men and women who claimed they owned the nights and controlled the day times in Aladinma.

Aladinma has been a beautiful place with many lessons to take home.
The skies facing the grounds in Aladinma has been beautiful but then, they've never been beautiful as today's.

Written by Mbagwu Amarachi Chilaka ©2016
amarachimbagwuchilaka1995@gmail.com

Re: Aladinma by CuteChiluv: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
The starting looks interesting,the name is captivating and i would really love to know more about that part of imo state, so i guess i should book my place and wait for updates, hope more updates would come without disappointments, good start

(1) (Reply)

DECISIONS Part 3 / A Story You Would Love To Read! / Chimamanda Adichie Comments Are Racial In My Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.