Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? (770 Views)

These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel / Sharp Corolla, Low Fuel Consuming, Easy To Maintain, #1.2m / Sold! Rugged,Low Fuel Consuming,Camry, New Engine, Buy & Drive #560k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? by TRYGO(m): 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
Vehicle manufacturers over the years have modified vehicles to be more fuel efficient, by incorporating various types of technological strategies, ranging from cylinder deactivation systems (on Honda, Ford, "V" engine configurations); VVT-i(variable valve timing ignition) systems; and turbo chargers.

If your car has either of the above installed fuel efficient systems, and your car's fuel efficiency is poor, you probably need to check the following:

1. Engine air filter. Clogged filters distorts a car air fuel ratio negatively, making a car's computer system atomizes more fuel in the combustion chambers

2. Engine idling. Avoid excessive idling of the engine, after start-up, or in traffic. This wears your engine more, and consumes more fuel.
Put off the engine when not in use.

3. AC system. If you're the one that regularly turns on your car's AC system, know that the AC system, adds more load on the engine when the compressor is engaged. Want to use the AC system, and you're worried about fuel issues?

**open your car's windows if you'd parked the car in the sun, before turning in the AC. This would reduce the tremendous amount of work the AC system does, and exerts in your AC system before cooling.

**avoid parking your car in the sun. Look for a shady area.

4. Avoid aggressive driving. When you drive aggressively, it's proportional to increased fuel usage.
Avoid sudden brake applications, and sudden takeoffs.

5. Under inflated. Under inflated tyres increases a car's rolling resistance, which is always translated to increased load on the engine, and subsequently a safety concern for the driver and passengers.
Ensure all tyres are uniformly gauged according to manufacturer's standard.

6. Intake air ducts. All air intake ducts in the engine bay should all be checked regularly to avoid air leaks. A leaky sir duct, falsely commands a car's computer system yo atomize more fuel, thereby affecting your consumption.

7. Spark plugs. Worn out spark plugs would always affect a car's consumption rate. If your plugs are worn, it takes tremendous energy and time for the spark to be ignited, and travel straight down to the combustion chambers, to cause a major ripple effect necessary for your car's dynamics.

I do hope this short piece was helpful.
Drop us a comment in the comment bar, pls.

Re: Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? by Trunaijian: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
Faulty/abscence of Catalytic converter (indomie)
Clogged/ dirty nozzles
Faulty fuel pump

(Honda)

1 Like

Re: Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? by TRYGO(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
@trunaijian. Thanks for the wonderful contributions. Hope you're cool?
Re: Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? by Trunaijian: 4:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
TRYGO:
@trunaijian. Thanks for the wonderful contributions.
Hope you're cool?
Yea. Am cool bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? by maxxx(m): 12:11am On Sep 17, 2017
Hello trygo. I'm having issues with my cooling and exhaust system. Are you in Lagos. Plus give me your number so we can talk. Thanks
Re: Your Car's Consuming Excess Fuel? by TRYGO(m): 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
@maxxx. I'm in Lagos.

I saw your email, some weeks ago, and actually sent a response, but have not gotten feedback from you.

What's it with your cooling system, and the exhaust?

You can PM me, or drop the details here, so that I respond to them.

***08066643532****

(1) (Reply)

Sold to smart buyer - 2009 Camry SE - 3.4m / Super Neat Registered Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007@2.9M SOLD / Get Instant Buyers FREE Post Your Car Adverts Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.