Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation (6024 Views)

Despite Vaccine Scare, Who To Immunise 300,000 Against Cholera In Borno / Cholera Kills 48 In Borno / Cholera Kills Seven, 200 Admitted In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 23, 2016
R
Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by Romzy26: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2016
mrgreen4real:

Abacha Sellers will be on the run in that terrain
my belle don dey turn me, I dey go find the woman . lol

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by Cerebrae(m): 9:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Hmmmm. More than 20 individuals have been admitted in my workplace due to this. Be careful of what you eat.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by XaintJoel20: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyah.
Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by anonimi: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Bolustic:
I am sure our brothers came to this thread with the aim of pouncing on Ambode, Buhari and APC in general but by the time they realize it's their food prepared by them in their dirty environments, they'd pipe low.

Does the government have no role in educating and sensitising people on sanitation and hygiene?
Why do we find it so hard to hold our government responsible

Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by anonimi: 10:55am On Sep 23, 2016
seguno2:
Direct result of the neglect by the state government of tap water provision and absence of Sanitary Inspectors.
Drinking borehole water that is contaminated with soak away shit can only lead to cholera epidemic.

Thanks.
When there is tap water flowing then the chance of improper hygiene for preparing food is reduced.
It is sad and pathetic that over 17 years of progreTHIEF administration by Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode, many areas of Lagos do not have tap water supply.

Lawmaker scores Lagos Water Corporation low

A Lagos State lawmaker, Mr Saka Fafunmi, on Thursday expressed dissatisfaction at the performance of the state Water Corporation.

Fafunmi, a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly (LAHA), said in Ikeja that the corporation had not been able to justify statutory allocations to it.

The lawmaker, who represents Ifako-Ijaiye Constituency 1 at the assembly, spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

He said that the corporation had the capacity to generate much fund internally through water rates but had relied solely on government funding because of poor performance.

'' Anyone that is using water will be willing to pay for it; the corporation has not been giving us water.

"Is there any new community that Water Corporation has given water? People depend on boreholes; even government estates have industrial boreholes.

"Why do we keep pumping money into an agency that does not give us the desired results?'' he asked.

He noted that the Adiyan Waterworks was located at Ifako-Ijaiye, where many of the residents had resorted to digging boreholes as a means of getting water.

''A lot of people are falling sick because they don't drink clean water.

''In the same compound, where you have sewage, is where you have a borehole.

''There is no way you can manage the sewage that it will not leak and pollute the water; everyone drinking such is drinking contaminated water,'' he said.

The lawmaker urged the corporation to increase water reticulation and supply to residents.

From: http://www.punchng.com/politics/lawm...rporation-low/

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3928528_screenshot20160702074507_jpegb6ef54648b853c62b9f490825c47c180

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2016
Cerebrae:
Hmmmm. More than 20 individuals have been admitted in my workplace due to this. Be careful of what you eat.

do you stay around the epicenter
Re: Cholera Kills Six In Lagos, 39 Under Observation by HERSLEY(f): 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
Bolustic:
You needed to watch where these people were living and defecating yesterday on TVC, then you'd wonder why these 'developed' people who own 90% of property in Lagos have to leave their developed enclaves to come and live in such demeaning environment in our 'underdeveloped' lands.

What an irony.
u and tribal comments ... U must be an illiterate n a dimwit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spots On My Body Called Ina-run In Yoruba, I Need Effective Help / How To Lose Belly Fat In One Week / SIZA Foundation Unveiled, Launches Book On Fight Against Drug Among Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.